• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

UberTag

I think the way Lenovo is handling this situation is going to bite them in the ass and they'll be ordered to fulfill at least a portion of the orders.
Depends on how much heat they take when (and if) the media decides to pour gasoline onto the fire. Seeing how order status pages haven't updated yet in a lot of cases there are probably people who haven't even realized their orders have been cancelled yet.

If refunds aren't diligently furnished given the scale of the consumer audience impacted, it could get real ugly. Perhaps RFD will organize a protest day and get people to march on Lenovo's North York offices en masse later this week.

Sealtest

full refund

it only gets complicated when you attempt to cancel individual items before they've shipped. returning is harmless.

Does doing this effect your other orders? Say i have 3 in an order and i return one of the games when it ships 2 me, Will my online order be changed at all?

Tsundere

Banned
Jesus Christ people still have hope they're going to get a laptop? Just give it up already and move on or go back to RFD and whine with the other classy people still hoping to get theirs.

Jesus Christ people assume a lot.

I don't care if I get it or not, but I wouldn't be upset if did get one either.

I don't think I'm entitled to get one, but I don't think Lenovo is really handling this situation well at all. There are a few news outlets interviewing people for news stories for tonight.

Jesus Christ people still have hope they're going to get a laptop? Just give it up already and move on or go back to RFD and whine with the other classy people still hoping to get theirs.

What's sad is that I was looking at Lenovo laptops for quite some time now. In fact I browsed the site the morning of the incident checking out the idea pad U line!

Now with this horrible business practice I am not interested in this company anymore. Also I can't even use my account to buy a laptop if I tried!

zroid

Banned
Does doing this effect your other orders? Say i have 3 in an order and i return one of the games when it ships 2 me, Will my online order be changed at all?

Nope, that's what I meant about individual item cancellations behaving differently. If you try to cancel that game before it ships, your order will be adjusted. If you return it after it ships, nothing changes.

My guess is that their online ordering system is automated and the sheer number of orders is making it difficult to reverse all of them. Frankly it's to be expected. The media attention is a bit bizarre but I guess some have never seen a price error before.

frequency

The Lenovo thing happened exactly as was expected based on previous Lenovo price errors. People got too caught up in the situation I guess.

krae_man

I just sent an email to the customer support email Lenovo tweeted.

"Hi, I ordered the following *order number and customer number*, I would appreciate it if you honor your advertised price.

Thanks,

-krae_man

See what happens in case the resolution is of the "Squeaky wheel gets the grease" variety. No use getting invested or cranky. Going to be interesting to see what happens regardless.

Returners

I just sent an email to the customer support email Lenovo tweeted.

See what happens in case the resolution is of the "Squeaky wheel gets the grease" variety. No use getting invested or cranky. Going to be interesting to see what happens regardless.

Don't let us know you've succeeded

the floodgates are going to open if this works

UberTag

I'm sitting back and letting the chaos play itself out.
If someone gets something free out of this, I will be poised to pounce to take advantage of the "me too" effect.
Otherwise, I won't be hassling Lenovo unless my refund takes longer than a week to be reimbursed.

I'm sitting back and letting the chaos play itself out.
If someone gets something free out of this, I will be poised to pounce to take advantage of the "me too" effect.
Otherwise, I won't be hassling Lenovo unless my refund takes longer than a week to be reimbursed.

Yerp, my plan as well.

@nlynnbogart at Global News is asking people to get in touch with her if they haven't seen their Lenovo refunds yet.

It tends to take a couple of days for refunds or even purchases to show up on a card.

When did Lenovo announce the error and claim to start issuing refunds?

antibolo

Banned
Publishers that overprice their games in Canada can go fuck themselves. There's no way I'm going to willingly pay more for a game while knowing it's priced lower in the US, that would just make me a tool.

And the fact that not all publishers have jumped on the overpricing bandwagon only makes those who do look like fucking crooks.

I hope this bullshit will not last. The last time they tried to pull that nonsense on us (around 2008 I think??) it didn't last long. Hopefully the same will happen now.

zroid

Banned
do yourself a favour and don't go on a Tuesday, the cheaper price just isn't worth the total gong show that it is

Eh, I wouldn't see a movie in its opening week on a Tuesday unless I were able to go for a matinée, but if you wait 2-3 weeks, which is what I normally do, it's not an issue. (Buy your tickets online, of course.)

