• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Jachaos

It was 20 and 18 in London on Saturday and Sunday, Yesterday was like 17, and today, -4 and snowing. Ugh.

Yeah, just posted a picture of the last few hours. Temperature felt is now -8 apparently. To think people were walking around in T-shirts and light vests this morning.

iphys

Whining alert:

Does anybody still remember those days when we waited for FS/BB flyers every week to see what kind of deals we're gonna have for the next week? I remember I went for months getting new games almost every week thanks to the trade in offers even games I didn't seriously want! We got even to the point where we got a new "trade in for hardware" offer every week (PS3, 360, 3DS and even iPod touch).
Excuse my whining but I just felt bad by the look of this thread!

I think FS/BB were offering better deals when BB was still relatively new in Canada just to get everyone hooked shopping there: I honestly felt like they were losing money and would give up offering those deals eventually, so we can't be too surprised. I hope they still offer us something good for E3 at least though.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Anyone here affected by the power outages happening?

My cousin had to come over to finish baking something because her power went out mid bake.

i-Jest

Anyone here affected by the power outages happening?

My cousin had to come over to finish baking something because her power went out mid bake.

I was. Just got it back maybe 20 minutes ago. I think it was city wide except for the downtown core. Is this another indication to upgrade our power grid among other infrastructure? Probably.

ohlawd

That's their standard price IIRC. It's just not worth it as much because of the exchange rate nowadays. Like Costco will sometimes sell memberships for the same price.
can't shop at Costco D:

never paid attention to XBL deals before so iunno if they go on sale often at different places or not. If the deals don't touch 45 anyway, I don't mind taking the rate hit.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
can't shop at Costco D:

never paid attention to XBL deals before so iunno if they go on sale often at different places or not. If the deals don't touch 45 anyway, I don't mind taking the rate hit.
I tried earlier but got my order cancelled. Seems so random. :(

What is the difference between Tomb Raider (PS3), Tomb Raider GOTY Edition (PS3) and Tomb Raider Definite Edition (PS4)? Is it worth the extra $30? And is it likely to go on sale anytime soon?

Sora_N

What is the difference between Tomb Raider (PS3), Tomb Raider GOTY Edition (PS3) and Tomb Raider Definite Edition (PS4)? Is it worth the extra $30? And is it likely to go on sale anytime soon?

PS4 has slightly improved graphics. It was 29.99 or 39.99 not too long ago so you should wait.

LakeEarth

I'll wait for injustice to take a permanent price cut before purchase. I'm in no hurry to cop it for my PS4 Library.

Agreed. A few months back it was on sale for $25 on PSN, and even though I knew it was temporary I thought it was a sign of price cuts to come (and I always rather have the physical copy). Boy was I wrong.

I think FS/BB were offering better deals when BB was still relatively new in Canada just to get everyone hooked shopping there: I honestly felt like they were losing money and would give up offering those deals eventually, so we can't be too surprised. I hope they still offer us something good for E3 at least though.

Yeah, the FS flyer has been a joke so far in 2014, at least as far as games go. NHL 14 was on the front page this week! Wtf?

It all changed once they did that insane BF4/CoD/AC4 deal last year. Ever since, there hasn't really been any noteworthy trade deals.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Maybe they'll sell the PS3 version again for 10 bucks sometime down the line.

Also, I just got my 25 dollar credit from Tangerine and I expect my other 100 dollars to come in after a couple of weeks. They really want people to sign up... but what I don't get is, why doesn't Scotiabank just offer no fee banking itself? Seems crazy to buy ING direct just to have an off brand that undercuts your main business. Then again, after Rogers bought Fido, most of Fido's good plans disappeared and they just became Rogers-lite.

Random question, if I wanted to buy an Android phone strictly to use as an MP3 player/ipod touch-like device, which one should I get and what are some cheap options?

If it says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca" then yes. They will price match Amazon.ca but not third party sellers.

No, I've done it many times with third party sellers, most third parties charge shipping and Future Shop will charge you the shipping cost.

I just did it with Titanfall for Xbox One, sold by Chapet, $44.99, they didn't notice the shipping so I paid only $49 for it with tax. Nice!

So Nintendo is cutting the price for some of the best 3DS games starting next week both retail and digital, not sure if we will have to pay more the US for them!

Beginning April 22, Nintendo 3DS owners can snag Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario 3D Land at this new discounted price both at retail and as downloadable titles through the 3DS eShop.

Source

iphys

If anyone's interested, Newegg's got the Luigi Darkmoon 3DS bundle on sale for $129.99: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868100146

They've got other things on sale as well.

That's basically a 3DS for $90 if you value Luigi's Mansion at $40.

Mario and Luigi XL bundle for $150 is also a good deal, although the game is vastly inferior to Luigi's Mansion:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868100151

You can also get a small cash back from greatcanadianrebates.ca.

i-Jest

That's basically a 3DS for $90 if you value Luigi's Mansion at $40.

Mario and Luigi XL bundle for $150 is also a good deal, although the game is vastly inferior to Luigi's Mansion:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868100151

You can also get a small cash back from greatcanadianrebates.ca.

2.25% off Newegg purchases from Great Canadian Deals. Here I was continuing to us E-bates like a sucker. Their 1.25% pales in comparison. Never again Ebates....

Lexxism

Booo Newegg. They aren't charging any shipping fee for those games/consoles yet they charge for PC parts :(

edit: Woah. 15% cashback for shop.ca. Perfect place to buy MLB.

Noticed something strange and I was hoping some other people can help clarify on this since the store is closed now at this hour. So it looks like a few Futureshop in Toronto are listing Demon Gaze for the Vita as 'In Stock' now even though the game releases next Tuesday. Yesterday it was the Futureshop in Scarborough and the Old Mill Yard near Keele and St Claire. Just a few hours ago the Scarborough West and Weston locations listed it, and it looks like Yonge & Eglinton just listed it. But now it looks like the game is out of stock at Keele and St Claire?

I might go ask myself tomorrow since I live close to the Y&E location and taking the train to the Yonge & Dundas location isn't too much trouble for me... I'm only doing this cause it's a long weekend and I want to know if someone fucked up and is selling the game early by accident. Futureshop pls you're playing with my heart

kIuRRtG.png

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Is PS4 is readily available supply? I reserved at both a Future Shop and Best Buy nearby and Infamous: Second Son, but they've only reserved Infamous: Second Son -- I don't want to make an unnecessary trip and be disappointed lol.

LakeEarth

Is PS4 is readily available supply? I reserved at both a Future Shop and Best Buy nearby and Infamous: Second Son, but they've only reserved Infamous: Second Son -- I don't want to make an unnecessary trip and be disappointed lol.

I've been seeing them in a wild a TON more since the $50 price hike. I'm in London ON.

Top Bottom