• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Have you done this before and had any problems doing so? I'm the same as you, BestBuy shipped yesterday but for some reason Canada Post isn't delivering until tomorrow. I am really tempted to go get it on my lunch today and then just return the one that comes in teh mail tomorrow.

Yeah, I have done this plenty of times. You just return the sealed copy you had shipped to you with the receipt you received in store.

The only reason I'm concerned this time is the "Day 1 Edition" attached to the preorder copy. But it seems the one being sold in stores today is also referred to as the Day 1 Edition.

LkPr

Yeah, I have done this plenty of times. You just return the sealed copy you had shipped to you with the receipt you received in store.

The only reason I'm concerned this time is the "Day 1 Edition" attached to the preorder copy. But it seems the one being sold in stores today is also referred to as the Day 1 Edition.

Perfect, thanks. Will be heading to BB at lunch!

LkPr

Do anyone know how this will work.. BestBuy has a promo on where you get $40 off the cost of the Gold Wireless headset with the purchase of Watch_Dogs. If I go today and buy watchdogs and the headset but end up returning Watch_dogs will I have to pay anything additional for the headset?

Do anyone know how this will work.. BestBuy has a promo on where you get $40 off the cost of the Gold Wireless headset with the purchase of Watch_Dogs. If I go today and buy watchdogs and the headset but end up returning Watch_dogs will I have to pay anything additional for the headset?

You'd have to return both or pay the difference.

However, in your case I'd use the online receipt to return the game you get in the mail and keep the discount on the headphones.

djblue89

Alright, so I just got back from FS and the SKU code is the same for the day 1 edition that I got shipped and the one I picked up in store. The only thing is that I got a steelbook, so I can't open that up since I will be returning the game tomorrow when I receive my other copy.

Here is a picture of the game. Hope this helps.
BopckyKCcAA1W3L.jpg

frequency

It was on the main site. I used the main site as I was told about the deal before I went to rfd.

It was fixed on the main site relatively quickly. You can even see in the thread people saying, "The deal is dead now". But these articles claim it wasn't fixed all weekend and stuff, neglecting to mention it was the private links that people were publicly sharing.

Or that the picture said it was 126% off. Which is impossible. So people knew it was an error and tried to take advantage yet they claim they were "bait and switched" by it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait-and-switch
I don't think it applies here. But whatever.

Megasoum

Banned
/$%$/"%/"$%/$%/$%/$ Kijiji bullshit....

Second time I have a buyer choking on me right before the transaction. I fucking hate that website and its stupid users.

beta_fuse

/$%$/"%/"$%/$%/$%/$ Kijiji bullshit....

Second time I have a buyer choking on me right before the transaction. I fucking hate that website and its stupid users.

I've usually don't have any problems with people I sell to on Kijiji and I also live in Montreal (assuming you live there based on your Avatar).

Also with all the talks of retailers breaking release date in the Mario Kart 8 thread, I was curious to know if any of you have been lucky enough to get the game early somewhere in Canada?

khaaan

Are they all in one cart or is one or more a code? Didn't another collection do that?

1 and 2 on cart + a download voucher for 3.

Take your time. Its all downhill from here.

:(

I was thinking of grabbing this today actually. Glad to hear it runs well.

The frame rate is pretty rock solid for the most part though there are occasional hiccoughs if there's a lot of effects or something going on.

Also, alisasing
(It never looks this bad, screenshots make it look worse than it is and I picked the worst possible screen I could get)

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Stupid fucking Canada Post didn't pick up my copy of Watch Dogs from Future Shop until this morning, so no Watch Dogs for me today. :(

Might just pick it up at EB Games and return the FS one. Does the EB Games version have an EB/GameStop logo on it like the Target ones?

LkPr

Went out and bought Watch_Dogs from BB because I'm too impatient to wait until Canada Post delivers my E3 order tomorrow... SKU is the same 10264188. Will be returning the one I finally get tomorrow lol

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda off-topic, but do any of you know a "good" way to sell printable show tickets? I understand why people on Kijiji are wary of buying those, because it would be pretty easy for the seller to just re-print the tickets and go earlier...

I bought tickets for the Queens of the Stone Age show in Montreal in July, but I can't go after all. I want to sell them to at least get some of my money back, but since I only have printable tickets, it's gonna be hard to sell those to a stranger I guess. Any way to trade them for "real" tickets, or something...?

Oneself

I bought printed hockey tickets through billets.ca and it worked perfectly.

Also, you're missing QOTSA's best lineup ever, by far.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I bought printed hockey tickets through billets.ca and it worked perfectly.

Also, you're missing QOTSA's best lineup ever, by far.

Oh, don't worry; I'll see them the day after in Quebec City. :)

And thanks for the billets.ca mention, I didn't know that one. I'll look into it!

