• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Ya not good on Lenovo. I remember when Razr screwed up and posted everything on their site for $100 and agreed to complete orders that went through (for max one unit) on everything.

Hopefully they refund me quickly.

DJ_Lae

Haha, I've never ordered anything from Lenovo before and will probably never again but they're crazy if they think this order would actually be honoured.

Them actually charging prior to the cancellation is annoying, though. I didn't expect that.

Threi

notag
Damn i missed this lol

feel bad for yall getting your orders cancelled. Amazon has done me dirty like that several times (most recently 16GB ram for $50)

Guesong

Haha, I've never ordered anything from Lenovo before and will probably never again but they're crazy if they think this order would actually be honoured.

Them actually charging prior to the cancellation is annoying, though. I didn't expect that.

Yep. Here's hoping it doesn't take a month, though I'm guessing they'll get twitter harassed to hell and back until they do it so it shouldn't be too long...

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Lenovo's web shop and support has always been trash tier. They make excellent PCs but can't manage their site for shit.

UberTag

Not honouring the pricing error is fine.

The A) premature charging, B) keeping the pricing error up on their site most of the day hours after acknowledging they knew about it and C) what is expected to be a not-so-timely reimbursement process are most definitely NOT fine.

krae_man

I just spent $350 on a new camera so I didn't need a laptop anyway. Was a fun dream for a night.

Lol@ please call us o to discuss the proper pricing. Those poor CSR's.

This made me chuckle...

CLCYxFu.png

Needed "Quebec residents prepare to contact the Competition Bureau" and "conspiracy theorists bemoan the free publicity the company is getting".

The Square meme never gets old. I remember someone did it for Sony when the PS4 went up.

Samyy

Oh wow my credit card wasn't charged, phew.
However the Marlies tickets I bought for game 5 still haven't been refunded, damn.

Guesong

My credit card says "Authorized but not charged", so I'm guessing it'll just vanish in a couple of days?

Hope so. I don't want a headache.

UberTag

So.. how quickly do they refund the charges?
Perhaps tonight.
Perhaps over the weekend.
Perhaps Monday.
Perhaps sometime after Memorial Day.
Perhaps in a couple weeks.
Perhaps sometime in June.

Who can really say? Shake a Magic 8-Ball and it will give you as good an answer as their E-Mail did which reinforced very clearly that orders had been cancelled but was very murky about when any charged funds would be reimbursed.

UberTag

Lmao. I can't stop laughing with all of those responses. They act like a kid.
Both the RFD thread and the #LenovoSucks hashtag feed on Twitter are hilarious.
Lots of entitled folks going hog wild. Plenty of pre-weekend entertainment to be found.

mdubs

Banned
I love how all of us here on GAF are all calm and resigned to the fact we never really expected our laptops to come, while RFD is creating a tsunami of salty tears over this.

GAF > RFD

Fularu

Banned
I love how all of us here on GAF are all calm and resigned to the fact we never really expected our laptops to come, while RFD is creating a tsunami of salty tears over this.

GAF > RFD

Sucks they don'T have a live chat (at least I couldn't find it for the few seconds I looked) or I would have played the Quebec card (it worked with Dell in the past :p)

Anyone with a pre-order of watch_dogs from Futureshop get a shipping notice? If they were even attempting to get them to people for Tuesday they should have shipped by now.

Part of the Lenovo cancel club :(

amrod

Anyone with a pre-order of watch_dogs from Futureshop get a shipping notice? If they were even attempting to get them to people for Tuesday they should have shipped by now.

Part of the Lenovo cancel club :(

Watch Dogs Day 1 Edition (PlayStation 4) 1 $49.49

From bestbuy shipped to Calgary today... Dunno if I want it though since I got it on PC too

flkraven

Got the cancellation email too. Sucks, but it was expected. Wish the email had more info in it, but I called in to a CSR and they said I should see the money back in the account with in 48 hours. We'll see.

UberTag

Got the cancellation email too. Sucks, but it was expected. Wish the email had more info in it, but I called in to a CSR and they said I should see the money back in the account with in 48 hours. We'll see.
That time table's promising. Hopefully they'll deliver on it.

RE_Player

I never expected the order to go through but it would have been nice. The babies whining at RFD are hilarious though especially cause most of them were bragging about ordering multiple laptops.

ahdurian

let's hope so. that other laptop (y510) is still 50%off so i may order that from my work's benefits site

ahdurian

i find it funny that some people are still posting the Lenovo deal on RFD and it's hitting front page.
Some dude just reposted the workperks version

Sajjaja

Im going to write an email to the Better Business Bureau over this Lenovo thing. I didn't expect it to go through, but the fact that they precharge and still have this deal up is ridiculous.

UberTag

Im going to write an email to the Better Business Bureau over this Lenovo thing. I didn't expect it to go through, but the fact that they precharge and still have this deal up is ridiculous.
It is rather amusing that RFDers are still initiating additional orders at this hour in hopes that theirs will go through.
The Lenovo uproar on social media is now trending in Canada and hitting the general tech/media blogs.

Conceptor

Is the BBB legit? I've seen opinions around on both sides of the coin.

I just think it's silly that it took them this long to fix the price but judging from UberTag's post above me they haven't even done that yet?!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
It's really insane that the wrong price is still up, even though in the cancellation email they state all prices are fixed and want to sell us other products. I don't understand what they're doing but I dislike it.

iLLmAtlc

Not sure what precharge means but I think a complaint would be unreasonable. I didn't follow the deal at all but if something is clearly a pricing error I don't think you should reasonably expect to get it at that price.

Gxgear

Haha, anyone placing a second order through the new link? :p

I just placed one for Y510P for the first time after waiting overnight to see how everything unfolds.

Is the BBB legit? I've seen opinions around on both sides of the coin.

I just think it's silly that it took them this long to fix the price but judging from UberTag's post above me they haven't even done that yet?!

Yes when it comes to my dealings with Sony and Microsoft, big corporations tend to take it seriously.

Top Bottom