• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Tagg9

I'm talking about in canada where sales of ps4 slowed when the price increased and xbox overtook as a result of the bundle. The price tag does make a difference because right now both boxes are largely offering the same games so the price becomes a factor to casual consumers.

Xbox One has been outselling PS4 in Canada? Says who?

i-Jest

I have a feeling for Canada Sony would do a pack-in now at 449. Dropping the price back to 399 will piss off people who bought it at 449.

m$ is gonna piss more people off who bought the XB1 at $500

Price drops were going to come eventually. If not within the coming months then effective come console revision. Some people just aren't patient enough to wait. Some just don't care as long as they have the console.

MS is doing what Sony did last-gen. Arrogant at doing well in the previous gen, they offered a more expensive product with more features without the software lineup to match. Of course the general public looks at price and games. With low sales, they had to do something drastic.

They still could have started off strong if Kinect wasn't mandatory. They could have matched Sony at launch, price for price. But again, launch titles influence decision making and PS4 had a stronger line up. Indie titles were a great justifier as well. Bad management makes a huge difference.

price is the least of microsoft worries. They barely sold at 449 with titanfall. They need to announce better software and until they do that this price drop won't make much difference.

The Titan Fall bundle did that poorly?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think y'all are really overstating the discrepancy in software; I think the X1 easily has the better lineup of software as of right now. The problem is in perception and policy, which MS has earned. And a discrepancy in power that has been widely publicized.

I'm talking about in canada where sales of ps4 slowed when the price increased and xbox overtook as a result of the bundle. The price tag does make a difference because right now both boxes are largely offering the same games so the price becomes a factor to casual consumers.
There are Canadian NPD charts?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Canadian sales of the PlayStation 4 only slowed down when they were holding back stock before the price increase.

Returners

I think y'all are really overstating the discrepancy in software; I think the X1 easily has the better lineup of software as of right now. The problem is in perception and policy, which MS has earned. And a discrepancy in power that has been widely publicized.

To each their own I guess. E3 is when it gets real for both of the console manufacturers.

Canada-GAF collectors in the Toronto area, I'm selling Club Nintendo Mario Badge set (2011 Platinum reward) as well as the "Art of Video Games: From Pac-Man to Mass Effect" coffee table book that was released alongside the Smithsonian Museum exhibit. PM me.

krae_man

Xbox One has been outselling PS4 in Canada? Says who?

Well Sony shipped practically nothing to Canada from December-April because the exchange rate crapped out and it took them forever to decide to increase the price. It's not hard to outsell zero.

Kazerei

Banned
I wanna get a vita. Is it possible to get the new one for less than 199.99?

The original model is on clearance for $179.97 at Staples, if you can find one. I just snapped this pic at the store in Waterloo, north of Conestoga Mall. There were two empty boxes on the shelf; not sure if that is exact stock. They also had an 8GB memory card for $19.97.

qra7iFq.jpg

But you might as well just buy the Borderlands 2 bundle for $199.99. It comes with an 8GB memory card and you can just sell the game voucher if you don't want it.

Tik-Tok

The original model is on clearance for $179.97 at Staples, if you can find one. I just snapped this pic at the store in Waterloo, north of Conestoga Mall. There were two empty boxes on the shelf; not sure if that is exact stock. They also had an 8GB memory card for $19.97.

But you might as well just buy the Borderlands 2 bundle for $199.99. It comes with an 8GB memory card and you can just sell the game voucher if you don't want it.

Yeah I saw one at Kitchener staples. I think at this point I'd rather get the new one.

I might go pick up on since I'm kinda bored at home. Anyone wanna buy the Borderlands code if I go get one?

UberTag

Well Sony shipped practically nothing to Canada from December-April because the exchange rate crapped out and it took them forever to decide to increase the price. It's not hard to outsell zero.
When the PS4 launched on November 15th, 2013, the Canadian dollar was valued at 96 cents US.
Today it's valued at 92 cents US.

4 cents = exchange rate crapping out?

When the PS4 launched on November 15th, 2013, the Canadian dollar was valued at 96 cents US.
Today it's valued at 92 cents US.

