• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Returners

You bring the game that you wish to buy to the cashier and you pay for it with money, in the form of a card, bills or change. The games come in a box, sometimes there is a booklet in the box, sometimes not. There is always a disc or a cartridge, though! You can put it in your console and play the game. You might also pay ~5$ less than at a retail store, but their selection of games is limited. You also need to exit the store once you are done if you wish to get home, same principle as you would find if you end up in a EbGames or a Futureshop.

=)

really?... smh

I'm asking how limited it is. I remember a while back (6 months?) It wasn't as barren as it is now.

really?... smh

I'm asking how limited it is. I remember a while back (6 months?) It wasn't as barren as it is now.

You asked for impressions on buying games from Costco. Just made an "extra funny" joke about it, no need to shake your head! =)

Mine is still not so bad. I remember them having a few crazy deals way better than 5$ off a while back, maybe it was a sign of them starting to lower what they carry? They still have occasional very surprising deals, always worth to stop by the games when you have to go there. No hard feelings?

Conceptor

There's still a Knack PS4 at my SDM (Mississauga) someone could get during 20x for lots of points!! IIRC it still scans up at 449 but I haven't checked in a week or so lol

Kazerei

Banned
Some Mario merchandise is on sale at Toys R Us. Mostly figures and plushies, but also the Ride-On Kart for toddlers.

rLWhhd3.jpg
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=28946026

Joeku

So it seems Target is putting almost all of their PC stuff on clearance at 50% off. No biggie cause almost all there is is Sims and Actiblizzion stuff, but that also means that WoW game cards are 14.99 for anyone still playing that. I just picked up Pandaria and a couple of those for $40 to burn away the summer and re-burn myself out on Warcraft. They made not have put stickers or tags on the shelves, so ask a team member to check the prices.

Before you ask, no, Reaper of Souls is not one of the 50% off games.

Luigi87

So it seems Target is putting almost all of their PC stuff on clearance at 50% off. No biggie cause almost all there is is Sims and Actiblizzion stuff, but that also means that WoW game cards are 14.99 for anyone still playing that. I just picked up Pandaria and a couple of those for $40 to burn away the summer and re-burn myself out on Warcraft. They made not have put stickers or tags on the shelves, so ask a team member to check the prices.

Before you ask, no, Reaper of Souls is not one of the 50% off games.

My store I work at still has plenty of PC games (Such as BioInf, FFXIV, one of the Battlefields, Kingdoms of Amalur, etc) on clearance.
Today was 50%, but given time, they'll eventually hit 70% (probably two weeks).

Luigi87

Target won't do price protection on items already purchased on Clearance. Policy is required to do a return, and make a new purchase on a product that is still on the shelf.

Joeku

That is the case for mine as well, yeah.

EDIT: And when I say almost all Sims and Activision-Blizzard, I mean in relevancy. There's certainly older titles from other companies but even at 50% off those can be had for less online on Steam and GMG and such. FFXIV may be the exception. Company of Heroes II is $15, as well, so maybe that. But hey, Summer Sale's coming up in Steam.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The dual audio patch is 10GB

I'd wager a guess and say the DLC is probably gonna be an exclusive.

Size of the DLC source. http://www.push-start.co.uk/all/plat...tion-revealed/

It's probable because Drakengard 3 uses the FF13 way of handling "in-game" cutscenes, where the majority of the files are video files.

Yeah, with LR they just let anyone download the file, but with D3 they made it sound like the code would only come with the game if you bought it from them. Hopefully they just sell it on its own I suppose.

Xenoflare

Yeah, with LR they just let anyone download the file, but with D3 they made it sound like the code would only come with the game if you bought it from them. Hopefully they just sell it on its own I suppose.

I've never seen a 10GB DLC before, and this is not an expansion pack we are talking about, it's just Japanese voice audio

I don't know if Sony has any limitations of sizes of different kinds of DLCs...

But that would make the game over 20GB, the original Japanese release is 14.5GB,

The disc version's load time is abysmal, so I'm planning to get it on PSN, it's also cheaper that way for me since PSN won't charge me tax, but looks like I'll be ditching the DLC even if it becomes available, I don't have that much space left on my HDD.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Soul Hackers then. I hope 1st person dungeon crawling and battles aren't turn offs. It's the easiest of the two but IV is the better game. Still, SH is a good game.

Fully agree with this. But just get both! They are both really incredible.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've never seen a 10GB DLC before, and this is not an expansion pack we are talking about, it's just Japanese voice audio

I don't know if Sony has any limitations of sizes of different kinds of DLCs...

But that would make the game over 20GB, the original Japanese release is 14.5GB,

The disc version's load time is abysmal, so I'm planning to get it on PSN, it's also cheaper that way for me since PSN won't charge me tax, but looks like I'll be ditching the DLC even if it becomes available, I don't have that much space left on my HDD.

The LR DLC was 4-5 gigs. Who knows. lol

Although I realize that I'm basically out of HDD space myself...

Whining alert:

Does anybody still remember those days when we waited for FS/BB flyers every week to see what kind of deals we're gonna have for the next week? I remember I went for months getting new games almost every week thanks to the trade in offers even games I didn't seriously want! We got even to the point where we got a new "trade in for hardware" offer every week (PS3, 360, 3DS and even iPod touch).
Excuse my whining but I just felt bad by the look of this thread!

zroid

Banned
Whining alert:

Does anybody still remember those days when we waited for FS/BB flyers every week to see what kind of deals we're gonna have for the next week? I remember I went for months getting new games almost every week thanks to the trade in offers even games I didn't seriously want! We got even to the point where we got a new "trade in for hardware" offer every week (PS3, 360, 3DS and even iPod touch).

I still flip through my flyers when I get them on Thursdays out of habit, but there's never anything worth a second glance :/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just saw this old thread from RFD about signing up for the former ING Direct (now Tangerine, since they are now part of Scotiabank) to get what is essentially a free 100 bucks.

Assuming you have 500 bucks lying around not doing anything, it seems like a quick way to get a hundred bucks (and perhaps have a new bank if you're looking for a no free service).
http://www.tangerine.ca/en/landing-page/bonus150/index.html

It's 50 bucks for opening a savings account, 50 bucks for opening a chequing account, and 50 bucks if you're willing to move over your pay deposits to their chequing.

(There's also a referral key that can nab you 25 bucks extra, but I'm not going to post my code for obvious reasons. If you do end up signing up for it and want a code, feel free to PM me, otherwise LOTS of people on RFD are also offering lol).

Does Future shop still even do trade in deals?
They haven't done a Trade 2 in ages.

Sora_N

Whining alert:

I still flip through my flyers when I get them on Thursdays out of habit, but there's never anything worth a second glance :/

Lol those were the days

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is the industry somehow discouraging retailers from contributing to the secondary market for games? With all the talk of anti-piracy and anti-used game measures that were all the hype before we hit current gen, I wouldn't be surprised.
Whether or not FS/BB lost money on that "trade anything for a new game" deal or not is something to think about I suppose. Gamestop seems to be doing just fine.

Top Bottom