• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

UberTag

Ditto for me. I've been charged in full and my order is now in the ever-popular "Released to Manufacturing" status.
Still not holding my breath. Would rather Lenovo not arbitrarily be taking our cash if they weren't planning to honour this deal but that seems to be their default approach despite their past pricing snafus.

Returners

When did Ontario start tagging on an EHF (Environmental Handling Fee) for tablets? I was looking at Bestbuy's site for Surface Pro 3 and it had this extra 1.30 on top of it.

Ondore

Best of luck to all of you who went in on that laptop... I would've jumped but the end of the month is murder on my wallet.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
When did Ontario start tagging on an EHF (Environmental Handling Fee) for tablets? I was looking at Bestbuy's site for Surface Pro 3 and it had this extra 1.30 on top of it.
I'm pretty sure they were classified as portable computers alongside laptops from the start (2008-2009?).

Returners

Another bitching aside:

I wanted to change my shipping address for an order made last E3 at Futureshop.

Called the hotline this morning and they suddenly said they can't change the shipping information on an order at all. They'll have to cancel the order and put a new one in.

Has anyone run into this recently? I've changed the address on a couple of orders before back in March and no problems.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Another bitching aside:

Called the hotline this morning and they suddenly said they can't change the shipping information on an order at all. They'll have to cancel the order and put a new one in.

Has anyone run into this recently? I've changed the address on a couple of orders before back in March and no problems.

What, really? Did they let you get the games again at the same price at least?

Returners

What, really? Did they let you get the games again at the same price at least?

NO. They said they'll have to reorder the item which will be the MSRP. The thing is, I got a supervisor to talk about this and he reiterated the no changing thing.

Ugh. I'm going to call them later again.

zroid

Banned
Sounds like the last Lenovo mispriced laptop deal led to a bunch of headaches with them processing orders, shipping orders, people celebrating in the streets... only for Lenovo to then send out shipment intercepts with the couriers, recall the orders after they were already en route and then sit on people's money for a couple weeks.

That's not so cool.

Hopefully they just straight up cancel them. Or honor them. None of that other BS.

wow lol

URATowel

Banned
Hey Lenovo, don't take my money for a couple weeks please.
Just cancel or honour :(

Walmart is known for this. They still haven't charged me for an order I placed and recieved around a month ago. Some guy even said he ordered and changed his CC # but that's a pretty dick move that might come back to bite him in the ass so didn't do that...

Anywho...what a great bday present if this goes through..CC already charged so here's hoping!

Fularu

Banned
Another bitching aside:

I had no problems changing shipping addresses on my orders. It wouldn't let me change my CC though do I called them and got it fixed for all my orders (I need my MK8/D3 fix!)

Guesong

For some reason if I try to log into the Lenovo webpage now, it does not recognize my account that I made yesterday for the deal.

E-mail address is obviously in their system since I can reset my password just fine...but then I input my password and it doesn't work.

I feel a storm coming.

Draff

Happened to me a few years ago. The deal wasn't even that great; it was for a free upgrade on the HD. They sat on my money for 2 months, without even a single update. After a bunch of calls saying it was processing, they finally cancelled the order several weeks later.

URATowel

Banned
For some reason if I try to log into the Lenovo webpage now, it does not recognize my account that I made yesterday for the deal.

E-mail address is obviously in their system since I can reset my password just fine...but then I input my password and it doesn't work.

I feel a storm coming.

check out as guest. took me less than 2 min. never typed so fast in my life but seems deal is still up as of now

If Lenovo pulls this off...they are AOK in my books..

Guesong

check out as guest. took me less than 2 min. never typed so fast in my life but seems deal is still up as of now

If Lenovo pulls this off...they are AOK in my books..

I already bought it yesterday. I just want to go check up on the order page...but can't! >_>

At least I can track it with the link they sent me, but still... I just wanted to see how to cancel. Well, it's released to manufacturing now so I guess we're all going down together if they go crazy.

Returners

I had no problems changing shipping addresses on my orders. It wouldn't let me change my CC though do I called them and got it fixed for all my orders (I need my MK8/D3 fix!)

Update: I called them this time through BestBuy's system to change inconsequential order for Quantum Break.

Changed my FS stuff through the BB rep as well. Ugh, even though they share the same systems and reps. I've had better dealings with Bestbuy for sure.

Lenovo Deal
I had mistakenly reversed my shipping and billing info. I called in to Lenovo and changed it, doesn't seem to be any problems on their system it seems.

