• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

probably the same for the other target employees here but i got a letter in the mail saying my seperation date is May 16th.

Of course they can decide way before then if im not needed any more

Luigi87

probably the same for the other target employees here but i got a letter in the mail saying my seperation date is May 16th.

Yeah that's the date all operations shut down. Many will receive another letter that could potentially relieve you of duty earlier.
Heck, depending stock, some stores may close earlier than that if there's nothing left.

yeah pretty much all of our bulk steel stuff is on the sales floor now. Clothes/Hard Furniture/IFUR is clean too. its pretty much stuff like Deco/Dom/Cosmetics etc thats left in the backroom.

oh and it wasnt actually as hectic today compared to last thursday-sunday.

i guess people are finally realizing we dont have the liquidation sales yet,lol

I've made a few purchases from Play-Asia, usually in the $50-100 range and I've never had custom / brokerage fees. But this was many years ago. All I can say about importing, avoid UPS at all cost.

Absolutely.

On Play-Asia, I don't think I've ever paid customs though it took a long time to receive my items (basic shipping with tracking). I haven't ordered from them in a while though.

DJ_Lae

I've made a few purchases from Play-Asia, usually in the $50-100 range and I've never had custom / brokerage fees. But this was many years ago. All I can say about importing, avoid UPS at all cost.

I agree with this. Worst case with UPS was them delivering something and not asking for duty - months later I got a collection notice for the amount.

antibolo

Banned
I agree with this. Worst case with UPS was them delivering something and not asking for duty - months later I got a collection notice for the amount.

Fedex did that to me once.

All private couriers are crooks. For me it's regular mail service or nothing.

soultron

Banned
I couldn't even check out for some stupid reason... I clicked the Visa tab and nothing was showing up so I couldn't even put my infos in. -_-
If I cared about this system variant, I'd be upset too. I remember being pretty ticked when the 20th Anniversary PS4 sold out before I could finalise my order details.

Renewed

My Club Nintendo Zelda 3DS 18-Card Case finally arrived. After what, 10 days from being shipped? But at least this'll make bringing my games with me easier. Heck I have 5 spaces left for upcoming releases. I imagine once I'm full I'll switch out my must play games.

fooish101

Hey guys I got 4 monster hunter 4 demo codes I don't want, knock yourselves out!

A0712VDS00CU7UT2
A070BJT61H6QXEML
A070VPKT2N5RHE9L
A06WT9RH00QSLUGK

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys I got 4 monster hunter 4 demo codes I don't want, knock yourselves out!

A0712VDS00CU7UT2
A070BJT61H6QXEML
A070VPKT2N5RHE9L
A06WT9RH00QSLUGK

Took the 1st one for my girlfriend so we can try the multiplayer. Thanks a lot! :D

IceIpor

Yeah that's the date all operations shut down. Many will receive another letter that could potentially relieve you of duty earlier.
Heck, depending stock, some stores may close earlier than that if there's nothing left.
That's correct. Also we're not getting severance pay. It's just pay until may 16th whether we're scheduled or not. http://www.kmlaw.ca/site_documents/informationslides_19jan15.pdf

yeah pretty much all of our bulk steel stuff is on the sales floor now. Clothes/Hard Furniture/IFUR is clean too. its pretty much stuff like Deco/Dom/Cosmetics etc thats left in the backroom.

oh and it wasnt agctually as hectic today compared to last thursday-sunday.

i guess people are finally realizing we dont have the liquidation sales yet,lol

Ours is still very busy. Most people know it's not on sale but are afraid that this is their last chance to buy our products. We are also pushing as much stock to the floor as possible while ignoring planograms.

Saturday

That's correct. Also we're not getting severance pay. It's just pay until may 16th whether we're scheduled or not.

Curious. What's the definition of Severance Pay, then?

My Target's well on track to exhaust all of it's backroom in one or two days (if not already!), but we're due for one more shipment, a particularly large one as well.

Also poor AP, theft is getting ridiculous. I've heard one or two crazy stories in the last few days.

lupinko

Any sites for digital eshop Canadian eshop cards? Pcgamesupply doesn't do CanadaNintendo. :(

I'm close to Platinum, and I'd like to complete the Shantae set.

IceIpor

Curious. What's the definition of Severance Pay, then?

My Target's well on track to exhaust all of it's backroom in one or two days (if not already!), but we're due for one more shipment, a particularly large one as well.

Also poor AP, theft is getting ridiculous. I've heard one or two crazy stories in the last few days.
In Canada, the minimum employers have to give is you need to work a minimum of 5 years. Every year you work is 1 weeks worth of pay given as a lump sum on your last pay.

I.E. So work 5 years, get 5 weeks additional pay as a bonus on your final pay cheque.

LMN

A0712VDS00CU7UT2
A070BJT61H6QXEML
A070VPKT2N5RHE9L
A06WT9RH00QSLUGK

If not too late, I took the 2nd for my friend so we can play together thanks =)

Edit: the code was already taken but before I took it

ElNino

I worked retail at Zellers while I was in high school (a long time ago now), and employee theft was a big issue back then. I can only imagine how prevalent it would be if we were in the process of closing up.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone has experience cancelling a single game in a multi-games order at BB/FS? I want to cancel one game in a 3-games E3 pre-order, but I'm afraid to call as I fear they'll either cancel everything or remove the discount from the other games.

Returners

Anyone has experience cancelling a single game in a multi-games order at BB/FS? I want to cancel one game in a 3-games E3 pre-order, but I'm afraid to call as I fear they'll either cancel everything or remove the discount from the other games.

I would just return that game in store. I don't trust their CSRs that much.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I would just return that game in store. I don't trust their CSRs that much.

I think that's what I'll do. I wanted to save a bus ride, but I don't think it's worth the risk of losing the rest of my order. :p

Well technically they should cancel the discount on the other games, since the deal was for orders of three or more. So if they did that, they would just be doing their job. Best thing to do is get the game, then return it, I've done it multiple times.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
nuborn-water.gif

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I've done it multiple times with BB/FS E3 sales and they've never lowered the discount on the other games in the order.

isny

napkin dispenser
ahahahahahaha

hahahahaha

Wow I can't think of anything clever to say. I'll just make it a combo of blaming Harper and Randy Pitchford.

That's only $40 more than the U.S. price, which is actually less than the $80 more in exchange if you paid in U.S.D.

kennah

What's the best bet for a Wii U? I want to grab one before the Club Nintendo is gone forever. I guess Shoppers? Is there a 20x points day coming up?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
What's the best bet for a Wii U? I want to grab one before the Club Nintendo is gone forever. I guess Shoppers? Is there a 20x points day coming up?

SDM 20x will be the best value and there's a 20x this Wednesday. The $150 Deluxe at EBgames was a shooting star. If you can find the packed in title you want (ie; 3D World bundle) it's much better than the $200 refurb.. which is never in-stock. If you're in a hurry to pick up more games, you can redeem your points as soon as they become available. If you're in no hurry, wait for a redemption day and your points will be worth even more.

Top Bottom