• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

MesH

Grabbed the Xbone deal from the Microsoft Store, Unity bundle with COD AW and play and charge kit, 296 bucks total. Will sell the Unity and black flag codes for 55 bucks if anyone is interested or will do a straight across trade if anyone still has a Sunset code they haven't used.

iiicon

Just grabbed DR3 and Forza 5 from The Source. I think that's it for me this year. My backlog is too big to keep adding to it.

I just did a manual search on the playstation store and shadow of mordor (PS4) is $35 and Diablo III Reaper of Souls (PS4) is $38. I need to find one more game to get the $15 credit for spending $100 before december 2.

Cheers

MrNineties

Already scored Curtain Call LE from Amazon.com for 19.99 USD (fantastic deal) but I'm so conflicted now. The only other game I really really want is Diablo III PS4 and it is 39.99 at FS and BB starting 28th at 12am. Problem is now we have this leaked Lightning deals thread which may extend to Canada and the potential for an even lower price point is there. What do you guys think? Physical for 39.99+Tax or wait until they announce Lightning Deals tomorrow and risk no stock being left on the physical copy by that point?

EDIT: Seeing ~ Zyzomys ~ above ref $38 for digital Diablo 3 PS4 - What is the better bet guys? Canadian PSStore doesn't charge tax right?

-90s

Is there any store that I can buy discounted PSN cards at before I make my digital purchases? I would need to be able to pick up these cards tonight or tomorrow to take advantage of this Flash Sale. Any savings here just adds to the $15 credit for spending $100.

Cheers

Cactus

Banned
looks like walmart.ca is already getting hit by a massive amount of traffic:

WalMart said:
Stand by...
We’re experiencing a high volume of visitors.

Our website reached peak capacity — we have so many people shopping at once that we had to slow things down. But don’t worry, you’re next in line to start shopping! Please wait a few moments; the site will automatically load when available.

We thank you for your patience!

There's a 30 second timer that keeps attempting to refresh the website and then looping.

Ledhead

Is there any store that I can buy discounted PSN cards at before I make my digital purchases? I would need to be able to pick up these cards tonight or tomorrow to take advantage of this Flash Sale. Any savings here just adds to the $15 credit for spending $100.

Cheers

I don't think I have ever seen the actual store cards discounted. I only ever see the Plus memberships marked down :/ Let me know if you find anything though

I think i'll be grabbing Shadow of Mordor and Sniper Elite III to play over the holidays.

Lexxism

Cheers

No. We only had two deals for prepaid cards this year and both were from Target. One was the 25% off on PSN and Eshop. The second was the Buy 1 and Get 2nd for 20% off. I don't think we will ever see that kind of deal this year.

Shadow of Mordor; Diablo III Reaper; Sniper Elite III; and Transistor come to $105.96 and will get me the $15 credit. It I cannot find any PSN cards on sale tomorrow morning I will just click through and make the purchase. I was hoping Far Cry 4 would be on sale but I guess that is asking a bit much for a game that was only released in the last two weeks.

Cheers

Joeku

Shadow of Mordor; Diablo III Reaper; Sniper Elite III; and Transistor come to $105.96 and will get me the $15 credit. It I cannot find any PSN cards on sale tomorrow morning I will just click through and make the purchase. I was hoping Far Cry 4 would be on sale but I guess that is asking a bit much for a game that was only released in the last two weeks.

Cheers

If you have a red card you can get 5% off at Target, and yes, that applies to prepaid cards for digital services.

I am swopping out infamous for Sniper Elite 3 bringing the total to $101. After the $15 credit, that means four games for $86. Not a bad haul at all. And now I am done although I am hoping a PS + Card goes on sale over the next four days. I bought my membership last Black Friday so it must be expiring soon.

Cheers

theRizzle

I wonder if the EB stuff will go live at midnight EST.

I am gonna buy Lightning Returns because I hate myself and don't value my free time.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Are there any good deals on books/comics? Or will I have to order online from America?

No_Style

The sales have been decent and widely available. Any "hot deal" is going to burn out rather quickly like that Watch_Dogs on X1 for $15 or PS4 version for $20.

Another example is that Sunset Overdrive for $30 @ RCSS deal? Good luck with that one when RFD is on the prowl.

Message received.

I still lament no Pro Controller sales. Only thing that holds me back from Smash and Bayo :(

When the Source had that $20 off $50 coupon, I bought a Pro Controller with it. I waited a month and heard nothing, like many people in this thread. Then I called the Source and they told me the product had been discontinued (!!!). On the advice of someone in this thread, I asked them to route a controller from a physical store to one near me, which they were happy to do, but then afterwards a bunch of other people got cancellation notices saying the controller had been discontinued.

I think it's likely Nintendo has killed the Pro Controller, either permanently or because they're going to introduce a revised/updated model. That's just a theory, but it would explain why there are zero Pro Controller deals. If you really really need a Pro Controller and don't mind it being third-party, I think EBGames might have had one on sale?

iLLmAtlc

You guys see flash sale posted at Gaming?

15255918294_03646675cc_z.jpg

• Borderlands Pre-Sequel (PS3) $39.99
  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare – Digital Pro Edition (PS3/PS4) $89.99
  • Destiny Digital Guardian Edition (PS3/PS4) $79.99
  • Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition (PS3) $19.99
  • Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4) $34.99
  • FIFA 15 (PS3) $23.99
  • FIFA 15 (PS4) $34.99
  • inFAMOUS Second Son (PS4) $19.99
  • Madden 15 (PS3) $23.99
  • Madden 15 (PS4) $35.99
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS3/PS4) $29.99
  • MLB 14 The Show (PS3/PS4) $19.99
  • NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM Revolution (PS3) $24.99
  • NHL15 (PS3) $23.99
  • NHL15 (PS4) $35.99
  • Sniper Elite 3 (PS3) $19.99
  • Sniper Elite 3 (PS4) $24.99
  • The Evil Within (PS3/PS4) $29.99
  • Transistor (PS4) $7.99
  • WWE 2K15 (PS3) $39.99

There's also a Movie/TV flash sale. You can find those deals in the link below
Blog Post

Edit:
There's also a spend $100 get $15 back promotion currently going on
af88b3e7-37a5-4027-a287-3ef583be84b7.jpg

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
What's going on? I thought BF started tomorrow, deals are already out?

iLLmAtlc

Add $5 to everything for Canuckistan pricing.

Is that right?

The store seems to show inconsistent pricing right now. inFamous SS is $20 for example but NHL 14 is different.

Could also just need some time for the prices to fully update. FWIW Ea Sports UFC took a few hours even after the store update to reach $14 on Tuesday.

zeitgeist

I love how Arkham Origins is going to be on sale at EB Games but it isn't even searchable on the site.
Guess that means it won't be in stock online?

What's going on? I thought BF started tomorrow, deals are already out?

Yeah, a lot of deals tend to go up Thursday night anyways (just like how many online Boxing Day sales go up the evening of the 24th) but some were extra early this year. Microsoft Store, for example, went up just before midnight today.

No_Style

I just noticed this on Walmart's video game section & it amused me way more than it should: "Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select Walmart!"

Top Bottom