• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Tik-Tok

Have you done it recently? I don't know if something happened, but yesterday and today their agents literally said that the site was blocked by their computers. The only way they could reach the site was on a computer not on their work network.

He said he does it on his phone. Just go in to the store and bring it up on your phone and show them.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
He said he does it on his phone. Just go in to the store and bring it up on your phone and show them.
Oh in store? Yeah, that's how I eventually got it.

My problem came from trying to order online and call into their customer service number.

Kijiji and Craigslist are probably your only options!
In Canada, Kijiji is probably your only option. Just be prepared for a lot of weird offers and people flaking on you.

Target starting tommorow:

$20 giftcard w/ XB1 Controller
Get 50% off 1 year Xbox sub card with $499 Xbox One & Kinect console purchase
$15 giftcard with Watch Dogs XB1/PS4/PS3/360

Has anyone here ever sold a TV? Aside from eBay or Craigslist/Kijiji, I wouldn't know where to look.

I sold a 52" Sony Bravia at Christmas on Kijiji(really the only decent option) was a pretty bad experience. My fault really.
It was originally $2500 5 years ago, so I started at $400 and said to myself if I get an offer around 350 I'd take it. Ended up getting lots of flakey $300-325 offers the first couple days, but I was stubborn and held out for more. Stopped getting emails within a week, and thought I missed my chance. No one who originally offered 300 were interested anymore. Then finally a guy offered $275, but I had already bought my new TV by then, so I took it.
Lesson, try not to buy the new tv before you sell the old one, then you won't be so desperate to take whatever you can get. I even told myself that when I was selling mine, but the damn allure of the 65" was too much and I had to buy it NOW! There's still a little money to be recovered from your old tv.

frontovik

Banned
I'm looking to purchase a Playstation 2 (preferably in mint condition), which I imagine would be quite rare to find now. Is there a games store in Vancouver that GAF would recommend?

I'm aware that Gamesdeals sells used consoles, and I may consider Amazon and Craigslist as well.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
pmun58N.png

http://www.futureshop.ca/Search/Sea...e414314b86bb581f8en20&query=10246603+10246604

Online = $99.99 after rebate
In-store = $129.99 and you get a $30 gift card

iLLmAtlc

I'm looking to purchase a Playstation 2 (preferably in mint condition), which I imagine would be quite rare to find now. Is there a games store in Vancouver that GAF would recommend?

I'm aware that Gamesdeals sells used consoles, and I may consider Amazon and Craigslist as well.

Do you mean the original? I have a PS2 Slim I bought in 2006 or 2007 which I played for maybe less than a year when you end up all of the play time.

It's just sitting there as dead weight so if you are interested shoot me a PM or something.

zroid

Banned

Megasoum

Banned
lol I read about that when I was PS3 shopping earlier... can you not use the bracket from your old PS3?

No it's not the same format. And since it's only a SATA connection, it's not really solid in there without screws..... Fuck me.

I stuffed it with paper and it looks solid enough.

Tapejara

WTF....So I bought a 12gb PS3 the other day with the intent of putting my old HDD in it (My original fat PS3 died recently)...

Turns out they don't include the HDD mounting bracket with the console since there's no HDD packed in.... What a fucking bullshit...

http://store.sony.com/gsi/webstore/...ANvtqQJwBBCZR0JDcUGoZsv0FtXS?SKU=27-PS3000051

I was just popping in to ask about this. I want to get a 12GB system and put my 500GB HDD in, but I can't find the PS3 mounting bracket anywhere. Only ones I can find are the Sony one you posted (on back-order and coming from US Sony Store, of course) and some from third party Amazon.ca sellers. Can't tell if the latter is an official Sony product and I'm hesitant to pick it up because I don't know the sellers.

Ugh, this isn't the only Super Slim accessory that's impossible to find either. I've wanted to get a vertical stand too and that might as well be non-existent.

Megasoum

Banned
I was just popping in to ask about this. I want to get a 12GB system and put my 500GB HDD in, but I can't find the PS3 mounting bracket anywhere. Only ones I can find are the Sony one you posted (on back-order and coming from US Sony Store, of course) and some from third party Amazon.ca sellers. Can't tell if the latter is an official Sony product and I'm hesitant to pick it up because I don't know the sellers.

Ugh, this isn't the only Super Slim accessory that's impossible to find either. I've wanted to get a vertical stand too and that might as well be non-existent.

Stuffing it with sheets of papers seems to be working fine. The amazong bracket looks legit tho.

Tapejara

Stuffing it with sheets of papers seems to be working fine. The amazong bracket looks legit tho.

Yeah, and one of the sellers is fulfilled by Amazon, so I guess that reduces the potential risk. Might pick it up; not sure I trust myself using the paper method!

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
No one answering this question in the target thread so, is the trade in 3 games for more money strictly US, or are some of you Canadians doing it as well?

Sealtest

Soo what are the chances of my Watch_Dogs pre order from FS arriving on, or before release?

If it's anything like my games so far pretty good depending how far you live from the warehouse. Infamous SS was a friday release and they sent it out on the Weds for me.

zroid

Banned
I ordered one... most random ass impulse purchase I've made in years. Didn't even need a laptop. But this is too good :lol

Hopefully it gets fulfilled

I don't see the price mistake when I add it to the cart...

apply the promo code manually

Samyy

I doubt it ships :(
I really can't afford the proper price so hopefully they give us a chance to cancel if they won't honour it...

Top Bottom