• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

MesH

I've got the Day 1 edition of Watch Dogs on PS4 pre-ordered, but knowing FS I won't get it shipped to my house by Tuesday, do you think that FS will have the day 1 edition (what ever that is) in store ?

So far every time I have pre-ordered from FS they haven't shipped till release day and I don't get it till Friday that week, or the Monday after.

Ordered Watch Dogs from BB when they had that 15% off sale, got shipped Friday with estimated ETA Wednesday Delivery, very happy with that. I can wait one day from release.
Looks like I will be ordering from BB online.

Funny thing is when I deal with BB and FS in store I have always had a much better in store experience with FS, and BB being the absolute worst ever on more than one occasion. I will never purchase extended warranty from them again it is more pain than it is worth. One time I purchased a Stereo receiver from BB, and my debit card was charged but it did not come through on there side, took over an hour to find a Manager and get things corrected before I could walk out with my new purchase.

I've got the Day 1 edition of Watch Dogs on PS4 pre-ordered, but knowing FS I won't get it shipped to my house by Tuesday, do you think that FS will have the day 1 edition (what ever that is) in store ?

I'd usually say yes but this pre-order has been there since last year because it was supposed to be a launch game for the new consoles. So Im not sure.

However I think when you purchase game in store look for the item number and see if it is matched with the shipped copy of your game.

So far every time I have pre-ordered from FS they haven't shipped till release day and I don't get it till Friday that week, or the Monday after.

Ordered Watch Dogs from BB when they had that 15% off sale, got shipped Friday with estimated ETA Wednesday Delivery, very happy with that. I can wait one day from release.
Looks like I will be ordering from BB online.

Funny thing is when I deal with BB and FS in store I have always had a much better in store experience with FS, and BB being the absolute worst ever on more than one occasion. I will never purchase extended warranty from them again it is more pain than it is worth. One time I purchased a Stereo receiver from BB, and my debit card was charged but it did not come through on there side, took over an hour to find a Manager and get things corrected before I could walk out with my new purchase.

Where abouts are you?

I find Futureshop to be exceptionally fast (like usually i'll get shipment confirm at 6pm the night before and I receive the next day at 10 AM) out here in Vancouver but I think one of their 2 main hubs is in Richmond... I think* their other one is in Hamilton... ? or Mississauga?

Anony

man, i wish i preordered mario kart 8 with last year's e3 deal...
i'm guessing there's no deal to speak of to get it, 65$ is pretty steep

anyone interested in splitting MK8 and the promo game?

gzero

Just got my E3 preorder shipping notice for Watch_Dogs. Usually takes a couple days to get to the east coast. Going to be a long week!

Can someone post me their invoice from Future Shop online for Watch Dogs at $49.99?

My car broke down so I won't make it to Future Shop to PM my Amazon Canada invoice at the same price. There is a Wal Mart in walking distance however.

Would be much appreciated! Usual edits for names and personal info of course.

Can anyone help?

Trying to decide that for tonight actually. X-men, Godzilla or Captain America: TWS

Hmmmmmmm

Haven't seen Godzilla yet, but the new Cap was actually pretty great =] Most of the Marvel movies have received a 'meh' opinion from me except for The Avengers, but TWS is as good and exciting to watch as TA.

ohlawd

this reminds me of those cineplex ticket deals we got last year.

I misplaced mine so I gotta find them. Don't tell me they expire soon.

See cap.

I saw Godzilla tonight and it was disappointing and frustrating. You'll know what I mean when you see it.

really? i've been wanting to watch it because 1) i have seen the japanese movies 2) walter white is in it and 3) a lot of people liked it

but then again x-men has glowing reviews everywhere.

-Deimos

really? i've been wanting to watch it because 1) i have seen the japanese movies 2) walter white is in it and 3) a lot of people liked it

but then again x-men has glowing reviews everywhere.

One of those reasons will disappoint you greatly. Overall the movie was still good.

ohlawd

cool, thanks. Load off my mind.

I've been going to the movies by my lonesome for the better part of the decade. Feels good, man!

Kinda.

gzero

Just got my E3 preorder shipping notice for Watch_Dogs. Usually takes a couple days to get to the east coast. Going to be a long week!

