• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Nibiru

Banned
OMg The Amazing Spider-Man 2 with Amazon Exclusive Jamie Foxx Electro Bust is on sale at Amazon.ca!!!

Try and contain yourself people!

asm-2-bd-se-e1398698248449.jpg

Wow what were they thinking lol!

kitzkozan

My black friday / cyber monday haul was really weak, but I'm cutting back on expense since I've got financial goals to hit for 2015. :) Ended up buying USFIV for 10$ on xbox live + the latest Ghibli movies (Bluray). :p I've got more than enough games to play in my backlog anyway.

frequency

I have some old orders at Future Shop (from E3) that I can't view. I can view most other orders fine but I just get an error when I try to view these ones.

Has anyone else had this problem? How was it resolved?

Future Shop email support hasn't answered me after FOUR tries.

Phone is useless. My english is already bad and their support must be outsourced overseas so it's just two people who can barely speak the language talking passed each other.

Diagol

I have some old orders at Future Shop (from E3) that I can't view. I can view most other orders fine but I just get an error when I try to view these ones.

Has anyone else had this problem? How was it resolved?

Future Shop email support hasn't answered me after FOUR tries.

Phone is useless. My english is already bad and their support must be outsourced overseas so it's just two people who can barely speak the language talking passed each other.

I had the same problem. Actually, I still have the same problem. Luckily, I know what I ordered based off the fact that they keep sending emails saying that the pre-orders are awaiting their release dates. The call centre can view the order still though if you call them (as I needed to alter my payment method). But yeah, their site is absolute hot garbage.

zroid

Banned
Thanks for this, I ordered the Eden of the East Complete Series BD for $8.99 USD. Shipping was only $0.54 to Ontario, good stuff.

Woah, I wasn't planning on getting anything but that's a steal

edit: bah, I probably shouldn't. I don't even watch anime anymore; it would just collect dust, and I've seen Eden of the East already.

I ordered a TV for a family member from Futureshop and I'm worried they won't have enough to fulfill my order. I called their scheduled delivery department and they said that the TV is 'backordered'. Well, it's a Samsung plasma, I don't know if there are even any new units in production. Here's hoping they have enough.

mdubs

Banned
What the... why is shipping so cheap for you?

Cyber Monday deal? I have no idea I was expecting to get dinged for more. I paid $10.70 in total because they also charge for tax instead of risking customs, on an item that small it's nice!

For anyone else interested they have Eden of the East the Complete Series for $8.99 USD along with the two movies for $9.47 USD each. http://www.funimation.com/shows/eden-of-the-east/products

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Cyber Monday deal? I have no idea I was expecting to get dinged for more. I paid $10.70 in total because they also charge for tax instead of risking customs, on an item that small it's nice!
Oh weird. If I have one set, it's cheap shipping. If I have two or more, it's like 30 bucks. Figures. lol

simpleton

OMg The Amazing Spider-Man 2 with Amazon Exclusive Jamie Foxx Electro Bust is on sale at Amazon.ca!!!

Try and contain yourself people!

asm-2-bd-se-e1398698248449.jpg

Wow what were they thinking lol!

Man, that thing is so creepy I kinda want it. It would look great beside my Dead Island limbless and headless bikini babe.

Joeku

Sorry, guess I thought it was more self-apparent than it was. During E3 Futureshop thought it would still be a full-priced ($64.99) game, so the "deal" was to get it for $46. Now that it's releasing at $44.99, I called them up to correct it. The lady on the phone seemed kind of new, but after I explained the situation she put me on hold, presumably checked with a colleague, then just applied a $20 discount to the game. It should have been a couple dollars less than that but at that point I didn't want to confuse her.

In short: if anyone has Captain Toad preordered on BB or FS, check to make sure you aren't paying more than MSRP for it.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Sooooo one of the Metro EB guy told my buddy that the Marth amiibo got discontinued. I'm leaning towards the EB guy being a liar but Nintendo also said they're not currently making any more of the gamecube adaptors so is there any truth to Marth or is he just really rare?