Palehorse

Seems like Canada Post didn't pick it up until today despite the tracking labels being created yesterday and that it happened to quite a few people.

Mine got picked up at 3pm yesterday but usually it's out for delivery by now (Victoria). The fact that it's not speaks volumes for my delivery date. The tracking says they expect delivery today, but how can I trust that when it hasn't been updated since last night at midnight.

Also, the tracking said 'In Transit' with a timestamp of 12:19....at 10:20 last night. Now Canada Post can predict the future.

Mind you...I have had delivery and the tracking not get updated until after the fact.

Hope springs eternal!

(Sorry to those who don't like ShippingCANGAF)

UberTag

Official statement from Lenovo Canada relating to their IdeaPad price error snafu has just been leaked to Global tech reporter Nicole Bogart (@nlynnbogart).
Her recent tweets are as follows.

"The error mistakenly allowed a “doorbuster” e-coupon to be combined with an instant savings discount price." #Lenovogate

Spokesperson tells me #Lenovo will offer customers w/ cancelled orders $100 towards their NEXT purchase. "Gesture of goodwill." #Lenovogate

Statement goes on to say, "We deeply regret any inconvenience this error has caused." #Lenovogate

krae_man

#BREAKING #Lenovo's answer to the laptop debacle: $100 off purchase of next Lenovo laptop. Statement just in from company. Uh oh.

"Save $100 on a laptop that is already overpriced by at least $100" What a deal!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
#BREAKING #Lenovo's answer to the laptop debacle: $100 off purchase of next Lenovo laptop. Statement just in from company. Uh oh.

"Save $100 on a laptop that is already overpriced by at least $100" What a deal!
This is what they should have done anyway. No one would have used the coupon. lol

Went out and bought Watch_Dogs from BB because I'm too impatient to wait until Canada Post delivers my E3 order tomorrow... SKU is the same 10264188. Will be returning the one I finally get tomorrow lol

Yeah, I grabbed the last copy they had at my local Future Shop. Glad I managed to get one. Didn't expect it to be sold out so quickly.

I probably will need to pick up my Canada Post copy from the post office on Thursday. I'm too impatient for that.

Official statement from Lenovo Canada relating to their IdeaPad price error snafu has just been leaked to Global tech reporter Nicole Bogart (@nlynnbogart).
Her recent tweets are as follows.

This is what they should have done anyway. No one would have used the coupon. lol

I read there could be a possible investigation because theybrecieved several complaints, about 2700 or so.

Seems like Canada Post didn't pick it up until today despite the tracking labels being created yesterday and that it happened to quite a few people.

Canada Post absolutely blows in my area when it comes to reliability and/or tracking. My Watch Dogs tracking lists as being in Richmond BC since yesterday morning. Ridiculous.
Thankfully Amazon Prime uses UPS which, for me, is almost always reliable and on time. On the odd occasion that they use Canada Post, it’s almost always late. Grrrrrrrrrr

MarkusRJR

I'm getting something imported from the US and I can't remember which is the one that sucks, USPS or UPS?

I vaguely remember that one of them goes through Canada Post upon reaching the border, but I don't remember which.

I'm getting something imported from the US and I can't remember which is the one that sucks, USPS or UPS?

I vaguely remember that one of them goes through Canada Post upon reaching the border, but I don't remember which.

UPS is the one that charges brokerage. USPS is short for "United States Postal Service" and is the one that hands your package to Canada Post. USPS is the good one.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
This just in, Lenovo raising prices on all laptops by $100 ;)

I could totally see them doing that :p

I'm honestly kind of amazed at how much traction this Lenovo thing has gotten. It's like everyone decided THIS would be the price error they'd nail a retailer to the wall for, and not any of the others we've seen over the years.

UberTag

I'm honestly kind of amazed at how much traction this Lenovo thing has gotten. It's like everyone decided THIS would be the price error they'd nail a retailer to the wall for, and not any of the others we've seen over the years.
To be fair, most of those other price errors had companies react in a more timely and customer-sensitive fashion than Lenovo has.
They've been fanning their own flames on this one.

Not to mention the lengthy duration this price error was kept in play on their website before being corrected exacerbated things due to the sheer number of orders that were impacted.

krae_man

This just in, Lenovo raising prices on all laptops by $100 ;)

I could totally see them doing that :p

They say the $100 coupons will stack with all existing sale prices. So discounts going forward will be $100 worse to account for the coupons.

Also just watch, they'll forget about these coupons and Some other Laptop will be available for $150 or something and they will cancel those too.

UberTag

In addition to today's Globe & Mail and Huffington Post articles, apparently we're getting extensive coverage on both CBC and Global news again tonight so if anything the media focus is still ramping up.

Top Bottom