This morning has just been talking to one CS Rep after another.

My order status has been changed to "released to manufacturing". I would assume that's good, but in one of their emails they sent, it states:

"Lenovo reserves the right to refuse to sell a product to any customer for any reason, or to limit the number of units to a particular product that a customer may buy at any one time. If we do not accept your order we will notify you by phone or email; your credit card payment will not be processed or your direct deposit will be refunded."

Covering their bases I see. lol

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I'm doubting that they'll fulfil the order on the laptop but it's worth a shot.

If it doesn't go through, oh well.

Dunlop

lol how did I miss this lenova thing

I live on Gaf and RFD normally

Put an order through, have zero expectation for it to be honored

Palehorse

Thanks for this random comment. It triggered my memory that my CC had expired on the E3 orders from last year and Watch_Dogs wouldn't go through next week...what a headache that would have been.

I just phoned and updated my CC on the two orders left, thank you kind stranger!

My order status has been changed to "released to manufacturing". I would assume that's good, but in one of their emails they sent, it states:

"Lenovo reserves the right to refuse to sell a product to any customer for any reason, or to limit the number of units to a particular product that a customer may buy at any one time. If we do not accept your order we will notify you by phone or email; your credit card payment will not be processed or your direct deposit will be refunded."

Covering their bases I see. lol

Based on the reports of Lenovo recalling price-error laptops from UPS trucks once upon a time, I would assume you're not getting the laptop until you actually have the box in your hands. Preferably the UPS guy has left the building and is out of sight.

Cactus

Banned
This is not really a Canada-specific issue, but I think I'm done selling on eBay.

I've been selling some of my old trading cards recently. A guy from Brampton (I'm in Toronto) bought a card, and a few weeks later he bought three more. He asked me to leave positive feedback for both transactions, which reinforced my assumption that he was a return customer who received the original package already.

Two days later, he claimed that he didn't receive the first package. I told him to wait until today, and now he's saying he hasn't received either package. I asked him to confirm if the address is correct(since the odds of something like this happening are essentially zero) and he said the address is correct.

...seems like an obvious scam to me, but there's nothing I can do since eBay will side with the buyer 100% of the time unless the seller purchases a tracking service, which isn't feasible for very cheap items.

This is not really a Canada-specific issue, but I think I'm done selling on eBay.

I've been selling some of my old trading cards recently. A guy from Brampton (I'm in Toronto) bought a card, and a few weeks later he bought three more. He asked me to leave positive feedback for both transactions, which reinforced my assumption that he was a return customer who received the original package already.

Two days later, he claimed that he didn't receive the first package. I told him to wait until today, and now he's saying he hasn't received either package. I asked him to confirm if the address is correct(since the odds of something like this happening are essentially zero) and he said the address is correct.

...seems like an obvious scam to me, but there's nothing I can do since eBay will side with the buyer 100% of the time unless the seller purchases a tracking service, which isn't feasible for very cheap items.

no tracking number i assume? damn that sucks. and the order he placed weeks ago, he says he never got? even though he still kept ordering more cards from you?

yeah, something's not right there.

Cactus

Banned
no tracking number i assume? damn that sucks. and the order he placed weeks ago, he says he never got? even though he still kept ordering more cards from you?

yeah, something's not right there.
Pretty much, yeah. No tracking number because it would cost too much relative to the price of the cards.

Kalren

I talked to the wife before ordering last night because we just paid for some car repairs. She agreed that the laptop was worth trying for that price.

I think it's fair to say we won't be receiving this but if there's a chance...

therapist

Ordered a 410.

My dumbass freind who i gave shit after the fact he informed me , actually called lenovo like a jackass.

Luckily they said its legit and that they have 140 something 410's in stock and around 46 510's.

They did not mention whether this was like TOTAL stock or whats left.

Id assume its total , so likely the first people who ordered might actually get it?

I would still be shocked. Gl!

sunofsam

Anyone know of any chains/box stores that routinely or mistakenly break street date on vidya games?

Thinking of going to look for Watch Dogs after work - seeing lots of streams.

Shoppers, The Source?

baconcow

Anyone know of any chains/box stores that routinely or mistakenly break street date on vidya games?

Thinking of going to look for Watch Dogs after work - seeing lots of streams.

Shoppers, The Source?

WalMart. They sold me Killzone: Mercenary a week early. The cash register would not put it through, and they just manually put it through. I believe they had no idea it was not out yet. It was sitting in the normal glass cabinet without a sticker. I said nothing the entire time.

Top Bottom