Googling isn't showing exact answers on the discontinued bit.

DaBoss

Sooooo one of the Metro EB guy told my buddy that the Marth amiibo got discontinued. I'm leaning towards the EB guy being a liar but Nintendo also said they're not currently making any more of the gamecube adaptors so is there any truth to Marth or is he just really rare?

Some characters will have a limited run while others will have more produced. I imagine Marth being one of those characters with a limited run.

Jinto

Sorry, guess I thought it was more self-apparent than it was. During E3 Futureshop thought it would still be a full-priced ($64.99) game, so the "deal" was to get it for $46. Now that it's releasing at $44.99, I called them up to correct it. The lady on the phone seemed kind of new, but after I explained the situation she put me on hold, presumably checked with a colleague, then just applied a $20 discount to the game. It should have been a couple dollars less than that but at that point I didn't want to confuse her.

In short: if anyone has Captain Toad preordered on BB or FS, check to make sure you aren't paying more than MSRP for it.

I just cancelled Captain Toad from BB, since I got it cheaper at FS. I probably should have tried what you did first.

Canon

Banned

I did try that and they FUCKED me over.

Well I don't really care that much, but it was mildly annoying. I just cancelled it.

Sora_N

Metrotown? Lol they are so busy they would probably lie to just get people to stop asking.

They might restock Marth again sometime, it's pretty unlikely that they won't.

I'm not sure about the adapters, I hope they restock too.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Some characters will have a limited run while others will have more produced. I imagine Marth being one of those characters with a limited run.

Metrotown? Lol they are so busy they would probably lie to just get people to stop asking.

They might restock Marth again sometime, it's pretty unlikely that they won't.

I'm not sure about the adapters, I hope they restock too.

Thanks guys, I kinda figured there was misinformation being passed around and I explained that Marth is probably just a rare one in this batch.

Metrotown EB is strange at times, I did remember one time an EB games girl swear up and down that Ellen Page was in Last of Us...

Sora_N

Thanks guys, I kinda figured there was misinformation being passed around and I explained that Marth is probably just a rare one in this batch.

Metrotown EB is strange at times, I did remember one time an EB games girl swear up and down that Ellen Page was in Last of Us...

One of the girls that used to work at Metrotown got really mad at me when I kept returning Skylanders, and gave me attitude each time I went there lol.

She was pretty good until that happened, I don't expect much from EB employees anymore but generally the Metrotown people are alright but I think one of the guys that works there must hate it since he looks so damn tired all the time.

zroid

Banned
I got the microSD I ordered from wal-mart. Indeed, there is no adapter packed in. It does however work with my old non-HC adapter, so fair enough!

stn

FYI - EB Games is selling Splinter Cell: Blacklist for $4.99. Not sure if there's still stock but I greatly recommend it. Very good stealth game.

Madness

Damn, you guys are right. Should've checked before asking. Source, Dell, Amazon.ca, Best Buy and Future Shop have 12 months live for $39 right now.

Lexxism

I got the microSD I ordered from wal-mart. Indeed, there is no adapter packed in. It does however work with my old non-HC adapter, so fair enough!

Speaking of micro sd, I checked my tracking # and it says that the item was successfully delivered. Yet, no one knocked or placed the order at our mailbox. Am I fuck? The hell.

i-Lo

nothing looks off to me

I know 39.99 + taxes by heart and it's 44.79. They charged me that amount. Am I missing something?

I just ordered another from FS a few minutes ago and it's bereft of additional taxes. I paid $39.99 flat. I'll be returning the one from Source once I receive it.

ohlawd

I just ordered another from FS a few minutes ago and it's bereft of additional taxes. I paid $39.99 flat. I'll be returning the one from Source once I receive it.

oh shit, I see.

fuuuuck you're right lol

welp, will do the same then

Top Bottom