• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Anyone know of any chains/box stores that routinely or mistakenly break street date on vidya games?

Thinking of going to look for Watch Dogs after work - seeing lots of streams.

Shoppers, The Source?

the Source near me used to break street date all the time on a number of titles. however, that changed recently. I was about to buy a game that they put out prematurely (it was out 3-4 days before the street date) and I think they finally updated their computer system to prevent sales of games that were street dated, since the dude behind the counter said the system is telling him not to sell until such and such date.

Pretty much, yeah. No tracking number because it would cost too much relative to the price of the cards.

after the last bad experience I had with ebay, whatever I send back I'll be putting a tracking number on it, no matter the cost of the item itself. the headache associated with losing that stuff in the mail isn't worth it. Maybe you can tell ebay that if he didn't receive the original order he placed weeks ago, why did he continue ordering cards?

The last two items I shipped from eBay without tracking got "lost". They were low priced items but it sure looked shady. Raise a stink with CP to get some money back.

Some guy bought $40,000 worth of laptops and posted a screenshot on RFD.

Hoarder much. Hahaha

Gotta be fucking loaded to blow all that at once. That's like a year's salary right there.

Rich get richer I guess.

Someone on RFD posted a screenshot of a livechat, the CSR stated that all orders to be cancelled within 24-48 hours.

Think any will slip through the cracks beforehand? Maybe some will be successful, depends on processing and delivery times, but of course it's Friday so I think things go dead on weekends.

kitzkozan

This pricing mistake would of resulted in a couple of million worth of losses. :p I had to try myself so I ordered one. I want a laptop anyway and this would of been an unbelievable deal lol.

Mupod

I find it funny how one of my orders from the Future Shop E3 promotion last year hasn't shipped a single game out of the 3 yet. And some won't even make 2014.

But yeah I'm hoping my address change didn't mess anything up. My other order with MK8 in it has already shipped an item which prevented me from making any changes to the order, and I had to call in to get it fixed. Even so I couldn't change the address on my credit card, the guy on the phone says it'll still go through just fine (since it was already charged once for the order) and I'm hoping he's right. Because 40 bucks for Mario Kart and Pikmin 3 will be pretty nice.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much what we all expected would happen. Sad it won't go through, but it's not like I'm out anything in the end and I got a couple hours of fun at least.

Gritesh

I could just imagine Lenovos manufacturing centre coming in to work today and seeing orders for thousands of the same laptops haha they would be going nuts trying to fill them...

Past

Why haven't they fix the damn website yet though? Hundreds of orders are still being made as we are speaking right now.

LkPr

Anyone have Watch_Dogs ship from BB yet? They charged my CC this morning but no shipping info yet. Last time I pre-ordered from them I didn't get the game until Thursday (that was BF4) so i'm really hoping they come thru and get this to me on-time... I live 45 mins from the distribution center, lol.

Anth0ny

I'm hoping FS gets me Watch Dogs on launch day. I pre-ordered last E3, assuming it would be my PS4 launch game. I'd like to finish it before Mario Kart drops on Friday...

did you miss that PSN thing where Wolfy was 50 bucks or something? Apart from that, all I got.

argh I want Wolfy too but I don't wanna pay more than 20. Work your magic, bargain sales.

I went ahead and DLed the PS4 version. I'm looking at it as doing my part to support companies that are not jumping on the 70 dollar bandwagon lol.

Great game by the way. A legitimately fun shooter with a fairly compelling and interesting storyline. Glad I grabbed it!

MarkusRJR

So I'm in the market for a laptop for school. I really like the Lenovo Yoga 2 11 inch (on sale for $570 currently), but the only store that has it is across the city. I'd have to bus 2 hours at least, so that's out of the question.

What're some good $500-$600 laptops that are sold at Walmart, London Drugs, or The Source? I haven't bought a laptop in years so I have no idea what to look for, or which brands to avoid. I'm willing to splurge up to $700 if there's a specific model that's really good.

Those RFD people are idiots. Just order one and STFU.

Not just RFD man, I told my buddy who is looking for a new laptop on this deal and he placed an order of 2 laptops. I specifically told him that do not place order for 2, stick with one but he Didnt listen, he's like 'fuck it, worth a shot".

Oh well...

Dazzler

I picked up Ground Zeroes from London Drugs three days before release. Worth looking there if you're looking for an early release

kitzkozan

That's what I'm betting on.