Patience pays off.

So I can't even log in to fucking check the status.

Here
. You can check by going to th elink and using your email and order number which you can find in the confirmation email you got after you placed your order.

Is anyone status still "Released to Manufacturing"? The mass email that was sent only said they intend to cancel the order. I don't know if mine is still in the system or not. Either cancel the order and give me my refund or send the laptop. None of this 'no mans land' bullshit.

Tsundere

Banned

Here
. You can check by going to th elink and using your email and order number which you can find in the confirmation email you got after you placed your order.

Is anyone status still "Released to Manufacturing"? The mass email that was sent only said they intend to cancel the order. I don't know if mine is still in the system or not. Either cancel the order and give me my refund or send the laptop. None of this 'no mans land' bullshit.
Mine is still in Released to Manufacturing as well.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Any fellow gaffers from Toronto have experience in pre ordering games from Futureshop.ca? Do they happen to be like bestbuy.ca and ebgames.ca and ship the day before release?

krae_man

Sometimes they ship the night before, sometimes they ship on on Sunday, sometimes it's the Thursday or Friday before. It's random.

UberTag

I'm also in Released to Manufacturing limbo.
At least they got the order number on my cancellation E-Mail correct. They've evidently screwed that up for a bunch of people.

suikodan

Here

Yeah, mine still says "Released to Manufacturing" as well yet I received the email last week.

tkalamba

Yeah, mine still says "Released to Manufacturing" as well yet I received the email last week.

I have one that out right says cancelled, and another order that says the same as you.

I also received two cancellation emails, but only one actually had the correct Order ID associated with it.

Originally I thought the cancellation email was specifically stating my order was cancelled. But after reading it more closely and seeing some posts on rfd it's just a generic mass email sent to all orders with the intention cancelling the orders.

I really hope it doesn't take up to a month until they finally cancel.

I've got a code to get a discount on a Rio 2 ticket at Cineplex's website (think it's $7.50 off?) that expires on May 31st. My uncle wasn't able to use it but he likely misheard when I gave him the code, so it's free for anyone interested.

PM me if so.

ElNino

Any fellow gaffers from Toronto have experience in pre ordering games from Futureshop.ca? Do they happen to be like bestbuy.ca and ebgames.ca and ship the day before release?
Sometimes they do, but not always. I don't think I've ever had to wait more than a day though to get a pre-ordered game.

Takuan

Day 1 all day every day from all major online retailers.

They all ship out of warehouses in Missisauga, I think.

Razdek

Banned
Jesus Christ people assume a lot.

I don't care if I get it or not, but I wouldn't be upset if did get one either.

I don't think I'm entitled to get one, but I don't think Lenovo is really handling this situation well at all. There are a few news outlets interviewing people for news stories for tonight.

I agree they handled it wrong but to keep bringing it up in the thread or clinging for a loophole that you'll get it because your status is in RTM or the order numbers don't match therefore it's still coming is dumb.

Sign the petition, call your MLA, write to the Prime Minister, go picket outside their offices all you want but it's not going to get you that laptop. Just move onto the next deal and forget about it. This isn't an attack at you but for all the people that think there's still a chance.

Razdek

Banned
What's sad is that I was looking at Lenovo laptops for quite some time now. In fact I browsed the site the morning of the incident checking out the idea pad U line!

Now with this horrible business practice I am not interested in this company anymore. Also I can't even use my account to buy a laptop if I tried!

Yea the best thing you can do is speak with your wallet and avoid the brand if it means that much to you. There's always sales going on so you just have to keep looking.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I hope they reverse the charge soon... I assumed that it'd be cancelled from the email they sent out but I checked my statement and nope.

If anyone in Vancouver is looking for a PS4 copy of Watch_Dogs (Day 1 Edition), I'm selling my unopened copy for $60 cash. I'm going digital, baby.

ahdurian

Day 1 all day every day from all major online retailers.

They all ship out of warehouses in Missisauga, I think.

it's not always Day1
I live in Etobicoke, and every time I've ordered from FS, I've got it like 1-2 days later, but never same day.
Bravely Default for example I got 2 days after release even though I preordere during E3.

So, does anyone know where the Futureshop "Day One" Edition of Watch Dogs falls in this chart?

watch-dogs-preorders.jpg

Top Bottom