• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

pmun58N.png

http://www.futureshop.ca/Search/Sea...e414314b86bb581f8en20&query=10246603+10246604

Online = $99.99 after rebate
In-store = $129.99 and you get a $30 gift card

worth getting a 2ds if i already have a 3ds xl?

mdubs

Banned
Ok I just ordered one. For all you PC gamers, can anyone fill me in as to how good this laptop is. From my rudimentary understanding after looking at the specs, it's a good one (and an utter steal at $299), but just how good is it?

kennah

Holy awesome. Too bad I don't have the room on my credit card. If someone ends up getting one and wants to flip it, PM me.

/\ It's a fucking great laptop that is easily over a grand and will play pretty much any game out right now with decent results.

kasane

Ok I just ordered one. For all you PC gamers, can anyone fill me in as to how good this laptop is. From my rudimentary understanding after looking at the specs, it's a good one (and an utter steal at $299), but just how good is it?
Of course its a steal no, this is highway robbery. Im too lazy to reach out for my cards i hope its still there tomorrow ;_;

Fularu

Banned
The lenovo laptop shows up as 279? Lol does lenovo honor these

Depends on where you are in Canada. I think the law requieres them to honor it for some provinces, but not in others.

I know when Dell canceled everyone's Dell Venue Pro after that 190$ error, they still went through with it with mine and other people in Québec.

jet1911

Depends on where you are in Canada. I think the law requieres them to honor it for some provinces, but not in others.

I know when Dell canceled everyone's Dell Venue Pro after that 190$ error, they still went through with it with mine and other people in Québec.

Interesting. :D

kennah

Hmm... I should just get them to ship it to my wife's family in Quebec that we're visiting next month :p

Sealtest

Hmm i seem 2 be stuck at we are processing your order... I really hope I didn't wait long enough thinking if i needed it or not.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have the version of this machine from 2 years ago and it works great as a gaming machine, although I would be careful as it seems a lot more fragile than I expected. Maybe this new one is better built though.

That said, unless they changed it, the bonus is that you can fit an mSATA drive onto this machine so you can have both a SSD and a storage drive at the same time!

Lenovo on the other hand doesn't honor jack shit.. They don't even care about "La protection du consommateur"

This guy though...

Beck

Thank you great enzo_gt! They'll probably cancel, but if they don't, I was in need of a new laptop for E3.

UberTag

It's interesting that going through Lenovo.com directly (instead of via the discount link) shows a completely different pricing structure.
The difference being that we accessed the discount through a Perkopolis hub.
Checked out Perkopolis.com and they have a program in place where they resell Lenovo laptops through an employee discount program.

It's interesting that going through Lenovo.com directly (instead of via the discount link) shows a completely different pricing structure.
The difference being that we accessed the discount through a Perkopolis hub.
Checked out Perkopolis.com and they have a program in place where they resell Lenovo laptops through an employee discount program.

This was the comparison. (Left is without the perkopolis - Right is with.)

Fularu

Banned
Pretty much lmao, from what I understand is that they have to honor it in Quebec 'cause of the law here, but from what people have been saying on RFD is that they don't.

You only need one person to bring Lenovo to court and they'll think twice about not upholding that law. You pay the price advertised, even if the store made a mistake.

Now with scum like those ordering 10+ units to sell them on Kijiji I really want Lenovo to cancel everything.

Sealtest

Second try ordering worked. I don't really need this laptop but I guess i'll keep the order if it does indeed go through.

Holy shit, now this i want.

But ik already going to san fran end of next month :(

Earlier this month there was another sale/error. Flights from Toronto to Seoul for $440 return all-in, to Tokyo $750 return all-in. Not as nuts as Europe for $130 but man.

P.S. Anyone having trouble logging back into the Lenovo Perkopolis site? I got an account verification email but it never verifies my account, and now I can't log in with my new account either. So bizarre that it's a different site from Lenovo proper.

kasane

Earlier this month there was another sale/error. Flights from Toronto to Seoul for $440 return all-in, to Tokyo $750 return all-in. Not as nuts as Europe for $130 but man.

P.S. Anyone having trouble logging back into the Lenovo Perkopolis site? I got an account verification email but it never verifies my account, and now I can't log in with my new account either. So bizarre that it's a different site from Lenovo proper.

The europe one is one way no? Im also planning to go to europe but im with somebody

Gritesh

This Lenovo deal is getting cancelled right?

I ordered one anyways would make a good steam streaming machine but doubt this will go through...

The europe one is one way no? Im also planning to go to europe but im with somebody

It was, yeah. Apparently you could find the reverse of those flights to get back home for around the same price but it was really difficult. I didn't even bother looking because I already jumped on the Japan one and two transcontinental vacations in a year is too rich for my blood!

Dr.brain64

I don't remember if hyrule warrior was part of the FS e3 deal?? If it was... damn

As for the lenovo deal they probably got like over 1000 orders for the laptop lol

Top Bottom