4 cents = exchange rate crapping out?

I know, besides the $10 hike in video games!
Sometimes I feel like some people can't get over the fact that Sony is leading this gen so far, PS4s have been constantly shipped to Canada and sold within hours, Sony started saturating the US market then they turned to Canada afterwards and of course the price hike gave them more reason to do so! Xbones are not selling well at all, brand new sealed consoles are on sale for $400-430 on Kijiji and nobody is buying, some of them come with a game! for $350 I got a very lightly used Xbone, extra controller and a physical copy of Titanfall! At the same time a friend of mine offered his used PS4 for $350 and got offers within minutes!

i-Jest

Papa needs some Vita memory card sales. Someone deliver as soon as possible, thanks.

When pigs fly....If you've got a retailer gift card then that's the closest your getting to a discount. Sony made a dick move with propriety memory cards. To make them relatively expensive does not help Vita's sales in the least.

Anyone have an extra Kirby: Return to Dreamland manual? lol

I found a used copy at a Ebgames but it had no manual with it. It was $39.99 but that's still cheaper than some of the prices I'm seeing online lately for it.

But seriously, I really don't get why people just never seem to trade in games without a manual inside. This is the 4th or 5th game in a row that I've picked up which the manual was M.I.A.

Anyone have an extra Kirby: Return to Dreamland manual? lol

I found a used copy at a Ebgames but it had no manual with it. It was $39.99 but that's still cheaper than some of the prices I'm seeing online lately for it.

But seriously, I really don't get why people just never seem to trade in games without a manual inside. This is the 4th or 5th game in a row that I've picked up which the manual was M.I.A.

It probably did get traded in with a manual. A manual covered in cheetos dust or water stains or other unspeakable horrors. I have a couple of used games from Blockbuster that have manuals in them I never want to touch. It permanently put me off buying used games (well, that and the crappy $5 discount versus buying new).

It probably did get traded in with a manual. A manual covered in cheetos dust or water stains or other unspeakable horrors. I have a couple of used games from Blockbuster that have manuals in them I never want to touch. It permanently put me off buying used games (well, that and the crappy $5 discount versus buying new).

That or the employee took it home to play and left it at home

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I asked before but no one took it, anyone want Borderlands 2 for Vita? I'm asking for $25, I'm not planning on playing it.

I asked before but no one took it, anyone want Borderlands 2 for Vita? I'm asking for $25, I'm not planning on playing it.

I'm definitely interested, I'll shoot you a PM

Any XBL gold deal going on? I'm trying to buy a couple of cards before buying the console in june.

I'd recommend crazygametime.com

I've ordered from them a lot, and $40-ish for 12 months of gold is a good deal. Just remember to message them asap if your code isn't working. I've only had one code not work out of a dozen or so orders, and they won't offer a refund for your code if you miss the deadline (according to the site policy).

Papa needs some Vita memory card sales. Someone deliver as soon as possible, thanks.

I've had a really hard time getting Vita memory cards in Vancouver, Craigslist is pretty much dry. I would recommend ordering a 64GB card off Ebay. I have one ordered from China for $106+free shipping. I'm still waiting for it to arrive, but I'll let you know if it does.

My friend has a Japanese 64GB card, and it works fine on a Canadian Vita. Having that extra space would be amazing.

jet1911

I'd recommend crazygametime.com

I've ordered from them a lot, and $40-ish for 12 months of gold is a good deal. Just remember to message them asap if your code isn't working. I've only had one code not work out of a dozen or so orders, and they won't offer a refund for your code if you miss the deadline (according to the site policy).

Thanks!

koopas

I've never heard of this site. Is it good?

(Review by Michael for PS VITA  PSVITA - Memory Card 64GB Japan Version) (219.203.8.***)Works great and very cheaper. Once I was landing this website , I didn't want to get down ! I wish I can carry all products in breast and take them home! 
[ 2014-01-19 ]

Says it all really.

ohlawd

I can resist. No, I WILL resist. Nope nope nope nope. I will let those PS1/PSP games stay in my download list. The sweet spot for me really is 1 gig per dollar :(

Top Bottom