• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

kasane

It was, yeah. Apparently you could find the reverse of those flights to get back home for around the same price but it was really difficult. I didn't even bother looking because I already jumped on the Japan one and two transcontinental vacations in a year is too rich for my blood!
Want to go to japan too

;_;

UberTag

Sounds like the last Lenovo mispriced laptop deal led to a bunch of headaches with them processing orders, shipping orders, people celebrating in the streets... only for Lenovo to then send out shipment intercepts with the couriers, recall the orders after they were already en route and then sit on people's money for a couple weeks.

That's not so cool.

Hopefully they just straight up cancel them. Or honor them. None of that other BS.

RE_Player

Sounds like the last Lenovo mispriced laptop deal led to a bunch of headaches with them processing orders, shipping orders, people celebrating in the streets... only for Lenovo to then send out shipment intercepts with the couriers, recall the orders after they were already en route and then sit on people's money for a couple weeks.

That's not so cool.

Hopefully they just straight up cancel them. Or honor them. None of that other BS.
I hope that will not be the case here.

ohlawd

led to a bunch of headaches with them processing orders, shipping orders, people celebrating in the streets... only for Lenovo to then send out shipment intercepts with the couriers, recall the orders after they were already en route and then sit on people's money for a couple weeks
welp

That's not so cool.

FUCK

I JUST ORDERED

That's not so cool.

Yeah, that seems like the worst case scenario. On the flip side, I'm not sure if anyone failed outright to get a refund; if everyone was refunded, it looks like it was about two weeks from purchase to final refund. That I think I can live with.

Funny thing is, I don't know if it'd be better for me if Lenovo cancels or ships. I'm not very keen on reselling things (especially expensive stuff like this) and I already bought a laptop from Lenovo like two and a half months ago that I think I'll use more often because it's lighter. I suppose it could be my PC console that sits underneath my TV...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wouldn't mind getting it if only to replace my last one, but I sort of expect this to be dead. Also, I'm sure someone at Perkopolis is fired. :p

Thought about it, decided it wasn't worth the cancelling/refunding headache. Plus I remember the last Lenovo price error I jumped on (I think it was a cheap mouse) didn't go through either.

Jachaos

I really hope Consumer Protection in Québec will make this go through. I have a MacBook Pro retina I bought at Christmas, but I ordered one still. Either my cousin will need it or I'll want to use it for some PC games.

Some people have noticed their order status change from "order received" to "released for manufacturing" and their cc being charged for the full amount! itshappening.gif

UberTag

Anyone want to share their best "pricing error that was actually honoured" story?

Mine was landing a launch day PSP back in March 2005 for literally half of its $249 launch price due to a pricing error from some defunct DVD wholesaler site based out of Montreal that also dabbled in game sales. Their order system was screwed up and would leave order discounts applied against an account as credit after an order was cancelled.

-Deimos

Some people have noticed their order status change from "order received" to "released for manufacturing" and their cc being charged for the full amount! itshappening.gif

tumblr_mnlvzwOpYx1s896ouo1_250.gif

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone want to share their best "pricing error that was actually honored" story?

Mine was landing a launch day PSP back in March 2005 for literally half of its $249 launch price due to a pricing error from some defunct DVD wholesaler site based out of Montreal that also dabbled in game sales. Their order system was screwed up and would leave order discounts applied against an account as credit after an order was cancelled.

The only price error I have ever managed to get was Sin & Punishment Star Successor for $10. Someone had put it in the wrong spot on the shelf at Future Shop and I didn't read anything on the tag other than the $10 price. When it scanned in for $30-40 I went back with the sales guy to double check the price tag, found the error and was going to put it back, but he just rang it up for the lower price anyway.

I've still only played the first 3-4 levels of the game.

I was actually on Lenovo's site looking at the y510p and y50 today.....my y560 is starting to feel worn out but is still pretty fast, this is worth the good old college try

I don't know wtf this Lenovo thing is, but thanks to this thread I'm going to Milan and Bangkok in March/April 2015. Maybe this isn't the type of decision you make drunk and midnight, but yeah it is!!!! WAHHOOO!! Under $700 ($350 each with cancellation insurance) for the g/f and I to take these flights. I'll have to tell her when she wakes up.

I don't know wtf this Lenovo thing is, but thanks to this thread I'm going to Milan and Bangkok in March/April 2015. Maybe this isn't the type of decision you make drunk and midnight, but yeah it is!!!! WAHHOOO!! Under $700 ($350 each with cancellation insurance) for the g/f and I to take these flights. I'll have to tell her when she wakes up.
Oh christ

Good work lol

hahaha glhf

Effer

Laptop ordered. My hindquarters are prepared for inevitable butthurt when Lenovo sorts this mess out over the coming 3 weeks and I'm left without the laptop I never needed or knew I'd be buying.

It's a tragedy, really.

got through using my phone somehow....I'm so glad I checked this lovely thread when I did.
Now to patiently wait for the order to get canceled...

Edit: My phone is still working and getting through at 3:20

Past

Looks like I just got charged for Watch Dogs (FS, E3 deal). I don't know if I really want it anymore, all the controversy surrounding the game has turned me off.

udiie

hope to god the laptop goes through. would be deal of my lifetime, up there with 3DS trade and Rogers Rental locations closings

Conceptor

Holy shit, I seriously need to get on checking this thread regularly.. fuck I would have over the moon if I landed one. Pls PM if you got two and want to flip it too :>

But thanks for that SSD link! Will make a nice gift

Top Bottom