• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Sajjaja

Not sure what precharge means but I think a complaint would be unreasonable. I didn't follow the deal at all but if something is clearly a pricing error I don't think you should reasonably expect to get it at that price.

If you haven't been following it, you have an uninformed opinion.

They charge you before it even ships and have charged many of us despite knowingly being unable to fulfill these orders. Not only that, but they continue to have this deal listed on their website and continue to take orders for it. This is not about the error, this is about how they have gone about dealing with the situation. It's unprofessional and involves a huge sum of money changing hands from various people. That is not good business especially from a large company like this.

iLLmAtlc

If you haven't been following it, you have an uninformed opinion.

They charge you before it even ships and have charged many of us despite knowingly being unable to fulfill these orders. Not only that, but they continue to have this deal listed on their website and continue to take orders for it. This is not about the error, this is about how they have gone about dealing with the situation. It's unprofessional and involves a huge sum of money changing hands from various people. That is not good business especially from a large company like this.

My apologies, your complaint is justified in that case IMO. I thought it was about the pricing error.

Lexxism

yo guys, any experience ordering with AmiAmi and customs and whatnot?

I might want to get this:
Senran Kagura Burst LE

Totally depends on what courier you are going to use. It seems they have EMS. I think that's your best choice since they use CP when it get here. I guess the $8 handling fee + applicable GST/PST. They don't have brokerage so the fees are not going to be huge.

ohlawd

I had no problems the one time I bought something from them a couple of years ago. That said, it was a plush and not a game, so...

Totally depends on what courier you are going to use. It seems they have EMS. I think that's your best choice since they use CP when it get here. I guess the $8 handling fee + applicable GST/PST. They don't have brokerage so the fees are not going to be huge.

alright, thanks.

not gonna open it tho, probably not. just want XSEED to hurry up and announce SK2 already >_> Complete with LE and everything.

Luigi87

Senran Kagura 2 LE

I order from AmiAmi all the time (live in Ontario)
I've never paid customs with either EMS or SAL (Unregistered), and I've ordered games and figures (including an order via EMS well over $300).
I hear shipping via SAL (Registered) usually tends to get hit with customs though.

kitzkozan

Holy fucking shit they charged my card before even shipping, what the fuck

Got charged as well and my order is released to manufacturing. Some dude on red flag state that they see a shipping date, so I wonder if a couple of orders will slip through the crack (possible). It's the weekend right now so I'll just wait and see what happen by the end of next week.

I'm guessing that I will receive the cancellation email by monday or tuesday or else I will start to assume that my order might slip through the cracks.

FrsDvl

Anyone checking out Mario Kart at bestbuy today? Curious to know if there's much of a lineup or not. Since i would probably have to bring my daughter, and i don't want to bother a bunch of people with that.

zroid

Banned
FS charge me prior to shipping all the time. Always a few days before, when they promIse not too.

Pretty sure that means the order is getting ready to ship, ie the item has been allocated for you. Different from charging your card, and then saying oops never mind.

koopas

Anyone checking out Mario Kart at bestbuy today? Curious to know if there's much of a lineup or not. Since i would probably have to bring my daughter, and i don't want to bother a bunch of people with that.
I played it at futureshop last sunday - was it supposed to be available today? No line either

Tuck

Played kart at best buy earlier this week. No lines at all, played a few courses. Lots of fun. Didn't even expect the demo to be there, was a nice surprise.

FrsDvl

I played it at futureshop last sunday - was it supposed to be available today? No line either

ErxqosQ.jpg

Got that in my email a while ago.

RE_Player

For my fellow Canadians who had their Lenovo laptop purchases cancelled any indication on when they'll remove the charges to one's credit card? While it's not going to kill me I have a fairly low limit on my card and I rather not be constantly thinking about this useless $300 dent in my limit.

Senran Kagura 2 LE

I haven't gotten hit by customs yet but my understanding is that you have a higher chance of getting tagged if you go by EMS (which is like really fast and expensive) than if you go with unregistered or registered parcel. I've bought 80-100 dollar figures from them and haven't gotten hit yet.

That said, I think it would still be good if you set aside some money if you DO get hit by customs. I think there was a mandatory 10 dollar processing fee now from customs if you get hit on top of the tax....

Tsundere

Banned
I got the cancellation email but my order status is still released to manufacturing.

According to QC law (and they must abide by it since I got charged PST/GST) they have to sell me the item at the price advertised on the item.

We'll see how this goes.

