• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That shit sold out in Toronto so fast. Didn't even get a chance to grab them :(
It looks like there's a waiting list. I'm not sure if I'm going to make the trip into town just to watch a press conference (lol), so there might be at least one seat available!

Mupod

This happened to me with Super Mario 3D World, though it was because I updated my CC expiration date and it 'didn't go through' or w/e.

I had to cancel, order, pay full price, and I got a $20 credit/refund 3-4 days later.

oh so it might not be be reflected until after I'm charged? The guy seemed 100% sure that he had applied my credit correctly.

I guess I can just leave it alone and return the game if they don't. I still think it's worth the money with the free Pikmin 3, but if not for the FS discount I'd just get it off the eshop.

not worth calling them again because I'm on a prepaid phone right now. Which I need to get rid of...had IP phones at home before and only used this phone for emergencies.

That shit sold out in Toronto so fast. Didn't even get a chance to grab them :(

I'm glad I signed up immediately then, but oh god I wasn't expecting it to sell out that fast.

i-Jest

I bought something directly from Amazon.ca, not a seller on the site. I want to return it. Am I going to have to get a return shipping label or can I just pay a return shipping fee via Canada Post?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I bought something directly from Amazon.ca, not a seller on the site. I want to return it. Am I going to have to get a return shipping label or can I just pay a return shipping fee via Canada Post?
If it's their fault, they will pay for shipping.
(It's up to you if you feel comfortable saying the product was damaged in shipping or making up some other similar excuse).

Otherwise, I think they can print out a label but take the shipping cost out of your refund or you can pay to ship it yourself at your own cost.

dream

Ended up getting a delivery notice for my copy of Watch Dogs, which Best Buy shipped out from one province over last Friday, with a pickup date of tomorrow. Now i don't particularly care about playing Watch Dogs, but come on...

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
oh so it might not be be reflected until after I'm charged? The guy seemed 100% sure that he had applied my credit correctly.

I guess I can just leave it alone and return the game if they don't. I still think it's worth the money with the free Pikmin 3, but if not for the FS discount I'd just get it off the eshop.

not worth calling them again because I'm on a prepaid phone right now. Which I need to get rid of...had IP phones at home before and only used this phone for emergencies.

I did the same thing with Dark Souls 2. Had to re-order to switch from PC to PS3. I worked it all out over e-mail with them. The online order information was never updated. I was charged full MSRP when the game shipped, but my $22.60 discount showed up on my credit card statement 2 days later.

UberTag

I messed around with Near for a couple weeks after launch (mainly for Uncharted Golden Abyss artifacts) but I doubt if any current games actually use it still.

vulva

I was debating going to the yonge & dundas one in case free things were given out but then realized I'd be happier on the gaf irc enjoying the madness.

UberTag

Apparently people impacted by Lenovo's laptop debacle aren't getting sent coupons at all.

Instead people are expected to call up Lenovo and place an order for a computer over the phone (where their sales reps can upsell you on accessories and service agreements) and if you mention the laptop pricing issue they'll give you $100 off the price EVEN if you weren't impacted by what took place and placed an order.

So this is more of a general customer remedy instead of something specific for people who were affected by the price error.

On the bright side, I did get my debited funds back into my bank account today.
And if anyone still wants the Y410p they can pick one up for $699 with the $100 discount whether they took a gamble on the price error or not.

Apparently people impacted by Lenovo's laptop debacle aren't getting sent coupons at all.

Instead people are expected to call up Lenovo and place an order for a computer over the phone (where their sales reps can upsell you on accessories and service agreements) and if you mention the laptop pricing issue they'll give you $100 off the price EVEN if you weren't impacted by what took place and placed an order.

So this is more of a general customer remedy instead of something specific for people who were affected by the price error.

On the bright side, I did get my debited funds back into my bank account today.
And if anyone still wants the Y410p they can pick one up for $699 with the $100 discount whether they took a gamble on the price error or not.

You have to order by phone though, is that what you're saying?

FluxWaveZ

Anyone going to go to one of the theatres Sony is showing their E3 press conference? Wouldn't mind getting together with a few gaf users. They imply they'll be giving away some stuff.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/05/28/watch-playstations-e3-press-conference-in-movie-theaters-nationwide/

Reserved my ticket for the Montreal Cineplex, but I'm not 100% sure I'll go. On one hand, it'll definitely be a unique and interesting experience, and I don't know if I'd want to miss out on whatever special thing they'll be giving out to attendees. On the other hand, it's about 50 minutes from my place and there's no doubt I'd be more comfortable watching it at home than in a somewhat stuffy theater.

I didn't even think about going to the Sony E3 theatre thing even though I live five minutes away, the experience of watching on GAF is so superior. The only reason I regret it now is because of the free giveaways. Ooops.

On the other hand, I already have my share of useless-but-decent giveaways from Sony. Who wants an Uncharted double pack and an Uncharted 3 Nathan Drake figure?*

*note: not actually a giveaway (sorry!)

Anyone got an extra ticket for Montreal GAF Bank Scotia?

Sold out :( I want to go

I placed for two. Me and my buddy and if for any reason he bails out, I will let you know.

Reserved my ticket for the Montreal Cineplex, but I'm not 100% sure I'll go. On one hand, it'll definitely be a unique and interesting experience, and I don't know if I'd want to miss out on whatever special thing they'll be giving out to attendees. On the other hand, it's about 50 minutes from my place and there's no doubt I'd be more comfortable watching it at home than in a somewhat stuffy theater.

You sure they are going to give out something there?

FluxWaveZ

I didn't even think about going to the Sony E3 theatre thing even though I live five minutes away, the experience of watching on GAF is so superior. The only reason I regret it now is because of the free giveaways. Ooops.

On the other hand, I already have my share of useless-but-decent giveaways from Sony. Who wants an Uncharted double pack and an Uncharted 3 Nathan Drake figure?

What is Uncharted Double Pack? :D

Top Bottom