• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

FluxWaveZ

God damn the Toronto one is sold out? Me and all my friends are going in a group of six and I got us all tickets like as soon as it went up, so I guess we got lucky there.

Hell, I'm surprised the Montreal one is already sold out. It won't be pretty if the Sony conference ends up being a disaster.

UberTag

Hell, I'm surprised the Montreal one is already sold out. It won't be pretty if the Sony conference ends up being a disaster.
I can't think of too many "disaster" E3 press conferences apart from maybe the Nintendo one that ended with Wii Music.
Even the subpar Microsoft conferences of recent years have been largely massaged by the media to downplay any immediate blowback.

bryt

Megasoum

Banned
Well... It took over 2 months and a bunch of assholes on Kijiji but I finally found a buyer for my motherboard/cpu/fan combo. Cool dude too... Finally ugh!

RE_Player

Anyone want to help organize a Toronto gaf meet up for this Playstation E3 theater event? On the dedicated thread it seems a lot of users got in or are on the waiting list.

ahdurian

God damn the Toronto one is sold out? Me and all my friends are going in a group of six and I got us all tickets like as soon as it went up, so I guess we got lucky there.

lucky punk :(
as soon as I saw it on GAF, I went to the site and was immediately sent to the waiting list

Megasoum

Banned
I was on a business lunch from 12:30 to 3:30 (gotta love it when upper management is in town hah) so I missed the Sony announcement but I was still able to grab a ticket.

khaaan

I think he was making a joke about how nobody uses near lol

I totally knew that

14Ywzs4.gif

You sure they are going to give out something there?

Yeah, if you try getting a ticket it says
Attendes will go home with a commemorative PlayStation collectible and a surprise gift!

espher

oh so it might not be be reflected until after I'm charged? The guy seemed 100% sure that he had applied my credit correctly.

It will be applied well before the interest-free window most credit cards have is up, so it should be a non-issue unless you're floating near your CC limit.

I got charged full price, game shipped the next day, credit showed up a couple of days after that.

explodet

I can't think of too many "disaster" E3 press conferences apart from maybe the Nintendo one that ended with Wii Music.
Even the subpar Microsoft conferences of recent years have been largely massaged by the media to downplay any immediate blowback.
The Sony 2006 conference wasn't exactly well received.
Giant Enemy Crab, Riiiidge Racer, and everybody's favorite price, five hundred and ninety-nine US dollars.
It couldn't possibly be that bad this year.

explodet

Going to be like download codes for Plus. Or maybe something non physical.
They're calling it a "commemorative PlayStation collectible" which would indicate a physical item. The other "surprise gift" can be non-physical, though.

Anything called "commemorative" reminds me of some kind of useless trinket, like a coin or something. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

grumble

The Sony 2006 conference wasn't exactly well received.
Giant Enemy Crab, Riiiidge Racer, and everybody's favorite price, five hundred and ninety-nine US dollars.
It couldn't possibly be that bad this year.

Honestly I don't expect it to be actively bad, I just expect it to be bland. Sequels from last gen, some low risk original titles in established genres, and generally just forgettable. Likely no games for the mainstream or to draw in gamers outside it's core audience, like most non-gamers.

RE_Player

Anyone who is or is thinking about going to the Toronto showing and wants to meet up with some fellow users PM me your e-mail and I will add you to a google doc I made. Feel free to edit and make it better.

Sealtest

For Lenovo? yes I was, also refunded another $316.74 for another order that I didn't have.

Also still no charge from FS for mario kart, Really hoping they aren't waiting till friday to ship this out.

- Edit - Seems that extra refund has now disapeared. Lenovo was sure fast at fixing that error.

djblue89

Quick question, I booked for Montreal showing of the Playstation conference, only to find out that I made an error and put the same name in contact and guest. So what I did is create an other booking with my name and my guests name. I sent an email to the email in the confirmation email to say to cancel my original booking. I'm guessing that there is nothing more than I can do right ? I mean that's the only way to contact them I guess. Hopefully they take notice so 2 other people can go.

MarkusRJR

Was hoping for winnipeg for the sony e3

Bah who am i kidding, this place sucks
Tell me about it. Nothing ever happens here. It's always Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa, or Montreal. Really want to move but I can't afford schooling/rent anywhere else. So fucking expensive.

UberTag

Latest amusing development in the Lenovo Gate song and dance.

If you go to their website in IE or FireFox and add the $799 IdeaPad Y410p Laptop into your shopping cart, the price magically shoots up to $999. (YouTube)
Amusingly enough in Chrome the price holds at $799.

I wonder which browser their sales phone support staff uses.

If my Mario Kart 8 isn't going to be here for Friday I will probably end up buying a digital copy. I can't wait.

I can't wait.

Top Bottom