• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

jackharm

Neo Member
Well, I ended up getting the package again after an apparent change of delivery (which I can only assume Namco did). There was a reprinted shipping label and another label saying that the C.O.D. was pulled.

It may have taken awhile, and it may have been a bit beaten up, but given that everything was in perfect condition inside the retail box I find this acceptable (also the t-shirt is pretty cool).

Next time, I think I may not be so hasty in pre-ordering and just wait for Amazon.ca or a local retailer to (hopefully) carry any possible game releases I want from NamcoBandai (or just ship it to this post office across the border which is close to where I live since I now know their orders are from the US . . . that is if it's a store exclusive).

Rbk_3

Hey guys, I'm looking at internet again. (Sorry to bring this up)

Between Electronic Box, CIK Tel, VMedia and Start, does anyone have any experience with those internets?

I'm sort of looking when Rogers Internet is so damn expensive and my friends say DSL sucks for Toronto Downtown.

As I said yesterday, I have VMedia and I love it. I get 45dl 4ul unlimited for $50 a month and I am always getting that speed. You can get 25/2 for $35 a month I believe. Their TV isn't the best, but the internet is excellent.

Fuck Robbers, don't even think of going with them. Pretty sure VMedia buys bandwidth from Rogers anyway.

Luigi87

Lizardus

Not gaming, but Amazon.ca has almost all of the DC Animated Universe on sale.

There are also a ton of other sales going on (IE: Tenth Anniversary of Powerpuff Girls for $20)

Awww shit.

mahnigga.jpg

EDIT: I am assuming rest of those aren't out on Blu-Ray yet?

Maximus.

There are also a ton of other sales going on (IE: Tenth Anniversary of Powerpuff Girls for $20)

Wow thanks for that, really good deals.

Lexxism

Ordered the $175 Vita Slim from thesource. I think I have 30 days to return it. Hopefully I can decide if I want it or not lol

Lexxism

Is this your first Vita?

Grab Ys and DanganRonpa, then you'll see it's worth it.

Yeah. Already bought Ys from the golden week sale. I'm actually thinking if I should just import to get a different colour or just sell this one to my friend. In the end, I'll have a vita anyway.

Yeah. Already bought Ys from the golden week sale. I'm actually thinking if I should just import to get a different colour or just sell this one to my friend. In the end, I'll have a vita anyway.
Yeah, Vitas are pretty boss. I think having a Vita and a 3DS are the best bets right now in terms of quality content.

Also, DanganRonpa is a MUST for Vita owners, especially if you enjoy any sort of VN/adventure game style content. I'm jonesing so hard for the second game in the series right now, it's not even funny.

Lexxism

anyone know the best type of rechargeable AA batteries i can buy?

Eneloop? Dell has this on sale for like $25-$30. Try waiting if they will put this on sale again.
Yeah, Vitas are pretty boss. I think having a Vita and a 3DS are the best bets right now in terms of quality content.

Also, DanganRonpa is a MUST for Vita owners, especially if you enjoy any sort of VN/adventure game style content. I'm jonesing so hard for the second game in the series right now, it's not even funny.

Yeah, I'll buy one someday if it will get cheaper. Even my friend wants one but he will wait for the sale too :lol

Zing

Banned
As I said yesterday, I have VMedia and I love it. I get 45dl 4ul unlimited for $50 a month and I am always getting that speed. You can get 25/2 for $35 a month I believe. Their TV isn't the best, but the internet is excellent.

Fuck Robbers, don't even think of going with them. Pretty sure VMedia buys bandwidth from Rogers anyway.
All the cable internet companies are just Rogers resellers. They still offer better service and bandwidth packages, though. It's all standardized, so it doesn't matter which company you pick really.

I have Teksavvy. I've used both their 45/4 and 25/2 packages and they worked perfectly.

ElNino

Awesome, thanks for posting.

We have a couple trips planned this year so I picked up the Superman TAS, Batman Beyond and Justice League Unlimited sets for my sons to watch in the van. Should make the drives a bit more enjoyable for them... and me if it keeps them occupied.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

What's wrong with the TV side?

Is it the picture quality or the service?

Parapraxis

Did you pick up Persona 4 Golden as well?

My first Persona game and it's awesome.

Gah, this is a great deal!!! Ugh, let me go and get my wallet...

Riptwo

I almost jumped on the Batman: TAS deal last night, but I'm glad I waited since they added a bunch of it to Netflix this morning. I can continue holding out for a Blu-ray release!

Megasoum

Banned

FYI Batman: TAS was added to Netflix Canada this morning...along with Fresh Prince, West Wing and Veronica Mars.... Great day for Netflix Canada!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Yeah, got those games during golden week. Still undecided if I should go to import or not. I'm gonna save like $50 + applicable custom fees.
I was thinking of importing, but I think the circle/cross swap and increased cost would bug me more than having a black console.

I always put a single colour decal (decalgirl) on the rear touchpad anyway, so it isn't like it'll be boring. I'll probably go with blue or yellow this time around.

Luigi87

FYI Batman: TAS was added to Netflix Canada this morning...along with Fresh Prince, West Wing and Veronica Mars.... Great day for Netflix Canada!
Veronica Mars was added? Awesome. I was talking to a friend just last week about how I wanted to watch the series, but it wasn't on Netflix.

teeg

Is there any online resources that lists the new additions and subtractions from Netflix? Or do I just have to login to Netflix and hope I see something new?

Those are some decent deals.

Ordered the $175 Vita Slim from thesource. I think I have 30 days to return it. Hopefully I can decide if I want it or not lol

I thought Source's return policy is kinda a mess to deal with.

Eneloop? Dell has this on sale for like $25-$30. Try waiting if they will put this on sale again.

Yeah, I'll buy one someday if it will get cheaper. Even my friend wants one but he will wait for the sale too :lol

Seconding this. Eneloops are the best rechargables I have ever used. They have such a slow discharge rate.

I'm voting for Eneloops as well. I bought 8AA's in 2009 and they are still kicking in my Xbox One controllers, mouse and my toothbrush.

zroid

Banned
hmm I got a coupon code for $15 off a $30 purchase at shop.ca

Not sure what to get... it's too bad they don't have Mario Golf

Dr.brain64

Should i buy the ps3 the last of us bundle with the source $25 rebate = $288 with tax OR wait after e3 for maybe some rebates? I already have a vita btw!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Maybe they'll announce one more redesign but with backwards compatibility this time ;)

laughter.gif

Even though you're joking, that's right up there with people asking about Vita memory card sales.

Top Bottom