• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Canada Post absolutely blows in my area when it comes to reliability and/or tracking. My Watch Dogs tracking lists as being in Richmond BC since yesterday morning. Ridiculous.
Thankfully Amazon Prime uses UPS which, for me, is almost always reliable and on time. On the odd occasion that they use Canada Post, it’s almost always late. Grrrrrrrrrr
I live fairly close to the shipping warehouses Best Buy, Amazon, Future Shop, and EB Games use so I usually receive everything on launch day. Today was just a massive fuck up on Canada Posts part.

kitzkozan

They say the $100 coupons will stack with all existing sale prices. So discounts going forward will be $100 worse to account for the coupons.

Also just watch, they'll forget about these coupons and Some other Laptop will be available for $150 or something and they will cancel those too.

I was hoping for a 200$ coupon, since it could amount to a very good deal if you think about it. :) Looking back on my failed purchase, I would pick the y510p just for that 1920 x 1080p screen. For 709$ that would actually be a solid deal since even with the pricing bug it did cost 509 or 799 for the high end model.

LkPr

I live fairly close to the shipping warehouses Best Buy, Amazon, Future Shop, and EB Games use so I usually receive everything on launch day. Today was just a massive fuck up on Canada Posts part.

I would hope so, lol. I live like 30 mins from their distribution center in Mississauga and this is the second time they have failed to get me something on release date (the first was my PS4...) . I am still waiting for 2 E3 pre-orders (Destiny and Diablo 3) so I am really hoping they can redeem themselves on those.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I would hope so, lol. I live like 30 mins from their distribution center in Mississauga and this is the second time they have failed to get me something on release date (the first was my PS4...) . I am still waiting for 2 E3 pre-orders (Destiny and Diablo 3) so I am really hoping they can redeem themselves on those.

Heh, my PS4 didn't arrive at launch as well, but that's because Amazon.ca thought it was a fantastic idea to ship a "Launch Edition" on launch day.

Is there a US version of this thread? I've looked, but can't find one.

Any thread that Wario 64 (used to) start.

Most worthwhile US game deals get their own threads so I think a dedicated one was not considered necessary

I think it is time and worthwhile to start one anyway. The threads that are opened are only for Bomba's that are too good of a deal. There aren't threads for games that are $10 off and such. Might as well make an OT.

balohna

I think it is time and worthwhile to start one anyway. The threads that are opened are only for Bomba's that are too good of a deal. There aren't threads for games that are $10 off and such. Might as well make an OT.

You also need a place to bitch about shipping companies and find out about cheap pillows.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Love living in downtown Vancouver, my Watch Dogs was delivered at 8:30AM :)

Sadly mine didn't arrive quite that early, but it was here by 10am. Took it back at lunch time since there is no way my computer will run it. Computer fucked up the return and they refunded full MSRP instead of my E3 discount price.

Love living in downtown Vancouver, my Watch Dogs was delivered at 8:30AM :)

Love living in downtown Toronto, as far as I can tell Watch Dogs hasn't even gotten to the final post hub before it's out for delivery. It's set to be delivered tomorrow. At which point it'll probably be redirected to a post office because Future Shop are jerks. DROP SHIP YOU MORONS.

UberTag

http://shop.lenovo.com/ca/en/landingpage/canada-pricing-statement/index.html?__followRobots=true

Still no mention of refunds.

And my order is still not cancelled despite what they said.
Their stance is that credit cards have had funds held but not fully charged and that will be cleared up at the discretion of the financial institution in charge of the card. Presumably one could call up their credit card company and qualify independently that the funds had simply been held and hadn't gone anywhere.

As for debit cards that's a different story altogether. I know my funds left my bank account and haven't been "held" at all.

Hey Vancouver GAF, last time I'll mention that I'm selling my PS4 copy of Watch Dogs: Special Edition for 60 bucks cash. Putting the ad up online, but always prefer to do business with people in this thread. I'll throw in a pillow to make it worth your while.

(I will not throw in a pillow to make it worth your while)

krae_man

The $300 or so difference between my Credit cards balance and available credit vanished today. So my bank finally released the monies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The other thing is that a lot of the deal guys are all on CAG. For better or worse, Canada-CAG sort of died off (I think like half the people here were on there as well), so this just took over.

UberTag

The $300 or so difference between my Credit cards balance and available credit vanished today. So my bank finally released the monies.
Yeah, I've been hearing that echoed by most people who paid via credit card.
The debit card purchasers will likely be waiting a little while longer yet.

