• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

suikodan

I've had a really hard time getting Vita memory cards in Vancouver, Craigslist is pretty much dry. I would recommend ordering a 64GB card off Ebay. I have one ordered from China for $106+free shipping. I'm still waiting for it to arrive, but I'll let you know if it does.

My friend has a Japanese 64GB card, and it works fine on a Canadian Vita. Having that extra space would be amazing.

That's funny, I just got one from Amazon.ca for 125$ shipping included (the average price for that card that I see online, including Ebay) and the sale was fulfilled by Amazon meaning that they have some in stock in Canada.

And it works like a charm on my Vita. :D

Kalren

I've never heard of this site. Is it good?

It's funny this topic came up. I just received 2 64GB Vita memory cards today from them. I picked them up at my local Canada Post this evening. I'm currently restoring my Vita backup. The price of the cards plus their cheapest air shopping option made it worth it.

(Review by Michael for PS VITA  PSVITA - Memory Card 64GB Japan Version) (219.203.8.***)Works great and very cheaper. Once I was landing this website , I didn't want to get down ! I wish I can carry all products in breast and take them home! 
[ 2014-01-19 ]

Says it all really.

They are very good, so many shipping options and as I said I got a blue Dual Shock 4 for around $65 shipped which is awesome compared to eBay prices!
So many other people used them and nobody complains!

It's funny this topic came up. I just received 2 64GB Vita memory cards today from them. I picked them up at my local Canada Post this evening. I'm currently restoring my Vita backup. The price of the cards plus their cheapest air shopping option made it worth it.
Hmmm, thanks.

I think I'll probably be getting one quite soon then.

Lexxism

Someone posted that but I saw it for $48 last week. Unless it's changed since then, might only be at some stores

I think I read the $30 this week. So I guess there's a change? Also, Infamous 2nd son will be $50 this Friday on BB/FS and it's already 50 at Amazon now. Never mind, it was a 3rd party seller.

Socreges

Banned
Not gaming related but...

Any thoughts on RBC vs BMO? I know it's YMMV as with anything, but thought you guys might have some suggestions. Currently with BMO and considering transferring to RBC for the tablet offer IF it's otherwise advantageous. The GF is with RBC so that might be a decent reason to head over as well.

EDIT- I also like that RBC has an Android app...

i-Jest

With Vita dying, I assume those cards will become even more rare in the future.

Is production for them that limited?

don't tempt me man

If firehawk won't, I will.

Just look at that price. DEAL MAKER right there. Think of all the space you'll have. All the space you may never use but would like to have. No more eventual memory card swaps. All your digital download games AT THE READY.

ohlawd

ok good no one brought up that Vita hashtag. I hate seeing that. The one with 2014 in it

Jest, you mofo. You're absolutely right though. I can finally download all those games from dem sales and have something nice to stare at. Like shit, I just bought that Growlanser game earlier today and I refuse to download it because I don't wanna manage my data no more. This is some Adam and apple snake temptation up in here.

i-Jest

Man, I'm tempted to pull the trigger on a 64GB Vita card, but I know I should wait until E3.

Yes wait. At E3 it will be announced (for Europe) :p Then at TGS a 96GB version will be announced for Japan. We will be left out in the cold with these damn 8, 16, and 32GB options to choose from. Then Vita dies two years later and Sony wonders where they went wrong....

In all seriousness though, it does you no harm to wait. I doubt Superufo will run out of stock and if they do they they`ll restock eventually.

Also, anyone here with opening thread experience? I want to start a thread but need a second opinion. I fear the looming threat of perma-banned. PM me if you don't mind passing on some advice.

ohlawd

isn't the next step after 64 gigs the 128? :p

Also, anyone here with opening thread experience? I want to start a thread but need a second opinion. I fear the looming threat of perma-banned. PM me if you don't mind passing on some advice.

Worst thing that could happen to you is getting junior'd and losing thread making privileges. lol what are you gonna post? Some super nationalistic shit and death to all humans kinda thing? Making an OT for a game isn't gonna get you banned but if it reads like you've been paid off, iunno what's going to happen.

I've never started a thread, probably never but just think of it like a regular post. Have I adequately explained whatever it is I want to discuss? Can I get a well reasoned argument out of people? Will these fuckers even take my thread seriously? Million dollar question.

i-Jest

isn't the next step after 64 gigs the 128? :p

Worst thing that could happen to you is getting junior'd and losing thread making privileges. lol what are you gonna post? Some super nationalistic shit and death to all humans kinda thing? Making an OT for a game isn't gonna get you banned but if it reads like you've been paid off, iunno what's going to happen.

I've never started a thread, probably never but just think of it like a regular post. Have I adequately explained whatever it is I want to discuss? Can I get a well reasoned argument out of people? Will these fuckers even take my thread seriously? Million dollar question.

I don't pay attention to what sizes come after what so I'll take your word for it. I want to start a thread on games you want to see for the upcoming E3 and TGS events.

