• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Spike

Does this mean I'm fine? It's showing the card numbers in the transaction (I haven't been able to remove and reapply them so I never confirmed any changes I tried to make) but it still shows $0.00 beside the cards.

It will show $0.00 beside the cards until the order is actually charged. At that point, it will show $100.00 next to each, and it will then deduct the remaining amount via PayPal/Credit Card.

MarkusRJR

It will show $0.00 beside the cards until the order is actually charged. At that point, it will show $100.00 next to each, and it will then deduct the remaining amount via PayPal/Credit Card.
Thank you! I've never ordered anything with gift cards so I was nervous.

Ha ha, just got the call from my concierge about my order of Watch Dogs walking out the door because I wasn't at home to sign for it. I get to maybe pick it up from the post office tonight but probably more likely tomorrow evening. Future Shop can go fuck themselves.

Past

Looks like Canada Post screwed up and I won't get Watch Dogs until Friday (was suppose to get it today). Suck.

"Canada Post processing error; item re-routed. Possible delay"

Looks like Canada Post screwed up and I won't get Watch Dogs until Friday (was suppose to get it today). Suck.

Preach.

Still waiting for my Watch Dogs delivery that was sent out on Saturday. Good ol' CP. Tracking on their website is garbage as well and almost never gives the correct (real) status.

ElNino

Ha ha, just got the call from my concierge about my order of Watch Dogs walking out the door because I wasn't at home to sign for it. I get to maybe pick it up from the post office tonight but probably more likely tomorrow evening. Future Shop can go fuck themselves.
Why is Future Shop to blame for Canada Post not delivering your game to you mailbox?

Also, why is Canada Post requiring a signature? I've never needed to sign for a game from them before, but even so it should be available at your local post office tonight.

Mupod

So, lesson learned: don't change your shipping address on a future shop order that's already shipped an item.

One of my E3 orders last year was W101, Mario Kart and FExSMT (hey, it was there). Obviously the latter two haven't shipped yet but I moved a few weeks ago and the website wouldn't let me change the address. I called them up, the guy changed my address and everything was fine.

Fast forward to today, I check the order to see if MK8 has shipped and my shipping address has reverted to some weird-ass combination of my two shipping addresses. New address, but old postal code and city. And then the guy I called says they can't change my shipping address, which makes no sense because that's the whole reason it got screwed up.

He said he could only fix it by cancelling the order and flagging my 'notes' for a $20 discount, which is fine I guess but the game's price has gone up $5 since last E3. Should have just let it get sent to my parents' place and had them mail it here.

Spike

Also, why is Canada Post requiring a signature? I've never needed to sign for a game from them before, but even so it should be available at your local post office tonight.

Every game/console/anything from Future Shop has a 'Do NOT Safe Drop' distinction to Canada Post. If the mail carrier is actually looking at the label, they will never leave your items in your mailbox. They need to hand it to you or leave a pick up label.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, lesson learned: don't change your shipping address on a future shop order that's already shipped an item.

One of my E3 orders last year was W101, Mario Kart and FExSMT (hey, it was there). Obviously the latter two haven't shipped yet but I moved a few weeks ago and the website wouldn't let me change the address. I called them up, the guy changed my address and everything was fine.

Fast forward to today, I check the order to see if MK8 has shipped and my shipping address has reverted to some weird-ass combination of my two shipping addresses. New address, but old postal code and city. And then the guy says they can't change my shipping address, which makes no sense because that's the whole reason it got screwed up.

He said he could only fix it by cancelling the order and flagging my 'notes' for a $20 discount, which is fine I guess but the game's price has gone up $5 since last E3. Should have just let it get sent to my parents' place and had them mail it here.

Someone else here said they couldn't change the shipping address now either, so something must have changed.

I also got the mixed address thing, but only when I tried to change the address myself manually on an order (about 2 years ago).

ElNino

Every game/console/anything from Future Shop has a 'Do NOT Safe Drop' distinction to Canada Post. If the mail carrier is actually looking at the label, they will never leave your items in your mailbox. They need to hand it to you or leave a pick up label.
Yes, but for those of us with community mail boxes the games easily fit in our locked mail slot so there is no need to bring it back to the post office if no one is home. In fact, my mail person doesn't even come to the door for games, they just put them in my mail slot.

