• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

The battery life is so bad that I use my second mostly for trading off after the first dies.

Makes perfect sense

That's what I should do. However, I hate getting controllers 'dirty' by touching them or getting dust/sweat marks on them, so I feel better when I have a new one in the packaging and not opened.

Then, a month after buying it, I return it out of fear it may be defective when I open it. That said, Walmart would likely exchange it months later if so.

Liberty4all

Banned
Play the demo first. I never wound up playing the game any farther than what was in the demo before I became annoyed with the touchscreen controls not allowing me to do the one thing I needed to do to progress.

Thanks. Sounds like I'd get annoyed playing it.

Oneself

So, there was a VIP event in-store at Futureshop tonight, got there a little late, near 9pm but I wish I could have made it earlier.

Second Son, Killzone, MLB & Watchdog were 19.99$.
Driveclub was 29.99$.
Sunset Overdrive was 39.99$

ohlawd

Thanks. Sounds like I'd get annoyed playing it.

try the demo anyway. I still don't get the hate for the demo. Dodge is unlocked from the start and it's not like the game is difficult

do you like charaction action games like Devil May Cry to begin with? if not then nah.

Boo :( Walmart cancelled the Marth amiibo order I made a while back... makes me wonder if the Gamecube Adapter order I just made today will be cancelled too. No thanks, Walmart!

Pretty bummed out that there are no PS+ deals this year.

Mine runs out on the 30th as well.

I think I might just buy a month and hope we get some deals on Boxing Day.

No_Style

Pretty bummed out that there are no PS+ deals this year.

Mine runs out on the 30th as well.

I think I might just buy a month and hope we get some deals on Boxing Day.

If you're going to take advantage of the PSN deals (Co-op sale or Flash Sale), you can always add PS+ to your total. Then you can take advantage of the get $15 back on $100 promo.

PLUS, you can use Paypal to load your PSN account and get 5% cash back (It has to be your second purchase though, so you might want to load a small amount first.)

Pavillion

Well i caved. Walmart had the Super Mario 3d world bundle plus either Donkey Kong tropical freeze or Wind Waker for $299. Ran to future shop and got a pro controller. Then stopped on my way home at my local video store to grab Smash.

I'd like to buy a new TV, but mine is still going strong despite being 7 years old or more. I'll hold off.

I'll likely just keep my wallet closed tomorrow.

HeelPower

Well i caved. Walmart had the Super Mario 3d world bundle plus either Donkey Kong tropical freeze or Wind Waker for $299. Ran to future shop and got a pro controller. Then stopped on my way home at my local video store to grab Smash.

enjoy it :)

Sounds awesome to say the least.

Yeah, I'd wait it out until Boxing Day if I were you.

Thinking about it, I don't know how much it's worth it though. In the end I might not save much, or anything at all in which case it'l end up costing me more because $10 for a month is horrible value. Dilemma.

I'd go without, but I'm loving DA:I multiplayer right now and don't really want to stop playing it because my sub runs out.

If you're going to take advantage of the PSN deals (Co-op sale or Flash Sale), you can always add PS+ to your total. Then you can take advantage of the get $15 back on $100 promo.

PLUS, you can use Paypal to load your PSN account and get 5% cash back (It has to be your second purchase though, so you might want to load a small amount first.)

The only thing I want to buy from either the flash or co-op sales is Transistor. Nothing else that interests me to be honest, but thank you for trying to help.

Got the xbone ass creed bundle + mcc for 350. That price sold me :)

I'll sell the ass creed codes as i dont like the games. Tomorrow going to grab dead rising 3 and ryse for cheap. Nice little score!

I already have a ps4 and wiiu

Part of me really wants to upgrade to a 3DS XL for $150

but I might just wait for the New 3DS, the original 3DS really isn't comfortable and I'd just like to upgrade.

koopas

but I might just wait for the New 3DS, the original 3DS really isn't comfortable and I'd just like to upgrade.
If comfort is your issue I'd suggest the 2DS. I've used all models and found the 2DS the most comfortable of the three

ohlawd

5% paypal cashback sounds good. drop 5 bucks in PSN for the first purchase and get some back on shop.ca stuff. Will this work out okay?

anything is an upgrade to the OG 3DS. Uncomfortable pos.

MercuryLS

Banned

I bought the exact same stuff last friday for Smash. Worth it.

Some of the walmart stuff is live already. Just snagged $24.94 Evil Within.

Is there an easy way to see all their BF deals?

I went to PS4 games section and it has some but lots are missing including Evil Within which I had to manually search. Then I tried their Black Friday deals page and clicked games and all it gives me is 4 WiiU bundles

Fucking bullshit!! I added Evil Within to my cart and while I was checking out it sold out.

Don't most sites reserve your item once it's in your cart?

AAAAARGHHHHH

Edit: The weird thing is the product page still says it's in stock. But it won't let me buy it.

Top Bottom