Anony

i'm going to attempt to price match MK8 at fs/bb vs video game plus which still sells for 60$
what are my chances on saturday?

xCobalt

Just got Watch Dogs. Preordered it at Futureshop and the tracking says it's supposed to arrive tomorrow. I don't think I've ever gotten a Canada Post package at this time before.

UberTag

If the GAF hub bub is any indication, I suspect Watch Dogs will break sales records regardless of whether it has any merit in doing so or not.

I just hope Ubisoft takes the profits they'll make and invest it in making the next Watch Dogs installment a better game.
And preferably without Aiden Pearce. Actually, he should be the next game's villain. Hacker vs. hacker warfare. That could be fun.

Returners

Ugh, Ubisoft should stop using these tapes that they keep the Limited Edition in place.

I carefully trying to pry it off and the paint of the box comes off.

Yeah, I've been hearing that echoed by most people who paid via credit card.
The debit card purchasers will likely be waiting a little while longer yet.

Is there anything we can do on our end? I would have avoided all this if I had known they would charge me immediately. It's insane they have yet to say anything about it as well.

Dazzler

I'm in Vancouver and didn't get Watch Dogs today

wtf

It was with Canada Post yesterday morning and never flipped over to out for delivery status today

Well my Watch Dogs was picked up by Canada Post on Friday, this usually happens and I get the games on Monday one day early, this time apparently FS/BB asked CP to hold those shipments and it didn't go in transit until Sunday night, it said delivered on Tuesday, well it's not here yet probably tomorrow and I'm in Calgary! I'd blame FS/BB for that!

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody has experience here with selling pc hardware on ebay? Kinda nervous about dicks doing chargeback on paypal after I sent them the item...

koopas

Anybody has experience here with selling pc hardware on ebay? Kinda nervous about dicks doing chargeback on paypal after I sent them the item...
This risk isn't specific to pc hardware. If you ship via canada post purchase insurance and take lots of photos.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Lenovo finally cancelled my order, but they're still holding the charge on my credit card :/

If my credit card actually gets charged, I don't think I'm buying a Lenovo product ever again.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Lenovo finally cancelled my order, but they're still holding the charge on my credit card :/

If my credit card actually gets charged, I don't think I'm buying a Lenovo product ever again.

Mine is still listed as release to manufacturing and my card still has a missing $300 off my limit. It's still
not
happening!

MarkusRJR

Why is the twitch app for Xbox One broken in Canada? I've had my Xbox One since launch yet twitch has never worked. It just has a black screen where the stream should be, then crashes every time. It's been months. I even sent an email to both MS and Twitch support about this. This is ridiculous.

i-Jest

Why is the twitch app for Xbox One broken in Canada? I've had my Xbox One since launch yet twitch has never worked. It just has a black screen where the stream should be, then crashes every time. It's been months. I even sent an email to both MS and Twitch support about this. This is ridiculous.

Is this a common problem? Has it been talked about online?

In canada, never had this problem myself

Never had a problem, though I don't use it often

MarkusRJR

Okay WTF? I went out of my way to purchase two $100 future shop gift cards so I wouldn't reach my Paypal's $500 limit on a laptop I was purchasing, but even after applying the gift cards to the order it charged me $650. WTF do I do? I'm going to have issues with my account if they try to charge me.

Can someone help?

EDIT: So I go and see the order and it says the cards have $0.00 on each, but when I check the balance it has $100.00. When I try to remove and reapply them to the order it refuses to add them. What a horrible website. Fuck this.

Sajjaja

Okay WTF? I went out of my way to purchase two $100 future shop gift cards so I wouldn't reach my Paypal's $500 limit on a laptop I was purchasing, but even after applying the gift cards to the order it charged me $650. WTF do I do? I'm going to have issues with my account if they try to charge me.

Can someone help?

I believe there is a limit of 2 methods of payments online, though I'm not 100% sure. Best bet is to call them up.

MarkusRJR

I believe there is a limit of 2 methods of payments online, though I'm not 100% sure. Best bet is to call them up.
On the website FAQ it says you can use up to two gift cards with credit card or paypal or three credit cards if used without a credit card or paypal.

It seems to just be adding the cards to the order but not taking off any money from the gift cards.

EDIT: After looking through more of the FAQ's on FS's site I found this nugget of info:

When you use both PayPal and gift card(s) to make a purchase, the total amount of the order will be sent through to PayPal but we will still use the gift card’s value towards your order before processing the outstanding balance with PayPal.

Does this mean I'm fine? It's showing the card numbers in the transaction (I haven't been able to remove and reapply them so I never confirmed any changes I tried to make) but it still shows $0.00 beside the cards.

Top Bottom