• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

khaaan

Still waiting on a Future Shop charge. I'll probably just go to the closest Future Shop tomorrow morning if I don't see any progress, not like I have much else to do these days. I still need to go through the Mario Kart spreadsheet and add people.

Edit:

NNID: khaaan

krae_man

Okay my Email says all 3 games in the order were shipped. The others being Link Between Worlds and Mario 3D World Which where shipped previously when they came out. Will be interesting to see what's in the package and if I'm being charged twice.

Two free games would be nice though.

UberTag

If it isn't coming till Monday, I'm going digital.
Mario Kart 8 is the kind of game you'd want to go digital for anyhow.
Always have it in your system for a quick and convenient spin no matter what other game you're playing.
And it's not like you're going to trade that game in. It's a Nintendo staple.

Mario Kart 8 is the kind of game you'd want to go digital for anyhow.
Always have it in your system for a quick and convenient spin no matter what other game you're playing.
And it's not like you're going to trade that game in. It's a Nintendo staple.

Mine just received a tracking number from FS, but yeah, I still may go digital with this. Going to trade some stuff in at EB towards eshop credit tonight.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
My FS MK8 order got shipped too. I would be extremely surprised if I get it tomorrow.

beta_fuse

I'd be down for a GAF game night. I know in the MK8 thread they have a tournament being set up but we should also totally set up a CanadaGAF lobby so we can race it out while sharing details on sweet deals we just found at our local retailers!

EDIT: NNID - betafuse

Guesong

Mine shipped as well.

Crossing fingers for tommorow but you never know with Canada Post. Normally it doesn't bother me so much but with Nintendo releasing games on Fridays that means Monday if CP is slacking.

Ninty pls what's wrong with thursday >_>

EDIT: Oh, and I'm looking to fill my friend list as well! I think my username on Wii U is Sevenx, so I'll accept anybody :)
because it's almost totally empty

zroid

Banned
I don't have any space on my friend list right now but I'll send you guys some requests if I can trim it down a bit

UberTag

I feel like I'm the only person in this thread without a Wii U.
And yet I don't feel peer pressured to purchase one, either.
3AQmK.gif

(I'm sure new X footage at E3 in a couple weeks may alter that mindset.)

Samyy

There were already several chances to get a WiiU for $199 in Canada.

And I missed em D: didn't have money then.
I know I can get a used 8gb for $200 but I'd rather wait and see how the next few weeks plays out.

Hopefully everyone is not tired of MK8 by then!

Lexxism

Not really a used WiiU for $200 but a brand new. I remember that you can get one at TRU for $189 if you price match indigo's $210 sale on their WW WiiU. Shame that I bought one earlier tsk

zroid

Banned
Could always get a refurb 32GB unit directly from Nintendo for $200. Shipping is $7. (pretty sure that's USD though)

trixx

Apparently my order has been shipped from FS.

NNID: nanamontana

edit:nvm they say it's been shipped but it hasn't even been accepted yet =/. Probably won't be in till monday. I don't know why shipment is always delayed with FutureShop but at least its %33 off :)

Buburibon

I'd be down for a GAF game night. I know in the MK8 thread they have a tournament being set up but we should also totally set up a CanadaGAF lobby so we can race it out while sharing details on sweet deals we just found at our local retailers!

EDIT: NNID - betafuse

Count me in! NNID: GVAmson23

Was going to pay a visit to Future Shop tomorrow, but have just decided to download it tonight. :)

Sealtest

And again the dream still lives on, Here's hoping Canada Post doesn't suck this week.

Futureshop is always cutting is closer and closer on friday releases.

Okay my Email says all 3 games in the order were shipped. The others being Link Between Worlds and Mario 3D World Which where shipped previously when they came out. Will be interesting to see what's in the package and if I'm being charged twice.

Two free games would be nice though.

Exactly the same thing just happened to me, minus ALBW. Guess I'll have to return the extra 3D World in-store (unless it's free of charge obviously, which I highly doubt).

Megasoum

Banned
If anybody hear about a good deal somewhere on God of War 3 or God of War Saga I want to know. I've been meaning to replay that game for a while and for some reason they never put it on PSN which means it never was on PS+...sucks.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Apparently my order has been shipped from FS.

NNID: nanamontana

edit:nvm they say it's been shipped but it hasn't even been accepted yet =/. Probably won't be in till monday. I don't know why shipment is always delayed with FutureShop but at least its %33 off :)

Same deal with my order. Canada Post tracking can't even find my tracking number yet.

Edit: And just as I post that the status changed to item processed :p

espher

I'm getting real tired of Future Shop's shit.

I put in a bunch of orders last E3. My credit card was due to expire between the E3 sale and when some of the items on my orders shipped, so I put in a garbage future date for one, and my actual expiration for the other (as one item came out before expiry). As soon as I got my new card, I called in got all of my orders updated to the new expiration date. I had to call in because their website doesn't let you update expiration dates and hasn't for as long as I can remember.

I then check my e-mail when Super Mario 3D World releases, and see a notification asking me to update my information as they were unable to process the order. I have to call in, of course, because the website is (still) janky. I call in and double-check both outstanding orders -- neither order has the updated CC info. The CC info is updated on both as per that call.

A week later I get an advisory that my order for SM3DW was /cancelled/ because billing continued to fail. I call in AGAIN (since I still can't fix it on the website) and find out that the old expiration date is still on /both orders/. I get the orders with outstanding components updated YET AGAIN but get told I will have to re-order SM3DW online and will have a credit posted to my account. I do so, get it eleventy billion days after release, and get my credit, but nothing else for their bullshit.

Fast-forward to today -- I get home, open my e-mail looking for the shipping info for Mario Kart 8, and there's another fucking e-mail advising me that they could not process the billing information. I call in again (because I can't update it on the website) and find out that order STILL HAS THE OLD EXPIRATION DATE (but hey the other order, which was the SM3DW order, is updated). I get it updated and now am twiddling my goddamn thumbs waiting for this shit to arrive.

I am really salty right now, and I have no Twitter account to go @whine about their @bullshit.

Mr. F

Banned
Sorry if this is a dumb question; first time buying a major retail release on e-shop on Wii U. Is it my timezone they're referring to when they say 'midnight release' on the storefront? Don't recall ever setting timezone/location info for it.

edit; nvm found out. 12am eastern apparently

khaaan

My Mario Kart has been processed too, if I don't get it tomorrow though I'm just going to go buy a copy and return whenever the FS one comes by. I added erryone that posted their NNID.

YOU CAN'T TRICK ME AGAIN, I KNOW YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS.

Top Bottom