• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Best Buy has an Xbox One(Standard Edition) bundle with either COD: Ghosts or Lego for $499.

I still prefer the Titanfall bundle because Ghosts is pretty cheap right now.

EDIT: Pic and link.

B0002963.jpg

Xbox One 500GB Console Standard Edition With Call of Duty: Ghosts

Hyunkel6

So, my Titanfall preorder has not shipped from Dell yet, and customer service has no idea when it will. Can I buy the game at my local target and then return the Dell copy to Target once I receive it?

I seem to remember reading that this does not work anymore. Thanks!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Is there any place to get that chromecast at a physical store or is it only amazon and the play store for canada for now?

pestul

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but all PC games are on clearance at Target stores in Canada but YMMV. I just picked up the PC Rocksmith 2014 DVD for $55.99 with the cable and there two more copies left (St. John's, NL store ~1hr ago). I saw at least 5 copies of Crysis 3 for $13. Bioshock Infinite was there as well as COD:G for pretty good slashes too. BF3 but no BF4.

I asked the clerk and he told me that they just clearing out stock but not discontinuing sales of PC games.

suikodan

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but all PC games are on at clearance at Target stores in Canada but YMMV. I just picked up the PC Rocksmith 2014 DVD for $55.99 with the cable and there two more copies left (St. John's, NL store ~1hr ago). I saw at least 5 copies of Crysis 3 for $13. Bioshock Infinite was there as well as COD:G for pretty good slashes too. BF3 but no BF4.

I asked the clerk and he told me that they just clearing out stock but not discontinuing sales of PC games.

I would be surprised if Titanfall would make the list.

I'll check later at St-Dorothee's store.

So I'm leaning towards these two TVs.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=d305b5b7d3863277d98ac6ee9111f23fen02

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...9635388517b5c348e153bc5en02&SearchPageIndex=1

Which one would be the best choice?

The Sony one isn't a SMART tv but I'll probably get a chromecast for that if I decide on the SONY.

Just a head's up that the sony one is a clearance tv so it's likely not going to be available (still might be though but it's showing nothing in my city at least). But the samsung one is a good pick especially for the price right now, I know two people that bought it and they haven't had any complaints, but it is an older model so something better might be coming out soon. Just make sure to adjust the setting and turn off trumotion plus or whatever they're calling it now so everything doesn't look like a soap opera.

UberTag

Those two games outsold the PS4 versions? News to me, source please?
The XB1 SKU of Ghosts has been consistently outselling the PS4 version in NPD charts since December so that's not a stat pulled out of thin air.

There are two LEGO games out on both systems (The LEGO Movie and Marvel Super Heroes) so I can't speak for whichever one Best Buy is bundling in with their deal.

this might sound stupid, but i just realized you can borrow games from the library!

haven't used my card for 7 years now. went to library earlier to renew it and get some richard dawkins books plus other science books, then grabbed nfs rivals, mgs collection, kh 1.5 remix and puppeteer!

will put gta5 on hold. :)

i-Jest

this might sound stupid, but i just realized you can borrow games from the library!

haven't used my card for 7 years now. went to library earlier to renew it and get some richard dawkins books plus other science books, then grabbed nfs rivals, mgs collection, kh 1.5 remix and puppeteer!

I never knew you could rent games from the library.

-Deimos

Which library?

Sora_N

They do have them but often get taken out. I tried Sonic Generations, 3D dot heroes and Rayman Origins a 2 years ago.

I got mine from Vancouver Central its in the kids section downstairs

iphys

Depends on where you live. We don't have games, but I've been borrowing DVDs for close to 6 years now and must have seen like 1000 movies and several dozen TV seasons, which is nice since I don't have cable.

Depends on where you live. We don't have games, but I've been borrowing DVDs for close to 6 years now and must have seen like 1000 movies and several dozen TV seasons, which is nice since I don't have cable.

wow that sucks. as i was browsing the website, they even have ps4 games. of course, infamous second son, battlefield 4, ac4, knack, killzone, etc. were unavailable, but at least it has everything even freaking dying light.

poor nba live 14 ps4 is available. :(

Seville

What was wrong with the Insignia for $300?

Honestly I don't know much about insiginia as a brand and don't know how long it will last and whatnot. Want to get a 'decent' TV that's going to last me and not crap out. Also, doesn't look like it has a game mode, which I did say previously was not a concern, but I probably will get a PS4 or something similar within the next year or two. Unless anyone has any other opinions about this insignia? :

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=a3ae291f0eab13251bb4e8aa32523178en02

firehawk12

Subete no aware
SDM has their mega redemption this weekend. I'm thinking of grabbing the Xbone, but they seem to only have the old launch consoles at the store I go to. I probably should wait and hope that bundle at the next event, but I think it's probably not going to happen.

Aaaaand just got one of those 20% emails for this Friday.

Anyone know if you can use a coupon AND use points in the same transaction?

SDM has their mega redemption this weekend. I'm thinking of grabbing the Xbone, but they seem to only have the old launch consoles at the store I go to. I probably should wait and hope that bundle at the next event, but I think it's probably not going to happen.

Aaaaand just got one of those 20% emails for this Friday.

Anyone know if you can use a coupon AND use points in the same transaction?

If the amount you pay after redemption meets the coupon requirements, then yes.

I thought you can't buy giftcards with points though?

Probably means buying SDM gift cards to double dip on points.

Top Bottom