For larger packages they should be leaving a pick up slip at your door and bringing it the post office, but my last few packages have been safe dropped anyways. Luckily nothing has been stolen yet.

Past

Yeah, I also prefer them leaving it in the mailbox. I'd hate to miss a package just because I was showering at the wrong time.

Mupod

At my old address even though games fit just fine in the community mailbox, FS orders always went straight to the post office because of the 'do not safe drop' thing. They never tried delivering it to my door or anything, just left the pickup card in the box.

If I ordered a game from amazon or ebay or something they'd put it in the mailbox though.

Speaking of FS and MK8 has anyone been charged yet? Usually for a Friday order I would've been charged by now.

Not yet.

It will probably happen tonight.

At my old address even though games fit just fine in the community mailbox, FS orders always went straight to the post office because of the 'do not safe drop' thing. They never tried delivering it to my door or anything, just left the pickup card in the box.

If I ordered a game from amazon or ebay or something they'd put it in the mailbox though.

Canada Post was putting my games in my apartment box without issue up until September. FS started using cardboard sleeves instead of bubble mailers so there was no way to fit them. Now I have to go to the post office if I'm not at home to receive it by hand.

Bleh.

Well I called Future Shop to see if they'd give me the PlayStation Gild headset for $60 as they have it on the flyer for my E3 pre-order of Watch Dogs but was declined.

Oh well, would have been a nice price.

jet1911

The last update info I have on their tracki g page is from the 26... Great job Canada Post

Sinistral

Anyone here able to find the Princess Peach or Yoshi Wii Mote? Want to pick up a couple more Wii Motes for MK8 on Friday and I was only able to find the Princess Peach Wii Mote listed on Amazon.ca. A few listings for US stores... I read the Yoshi one was only announced for the UK so far. (I have the Mario and Luigi Wii Motes already)

Mupod

Well, I remade my order and I'm supposed to get a $20 discount on these games, the guy said repeatedly it's all set up and will go through. Meanwhile half an hour later still waiting for the order to update.

if I end up having to call in again this isn't even gonna be worth my time anymore

RE_Player

Just registered as well. Never went to a theater alone before so this will totally be awkward for me lol.
I've been to a theatre alone for a movie but never an event like this. That's kind of why I want the safety net of some other users lol

FrsDvl

Anyone here able to find the Princess Peach or Yoshi Wii Mote? Want to pick up a couple more Wii Motes for MK8 on Friday and I was only able to find the Princess Peach Wii Mote listed on Amazon.ca. A few listings for US stores... I read the Yoshi one was only announced for the UK so far. (I have the Mario and Luigi Wii Motes already)

Pretty sure Bestbuy has the peach remote on their website, i remember looking at them online.

Yoshi is nowhere to be found :(

Edit: Peach http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=9e6574869dcf30d73174fde493b1aca4en02

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
So uhh, I was just off the phone with Future Shop regarding Mario Kart 8 orders and when they were going to ship them, and I was told that they won't be shipping them out until Friday or first thing Monday. What. The. Fuck.

I hope it was just a case of the rep not really knowing what they were talking about.

Anyone going to go to one of the theatres Sony is showing their E3 press conference? Wouldn't mind getting together with a few gaf users. They imply they'll be giving away some stuff.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/28/watch-playstations-e3-press-conference-in-movie-theaters-nationwide/

Going to the Toronto one with friends. If you see a group of idiots being annoying and the one guy basically being the tsukomi/straight-man of the group with snarky comments thats me.

espher

Well, I remade my order and I'm supposed to get a $20 discount on these games, the guy said repeatedly it's all set up and will go through. Meanwhile half an hour later still waiting for the order to update.

if I end up having to call in again this isn't even gonna be worth my time anymore

This happened to me with Super Mario 3D World, though it was because I updated my CC expiration date and it 'didn't go through' or w/e.

I had to cancel, order, pay full price, and I got a $20 credit/refund 3-4 days later.

Top Bottom