• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Anyone know if Diablo 3 X360, and Assassin's Creed 4 and COD ghosts on PS3 would trade in for at least $10 each at EB for the trade 3 for watchdogs? Also will they do it at midnight and is there a time they have to stay open until? Don't want to be a dick and do a bunch of trade-ins while they're just trying to get people in and out, otherwise I'll just do it a different day.

editish: I did check TIVs.ca it's just outdated a bit.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone know if Diablo 3 X360, and Assassin's Creed 4 and COD ghosts on PS3 would trade in for at least $10 each at EB for the trade 3 for watchdogs? Also will they do it at midnight and is there a time they have to stay open until? Don't want to be a dick and do a bunch of trade-ins while they're just trying to get people in and out, otherwise I'll just do it a different day.

For the prices you have to go in. As for midnight openings, that only happens if a store gets 15 or more pre-orders.

For the prices you have to go in. As for midnight openings, that only happens if a store gets 15 or more pre-orders.

Yeah I was just wondering if anyone had traded any of them in recently, particularly Diablo 3, since I won't have a chance to stop in. Sorry I also meant will they do the trade in at midnight not if they were doing one, seems like most stores are at least open at midnight according to their website, although it says it may change so maybe I'll try to call if class ends early.

NYR

Ha, got my copy of watch dogs early in the mail! Just played the first mission, good stuff!

Edit - with pics:
hAxvxak.jpg

CIslry6.jpg

jet1911

I've been browsing like everyday. Can't find cheaper xbox ones, what I'm finding is lots of bundles with Xbox live, extra controllers and games. No reduced price of the vanilla XB1.

There's a coupon for a 20x optimum points this wenesday. I'm buying a One with the coupon so it should give me plenty of points to spend later. The SDM near me has the Forza 5 bundle for 500$, not too bad.

Tagg9

Hilarious! If anything, this will certainly help if Lenovo takes too long to refund.

Yeah, I doubt Lenovo is going to change their mind (I'm guessing it would cost them about ~$500 per laptop selling it at that price, and I'd say at least 10,000 people bought the laptop, for a total loss of $5 million). But this had better speed up their refund process.

I don't know if they'll do trade-ins at a midnight opening, but those 3 games should get $10+ at EB (they're relatively new, D3 has retained its value since release).

Dr.brain64

Hey guys i'm wondering if i should get the lenovo laptop (the one that was for 299)

The specs for the laptop are pretty good - Do you know any better deal or else i think i might buy it since i need one soon. price: $799 and i think the deal ends this wednesday!

NYR

I know it's still early but what your impressions of the game so far
It's like Grand Theft Auto + Hitman + Assassins Creed.

I really like it. The graphics aren't great but they aren't terrible, either. I wasn't expecting e3 level graphics, but they didn't blow me away. A lot of npc's and they just don't stand around like idiots.

It's like Grand Theft Auto + Hitman + Assassins Creed.

I really like it. The graphics aren't great but they aren't terrible, either. I wasn't expecting e3 level graphics, but they didn't blow me away. A lot of npc's and they just don't stand around like idiots.

Alright I hope it's more like GTA & Hitman than AC. If the game is good I hope Ubi didn't screw up the PC version

i-Jest

List so I'll be on top of preorders when the deal is up

Hyrule Warriors
Zelda U
Bayonetta 2
Smash Wii U
X
SMT x FE

Sunset Overdrive
Halo 5
Quantum Break
Halo MS Collection (well, it's gonna happen, right?)

Pokemon ORAS
Smash 3DS
Monster Hunter 4

Tomodachi Life will be out before E3. Shinovi Versus and Danganronpa 2 aren't going to be up for preorder at BS/FS. Got room in there for unannounced stuff (omg omg Phantom Dust, the trademark and shit it's gonna happen pls pls)

I'm all set, man.

Welcome! Hope for a deal on pillows soon!

I will be doing some reorders for damn sure if deals turn out to be better than FS After Hours Sale.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I got Sly Cooper a day early! I'm cool too, right guys?

Looks and runs surprisingly well, I'm almost through the first one.
I was thinking of grabbing this today actually. Glad to hear it runs well.

My copy was picked up by Canada Post a few hours ago but the expected date is the 28th. Better be wrong.

I'm in your boat.

I'm guessing the Day One edition is the same on they are selling in stores since that is the "in stock" sku on Future Shop's website. I will buy one today and just return the one I receive in the mail.

I know the SKU for my shipped E3 copy is 10264188.

I think the tag with the price will have the SKU on it. Might need the webid too?

LkPr

I'm in your boat.

I'm guessing the Day One edition is the same on they are selling in stores since that is the "in stock" sku on Future Shop's website. I will buy one today and just return the one I receive in the mail.

Have you done this before and had any problems doing so? I'm the same as you, BestBuy shipped yesterday but for some reason Canada Post isn't delivering until tomorrow. I am really tempted to go get it on my lunch today and then just return the one that comes in teh mail tomorrow.

Top Bottom