• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

ohlawd

so since I've seen Canadian retailers advertising the new Xbox One without Kinect at $399, does that mean Sony will bring the PS4 back down to a reasonable $399 or are they seriously gonna leave it where it is???
Sony might leave it as is if sales for PS4 haven't slacked despite the price hike.

Razdek

Banned
Sony might leave it as is if sales for PS4 haven't slacked despite the price hike.

You can find PS4 everywhere nowadays. Crazy what a $50 increase can do to curb demand. The biggest rip off is the digital games getting jacked up to $69.99 as well.

i-Jest

You can find PS4 everywhere nowadays. Crazy what a $50 increase can do to curb demand. The biggest rip off is the digital games getting jacked up to $69.99 as well.

When it comes to the online store, Sony can set the price to whatever it wants I suppose. Gonna read up on it so I got my info right.

EDIT:

Sony doesn't control the price of 3rd party games on PSN. Blame the publishers.

This ain't a Games post but mostly a Best buy Bitch post.

Just went to a Best Buy store, I wanted to buy a tv but at the price offered on the NCIX Website. Since their ads say they'll price match anything even from an online Store, I figured why not.

First they thought Ncix wasn't a canadian Store(I'm in Montreal), Showed them they had real physical locations around the country. Secondly, The guy didn't want to price match. He was a 100% sure the TV was a refurbished unit cause NCIX was selling it at the Cost price Best buy was buying it. I called them out on their bullshit, they wouldn't budge.

Anybody else had similar trouble with price match at Futureshop/Best buy?

jzbluz

Just went to a Best Buy store, I wanted to buy a tv but at the price offered on the NCIX Website. Since their ads say they'll price match anything even from an online Store, I figured why not.

First they thought Ncix wasn't a canadian Store(I'm in Montreal), Showed them they had real physical locations around the country. Secondly, The guy didn't want to price match. He was a 100% sure the TV was a refurbished unit cause NCIX was selling it at the Cost price Best buy was buying it. I called them out on their bullshit, they wouldn't budge.

I tried to price match something but they wouldn't let me because BB had limited quantity. I went to check their website again and saw that they actually lowered their price. I guess they didn't want to give me the 10% difference.

Kieli

I've had it good. Price matched a $10 price differential on an iPod several years ago.

My friend had no problem price-matching a $30 difference on Nexus 7 last year.

They even price-matched a limited-time sale price of $150 on 3DS XL (which they aren't supposed to do per policy).

My approach to price matches is always be willing to walk out and buy the product at the other store if necessary. It makes my attitude on price matches much more relaxed. I would probably be a bit more pissed, though, if I tried to do a price guarantee and got rejected for some bullshit reason, but I've only had to do it when Best Buy themselves dropped the price on something I'd purchased and it went through fine (so far a TV and the 3DS after the first price drop).

erpg

GAF parliamentarian

Eh, if someone wanted to buy something off me and I were losing money on the deal, I would try whatever I could to wiggle out of it as well.

i-Jest

Not too sure if this should be here but music is sound and sound is in games. . . anyways, NCIX has Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium 600 ohm headphones for $249.99 (make sure you have a powerful enough amp to drive these things though :p).

I just picked them up today along with a Fiio E09K from Headphonebar to pair with my E17 that I bought previously for my K550s. So far so good. 8)

Your a headphone buff aren't you? Are you also an audiophile?

EDIT:

Indigo Chapters has some Sale going on. I got the newsletter on the 16th apparently. Also a little something for pillow GAF.

109007_Header_FreshMD.jpg

terrible

Banned
Not too sure if this should be here but music is sound and sound is in games. . . anyways, NCIX has Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium 600 ohm headphones for $249.99 (make sure you have a powerful enough amp to drive these things though :p).

I just picked them up today along with a Fiio E09K from Headphonebar to pair with my E17 that I bought previously for my K550s. So far so good. 8)

They seem to go on sale for that price at least once a month. I have them and they're pretty good headphones. Prepare to realize how poorly your entire music collection has been mastered though lol. Those headphones are maybe too detailed and revealing if that's possible.

Cactus

Banned
The new Twin Peaks Blu-Ray box set is finally up for pre-order on amazon.ca

The only problem is that there's a $40 markup compared to .com ($130 vs $90)

:-(

evanmisha

The new Twin Peaks Blu-Ray box set is finally up for pre-order on amazon.ca

The only problem is that there's a $40 markup compared to .com ($130 vs $90)

:-(

That's not uncommon for amazon.ca

The price will probably dip down to 100 $ closer to release.

An odd request; anyone in Toronto have a PSP in great condition they don't use and don't mind trading for my PSP 1000 that's kinda eh looking with scratches and the like? It works, but I don't have a charger for it.

I can also offer a fee instead, PM me if interested. :)

Lexxism

For those who want extra 4000 points on their account :D

Originally Posted by ice2fire
Do you want 2000 + 2000 Free Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum Points? Sure you do! Here is how!

Enter the coupon code 2424 and also 2828 in the "promo code" field when you update your profile. ONE CODE AT A TIME , Each 4 digit code will provide 2000 points when updating. This offer expires May 21, 2014. You will receive an email shortly to confirm, points will be added to your account by May 30, 2014.

You will receive 2 emails with the following subject heading if successful
1)Promo Code Confirmation
Thank you for updating your Optimum Account. We feel we know you better already.
2000 Shoppers Optimum Points will be added to your Optimum Account by May 30, 2014.
Note: This is an automatically generated email.
Please do not reply to this email.
Enjoy!
Shoppers Drug Mart

2)Your Optimum Profile has been updated
-Thank you for updating your Optimum Profile.
We feel we know you better already.
Sincerely,
Shoppers Drug Mart

I tried to price match something but they wouldn't let me because BB had limited quantity. I went to check their website again and saw that they actually lowered their price. I guess they didn't want to give me the 10% difference.

They wouldn't price match a TV from NCIX for me since they said daily deal prices didn't count. The girl made up some bullshit excuse saying they'll only price match non-special prices .

Dolobill

My guess is that it's still $20 off, so down to $50 rather than $40. I hope I'm wrong.

I preordered a bunch of games from FS when they had that $10 off deal a while back. Does anyone know if my preorders will automatically adjust to the E3 sale price, or will I have to cancel and place my orders again?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My guess is that it's still $20 off, so down to $50 rather than $40. I hope I'm wrong.

I preordered a bunch of games from FS when they had that $10 off deal a while back. Does anyone know if my preorders will automatically adjust to the E3 sale price, or will I have to cancel and place my orders again?

You'll need to cancel.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

They won't automatically change.

BadHand

I would be happy with 33% off, like previous years. $46.66 rather than $39.99.

I'll be getting TLOU: Remastered, Batman Arkham Knight and Diablo 3 on PS4 plus whatever new titles are announced. This is on top of my existing 5 pre-orders from last year of course.

Herlihy Boy

Neo Member
My local Super Store has the Sony Gold Wireless headset on for $49.94. Anyone used these? More specifically, anyone used these with a XBONE? I don't have a PS4 yet.

Top Bottom