Same, but the situation won't be sorted out until monday at the earliest. I received my confirmation emails, but it doesn't mean anything until it's shipped. I just ordered 1 laptop anyway since I recently decided that I wanted a laptop which I could bring to school and do some work on it + play games here and there. :] This one is more than perfect for the job at that price point.

People just don't get that even if it's a 0.0000000000001% chance then it's worth going for and playing fair about it. Then you have impatient people talking to live chat, phoning in, ordering 150 of them, lol. Ridiculous.

In the end it's kind of funny how much of a mess this is going to be for Lenovo to cancel each individual order if they do. And if a lot of them end up being manufactured then they'll have a whole bunch of those now. Amusing all around.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Some guy bought $40,000 worth of laptops and posted a screenshot on RFD.

Hoarder much. Hahaha

Well we know who's order is getting cancelled first ;)

Ordered a 410.

My dumbass freind who i gave shit after the fact he informed me , actually called lenovo like a jackass.

Luckily they said its legit and that they have 140 something 410's in stock and around 46 510's.

They did not mention whether this was like TOTAL stock or whats left.

Id assume its total , so likely the first people who ordered might actually get it?

I would still be shocked. Gl!

If this is true, then that $40k guy is getting like all of them

Dazzler

people who call up companies to ask about these pricing errors are some of the most stupid people on earth

just hold tight and hope it goes unnoticed, don't call a spotlight down on it

people who call up companies to ask about these pricing errors are some of the most stupid people on earth

Totally true, but for any given price error I just assume that eventually someone's going to get antsy and call in, and that it'll probably happen sooner rather than later. At this point, in RFD threads it's practically a stage every price-error thread goes through: a bunch of trolls pretend to call in (or actually call in) about the error just for the salty tears they'll get from everyone else. And even if that didn't happen you know someone's going to be genuinely nervous about their order. Best way to sneak a price error under the radar is to never tell anyone. (But where's the fun in that?)

URATowel

Banned
released to manufacturing here as well.

and the bottom of the page says limit of 5...some idiots can't read and ordered hundreds

therapist

Agreed

But in this case theres no damn way it would of ever gone unnoticed so wtv

the rfd thread if hilarious

UberTag

Someone on RFD posted a screenshot of a livechat, the CSR stated that all orders to be cancelled within 24-48 hours.
I honestly don't understand why these guys bait the customer service staff in an obvious pricing error situation. You place the order, you ignore it and that's it. You don't contact them under any circumstances.
Granted, some people fully realize this and either A) like to be dicks to RFD deal pouncers and/or B) like to troll RFD deal pouncers via BSing a contact that never actually happened.

Those RFD people are idiots. Just order one and STFU.
Precisely.

MarkusRJR

Can you use two payment methods when buying from FS/BB online? As in, can I use a gift card to cut down the price of something, and then use my Paypal to pay for the remainder?

I want to get this laptop, but I have a $500 limit. Could I theoretically buy a $200 gift card and use it along with Paypal to purchase it? Also, could I possibly use two $100 gift cards and Paypal (assuming I can't find a $200 gift card)?

Neki

That's how I got my Wii U from future shop, it was a hundred dollars price error, just placed an order, didn't say anything on the forums and phone, and it came a couple of weeks later

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can you use two payment methods when buying from FS/BB online? As in, can I use a gift card to cut down the price of something, and then use my Paypal to pay for the remainder?

I want to get this laptop, but I have a $500 limit. Could I theoretically buy a $200 gift card and use it along with Paypal to purchase it? Also, could I possibly use two $100 gift cards and Paypal (assuming I can't find a $200 gift card)?

You can apply a giftcard and pay the remaining balance with another card. You could also split the balance on two cards, iirc.

Lexxism

That's how I got my Wii U from future shop, it was a hundred dollars price error, just placed an order, didn't say anything on the forums and phone, and it came a couple of weeks later

Oh, it was $200 off as far as I can remember. I tried using the ISPU but never got luck lol

Lexxism

The Toronto Eaton's Centre Sony Store is closing this Sunday.

Deals so far are as follows:

50% off headphones
50% off accessories
50% off Rogers Nextbox 2.0 PVR
40% off Rogers Nextbox 3.0 PVR
35% off personal systems
25% off Cameras and laptops and TVs

Also no exchanges and only returns up to Sat store closing.

Top Bottom