Precious few weeks until i give Future Shop all of my money on their E3 sale. It's going to be extra bad this year, with the prices going up. I'll be reordering anything and everything I'm mildly interested in. Whatever I don't want can be returned.

iphys

Phew, just got my new credit card in time for E3 -- was worried because my other one was expiring next month. One question: do I have to update the payment info for my old MK8 pre-order that has the June credit card expiry date now that I activated my new card, or should the order still go through just fine?

Dazzler

Does anyone know how Canadian customs work out the tax you have to pay for imports?

I just imported a pair of soccer boots that cost me $60 and I got hosed for $27 tax on them. That's WAY too much. Is there any avenue to challenge this?

It's not the first time I've got overcharged on an import and it's pretty annoying

amrod

Does anyone know how Canadian customs work out the tax you have to pay for imports?

I just imported a pair of soccer boots that cost me $60 and I got hosed for $27 tax on them. That's WAY too much. Is there any avenue to challenge this?

It's not the first time I've got overcharged on an import and it's pretty annoying

You used UPS didn't you?

Doel

Good question and I have no idea how they figure that out. I got the exact same, $27 in customs for a few health food items in a single box that was no larger than 6x4 inches.

You used UPS didn't you?
Yes for me. So guess that's the last time I ever use UPS.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

I had to pay almost $80 extra in import and duties to DHL for my Pebble watch. It's really stupid.

I think the sellers should warn of that beforehand, a lot do, but a lot don't.

therapist

Nope no idea , i just mark everything as gifts, if theres no option i put a happy birthday bro! note on it and it usually means i dont have to pay.

Only a few times has this not worked.

I dont think there is anything you can do about it unfortunately. THat is ludicrous, its half the price of the boots.

Ive had worse , on 35$ of skins from decalgirl.com ., we have 22$ of customs fees.
Fucking sad.

I had to pay almost $80 extra in import and duties to DHL for my Pebble watch. It's really stupid.

I think the sellers should warn of that beforehand, a lot do, but a lot don't.

I thought it was common knowledge that duties and customs exist. I don't get why sellers have to warn you about it. They don't have any direct control over what happens after they ship that box.

i-Jest

Phew, just got my new credit card in time for E3 -- was worried because my other one was expiring next month. One question: do I have to update the payment info for my old MK8 pre-order that has the June credit card expiry date now that I activated my new card, or should the order still go through just fine?

I think you'd have to call customer service of wherever your order originated. if you bought something from FS then call up customer service to address the issue.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

It should be 10 + tax on retail value stated on the package (or in the receipt if no value is given, at which point they open the package up and inspect it).

The back of the form Canada Custom's form (usually taped on the box) will have instructions to apply for a refund if they used the wrong value to assess for taxes.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I thought it was common knowledge that duties and customs exist. I don't get why sellers have to warn you about it. They don't have any direct control over what happens after they ship that box.

Because they don't exist if they're being shipped from within Canada?

I don't always know where the seller is shipping the item from.

Precious few weeks until i give Future Shop all of my money on their E3 sale. It's going to be extra bad this year, with the prices going up. I'll be reordering anything and everything I'm mildly interested in. Whatever I don't want can be returned.

Absolutely. Just place it all on the same order so in case if they bother you that you have to place an order of 3 games to get the discount, you aalways have a spare.

zroid

Banned
Regarding Shinovi Versus... the LE is the only retail release, right? So do we know for sure if the LE comes with a physical copy of the game or is it just the LE stuff + a download code?

ohlawd

Regarding Shinovi Versus... the LE is the only retail release, right? So do we know for sure if the LE comes with a physical copy of the game or is it just the LE stuff + a download code?

Gonna be a cart so rest easy.

http://forum.marvelous-usa.com/index.php?showtopic=27527&

From Wyrdwad
Q: Physical card in the "Let's Get Physical" edition, or voucher for a download copy?

A: Physical card. We wouldn't call it "Let's Get Physical" if it were just a download voucher. ;)

I hope they don't pull this shit with Senran Kagura 2. I want that to have a physical copy, even for standard editions.

joedick

There should be a place on the customs form on the package where you can note any errors they may have made. It might be on the back of the form after you tear it off.

I once bought a game online that was valued at a dollar, but they didn't see the decimal and charged tax on $100. I sent in the form along with a printout of the ebay page and got a full refund (even the extra fees on top of the taxes). It takes time though, be prepared to wait like 6 weeks.

ohlawd -

The Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus LE is available now on videogamesplus.ca:

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=21805

I'm still going to wait for Amazon/EBGames, although I do like the way VGP packages Limited Editions. They're always wrapped in bubblewrap inside of a sturdy box. Shipping is $9.99 because of it, but still...might be worth it to guarantee myself a non-damaged copy.

Yeah I saw it, but I'd rather wait for Amazon.ca if they're even gonna list it there. Muh free shipping

Top Bottom