Est delivery now showing 3 days. I don't suppose Futureshop makes it easy to return E3 preorders if I wanted to just buy the digital version at launch instead?

Hmm. I have a feeling I won't have my Watch Dogs until Thursday.

Is the Day One edition from E3 the same as the one we can buy in store at FS on Tuesday?

For those of us that got in on the Lenovo fiasco there could be a report on Global news (Ontario only?) tonight. sos@globalnews.ca is looking for people's experiences on the matter.

Looks like this far beyond a simple "price error".

So, it looks like Watch_Dogs will be delivered today. Thanks Amazon, actually really surprised it's already out for delivery. Expected arrival was Wednesday originally.

Still no refund from Lenovo.

zroid

Banned
I only had 3 items in that order. Would I get a full refund ($40) or is it adjusted based on a 2 item discount?

full refund

it only gets complicated when you attempt to cancel individual items before they've shipped. returning is harmless.

LkPr

No shipping confirmation on my BB Watch_Dogs pre-order yet :( Doubt I'll be getting it tomorrow. I have never had luck with BB pre-orders, I don't understand why it's so difficult for them to ship a game on-time. Especially considering I live 45 mins from the distribution center.

flkraven

Still no refund from Lenovo.

Same. Was told 48 hours on friday, but I guess I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and only count business days. Wednesday is my call back day.

Also, what in the heck is global news going to talk about? What was this beyond a simple website error?

For those of us that got in on the Lenovo fiasco there could be a report on Global news (Ontario only?) tonight. sos@globalnews.ca is looking for people's experiences on the matter.

Looks like this far beyond a simple "price error".

Tsundere

Banned
Same. Was told 48 hours on friday, but I guess I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and only count business days. Wednesday is my call back day.

Also, what in the heck is global news going to talk about? What was this beyond a simple website error?

Their response to the fiasco, random cancellations, closing people's accounts so you can't check your order status, etc.

Dell.ca is still at it with the inflated MSRP of $500.00 for the PS4. I guess they take the 'suggested' part of that quite literally. Not sure why this annoys me so much but it really does. smh

Dell_zps26981ad6.jpg

Their response to the fiasco, random cancellations, closing people's accounts so you can't check your order status, etc.

Leaving the ads and banners up even after the mass cancellation emails, kept taking orders, charged us immediately and still haven't refunded us.

Also my email order status still works but my account is either frozen or erased altogether.

Tik-Tok

Leaving the ads and banners up even after the mass cancellation emails, kept taking orders, charged us immediately and still haven't refunded us.

Also my email order status still works but my account is either frozen or erased altogether.

Man, I placed an order, they charged my credit card, and then I got the e-mail telling me it didn't go through.
OK no big deal thats pretty much what I expected to happen (minus the part where they charged my credit card without ever having any intention of shipping a product)
I try to log in to my account and it says the password is wrong or something similar. I know I'm putting in the right password but it won't take it. So I try the password reset and it sends the e-mail, I click the link, and put in my info and choose a password and it gives me an error about URL tampering. So I can't even log in to fucking check the status.

krae_man

The refund taking forever thing is more of a bank problem then a Lenovo problem. Granted, if they just didn't charge people until the product ships like everyone else they wouldn't have that problem. However, I know where I work if I charge a customers card, it goes through immediately and posts to the customers account in like 24 hours. Refunds take up to 5 business days. Banks love to take your money right away so they can start earning interest on it right away but they take their sweet ass time for refunds.

Tsundere

Banned
I think the way Lenovo is handling this situation is going to bite them in the ass and they'll be ordered to fulfill at least a portion of the orders.

Razdek

Banned
I think the way Lenovo is handling this situation is going to bite them in the ass and they'll be ordered to fulfill at least a portion of the orders.

Jesus Christ people still have hope they're going to get a laptop? Just give it up already and move on or go back to RFD and whine with the other classy people still hoping to get theirs.

Dunlop

I never use the Visa that I put the Lenova on, I wasn't 100% sure it wasn't a scam so I chose a card with a low max balance.

Are you charged as soon as you received the "sent to manufacturing" notice or do you get an e-mail that says you were charged?

Top Bottom