• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Dell has High Capacity Eneloops for $12.99

These have 25% more charge than the regular Eneloops.

A7112965.jpg
Wait that's a thing? God damn I just bought another set of charger + 8AA+4AAA from them for 24.99

ElNino

Can confirm, I saw the same price at Walmart in Guelph.

(Also, hi CanadaGAF! First post in here!)
Wait... there's a Walmart in Guelph now? When I lived there the city refused to allow them to open in the city so my wife had to drive to Cambridge if she wanted to go there.

trixx

Anyone think its worth trading in my wind waker HD for $17 and at eb and just getting it digitally?

Also welcome Dr. Campino!

Wait... there's a Walmart in Guelph now? When I lived there the city refused to allow them to open in the city so my wife had to drive to Cambridge if she wanted to go there.

There is, corner of Woolwich and Woodlawn in the north bit. I've only lived here for two months now so I'm not sure how long it's been around.

Anyone think its worth trading in my wind waker HD for $17 and at eb and just getting it digitally?

Thanks ^_^ I've been lurking for quite some time, only recently got an email that let me sign up and such.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, it's out in the outskirts though. Takes like 40 minutes to get there by bus. :/

Can confirm, I saw the same price at Walmart in Guelph.

(Also, hi CanadaGAF! First post in here!)
Hey, I'm no longer the only Guelph person here. lol

If you're doing the MK8 thing and you're not going to get any of the other games...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I live downtown, so it's about 10-15 for me :D

Not being a student in this city is weird sometimes.
At least the city is basically dead in the summer. I still think it's ridiculous that there isn't a movie theater in the city core anywhere outside of The Bookshelf, but I guess Guelph seems more interested in building out than in building up. The sprawl is palpable!

At least the city is basically dead in the summer. I still think it's ridiculous that there isn't a movie theater in the city core anywhere outside of The Bookshelf, but I guess Guelph seems more interested in building out than in building up. The sprawl is palpable!

Yeah, I hear you on that. It pains me to have to go out of my way for a real LCBO, too. Or to get groceries. Or just about anything.

Cheerilee

Can I use ANY charger? I have any energizer charger.

You can use any NiMH charger. That includes the old fashioned NiMH, the regular "low self-discharge" NiMH (Eneloops), and the new "high-capacity low self-discharge" NiMH. They all use the same charger.

Although you might want to invest in a smart charger. The ordinary charger just plugs into the wall, and the LED turns off when it's finished charging, but it actually keeps trying to drain and charge the batteries in very small amounts until you unplug it. That keeps regular NiMH batteries ready for when you need them, but is kind of bad/useless for Eneloops. If you don't pay attention and remember to unplug the charger promptly once it's done, this can reduce the life of your Eneloops.

A smart charger will charge your batteries and then switch itself off properly. And you can also tell it to do a refresh cycle which (if needed) can inject some new life into "tired" NiMH batteries.

jholmes

There is, corner of Woolwich and Woodlawn in the north bit. I've only lived here for two months now so I'm not sure how long it's been around.

Maybe around 10 years, probably a little less. In the early '90s when Walmart was expanding into Canada it was a political issue like you wouldn't believe. I grew up there. I'm never in town anymore so things like Walmart or the "new" Zehrs on the west side still seem brand new to me, but someone who has lived there for the last five years would probably think of them as ancient.

Curious to know how many points we get for paying $64.99 on eShop for that ddp.nintendo.com website. Do we get extra points for paying the exchange rate amount?

Hope I get points for the free Wind Waker as well.

My Mario Kart was estimated for today last night. But even though it was processed for the second time, it changed to Monday. Canada Post... don't do this to me.

Edit: Out for delivery. Canda Post can't make up their mind. Hopefully they put it in the mailbox this time. Last time they said it didn't fit but it was in a bubble mailer and would've easily fit.

zroid

Banned
Curious to know how many points we get for paying $64.99 on eShop for that ddp.nintendo.com website. Do we get extra points for paying the exchange rate amount?

Hope I get points for the free Wind Waker as well.

yeah you're gonna get 649 points for that

Nintendo said that the free games don't qualify for DDP though

yeah you're gonna get 649 points for that

Nintendo said that the free games don't qualify for DDP though

Sweet!.

I already have 400 and something points. Should end up with $10 worth of credit when all is said and done.

That's on top of also getting Wind Waker. Not to worried about getting no DDP for it.

Feel the bang!!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I haven't tried to price match anything for years. Will FS and BB match Walmarts $29.99 (online) price for AssCreed BlackFlag in store?

Neki

Well time to buy Mario kart and return the shipped one on Monday, Friday release dates are the worst for online buying, ugh

Lexxism

MK8 is out for delivery!

giphy.gif

edit: For those wondering if those free games has DDP, someone from a MK8 thread said that he got a 599 points for NSMBU.

Sealtest

Canada Post is always terrible.
Processed at 2:05am
In transit at 4:54am
Still no update since then and it should've already made it to Windsor by now...
Also no expected delivery date.

Apparently DDP is giving points for the free game from the Mario Kart deal. Someone in the other thread received 599 points for NSMBU.

Sealtest

Well time to buy Mario kart and return the shipped one on Monday, Friday release dates are the worst for online buying, ugh

I've never actually had 2 do this until today, Does it matter if I buy the game at futureshop or best buy?
My online order is coming from futureshop if that matters.

ohlawd

I've never actually had 2 do this until today, Does it matter if I buy the game at futureshop or best buy?
My online order is coming from futureshop if that matters.

Doesn't matter.

1) Buy the game at FS/BB. Keep receipt
2) Have fun while waiting for online copy
3) Go back to the same FS/BB and return the online copy (when it comes, not opened) with the receipt from step 1
4) Keep having fun

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Hehe, so glad I received my Mario Kart at 8 this morning, even if the mailman woke me up! :D

Lexxism

Hehe, so glad I received my Mario Kart at 8 this morning, even if the mailman woke me up! :D

Did they use bubble wrap? It seems that the case with mine but no quite sure yet since my mom said no one knocked on the door yet the tracking # said they successfully deliver it.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, the bubble wrap that usually fits in my mailbox. Not sure why the mailman knocked, now that I think about it...!

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Messing with EBGames Canada on Twitter is god damn hilarious.

Read bottom up.
im7dxzu.png

KrTSjx4.png

Top Bottom