Went to the MK8 event. It was fairly okay in terms of numbers. I had no trouble getting a voucher (which is for a shirt at the karting event on the 31st).

They had some swag like a MK8 keychain, a MK8 keystrap, MK8 stickers, and for demo a few 3DS' with Kirby, Mario Golf, Yoshi, Pokemon X, Animal Crossing, and even Regular Show for you to play.

Takuan

Is RE6 worth $10 for a so bad it's good laugh?

If you have a mid-tier gaming PC I'd just wait for it to go on sale on Steam again. Steam version comes with all the goodies, plus it'll look and run that much better.

Ignore if you don't have a suitable PC.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I got the cancellation email but my order status is still released to manufacturing.

According to QC law (and they must abide by it since I got charged PST/GST) they have to sell me the item at the price advertised on the item.

We'll see how this goes.

Got a link to that mention?

I'm on the same boat.

-Deimos

We'll see how this goes.

Got a link to that mention?

I'm on the same boat.

Last time this happened they apparently ignored the law and kept the laptops. Good luck, though.

ohlawd

unregistered sounds scary; 2-5 weeks shipping with no tracking number o.o

fuck it I'll bite. If the package is gone, I'll chalk it up as a breather for my stuffed closet.

RE_Player

My order status on the laptop still says "Released to manufacturing" and I am still charged the full amount. I have a feeling all this weirdness is because it is the weekend.

unregistered sounds scary; 2-5 weeks shipping with no tracking number o.o

fuck it I'll bite. If the package is gone, I'll chalk it up as a breather for my stuffed closet.

Go for registered then :) That one has some insurance, I think. Though I'm not really sure if that would help at all if your package got lost :( (Buying online is always a gamble... )

Conceptor

Those of you guys in Toronto and whom won't be attending Valve's TI4, there's a Dota 2 viewing event going on through this link - https://www.picatic.com/TI4Toronto

The guy who organised last years is once again organising it this year. He is going to TI4 but he has said that he is going to make sure everything runs smoothly in his absence. Was pretty fun last year and I figured others might want to check it out.

There is a second event going on at the TIFF through a second group, but it seems unconfirmed as the organiser hasn't been able to prove that the venue is rented out yet.

Sadly no shipping notice yet for my ps4 watch dogs from bestbuy. Being in manitoba, hopefully it will get delivered by weeks end.

Alberta here, mine got shipped last night but it's not in transit yet, like it's held by Canada Post which is different than any other shipment, hopefully they won't delay it on purpose cause it says expected delivery is Wednesday!

ohlawd

Go for registered then :) That one has some insurance, I think. Though I'm not really sure if that would help at all if your package got lost :( (Buying online is always a gamble... )
but registered raises my chances of getting hit by customs, doesn't it?

odd as it sounds, my number one priority is no customs, not losing my package.

bryt

but registered raises my chances of getting hit by customs, doesn't it?

odd as it sounds, my number one priority is no customs, not losing my package.

I'm in Vancouver and I've been buying about 1 figure a month ($40-$120) from AmiAmi for 1.5 years now. Used unregistered shipping every time except when I was forced to use EMS since the item was too big to fit in SAL (Unregistered). I haven't been hit by custom once with unregistered, only when I used EMS.

The package takes anywhere from 2 weeks to a month to get here.

Sadly no shipping notice yet for my ps4 watch dogs from bestbuy. Being in manitoba, hopefully it will get delivered by weeks end.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I've never had anything arrive on time from Best Buy and it makes me a bit angry. I'll probably just go to the store on Tuesday and buy a copy, and return the online copy when it decides to arrive (usually 10 days).

ohlawd

I'm in Vancouver and I've been buying about 1 figure a month ($40-$120) from AmiAmi for 1.5 years now. Used unregistered shipping every time except when I was forced to use EMS since the item was too big to fit in SAL (Unregistered). I haven't been hit by custom once with unregistered, only when I used EMS.

The package takes anywhere from 2 weeks to a month to get here.
Thank you for your input. I'll order later since I'm tired.

Can someone post me their invoice from Future Shop online for Watch Dogs at $49.99?

My car broke down so I won't make it to Future Shop to PM my Amazon Canada invoice at the same price. There is a Wal Mart in walking distance however.

Would be much appreciated! Usual edits for names and personal info of course.

djblue89

I've got the Day 1 edition of Watch Dogs on PS4 pre-ordered, but knowing FS I won't get it shipped to my house by Tuesday, do you think that FS will have the day 1 edition (what ever that is) in store ?

Top Bottom