• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Well, time for me to eat some crow. Apparently at $400+ it was a bargain then.

At the speed they sold out everywhere, one would think so... Looks like there is a market for everything when stuff is limited and accompanied by a number (or simply Nintendo limited). It was about 500$ with taxes for my province, this is crazy.

Jinto

Wow, I have so many unregistered Club Nintendo games. A few doubles I was gonna create a family account for too. Oh well, anyone want a CN code for New Super Mario Bros DS? It's worth 40 coins. I may give away more later.

Edit: Gone

LGom09

Wow, I have so many unregistered Club Nintendo games. A few doubles I was gonna create a family account for too. Oh well, anyone want a CN code for New Super Mario Bros DS? It's worth 40 coins. I may give away more later.

I'd like it if it's still available.

Does the Source price match? wanna get a ipod touch 5th gen but it's only on sale at BB and they have stock for a yellow one that I don't want.

Edit: fuck it I'm buying a Ipad Mini 2......my wallet weeps...

Does anyone own or have any experience with this 3DS charger?

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00JOLAK2O/

Figure since I'm trading in my 3DS XL for the N3DS XL I may as well buy another adapter now before they become scarce when every new 3DS owner realizes they'll need one. $5 plus free shipping and great reviews seems promising...

Also, is there any way to view the list of eligible games for the "Trade 5, Get $100 towards the new 3DS XL console" promotion?

Atlantic

Hey guys,

I have 3 unused Nintendo club cards. I've never really cared to even sign up but if anyone could use 'em I'm glad to help.

3d land, mk7 and bravely default if it matters

All gone, hope they helped!

Anth0ny

Hey guys,

I have 3 unused Nintendo club cards. I've never really cared to even sign up but if anyone could use 'em I'm glad to help.

I'll use one! I already signed up 3d land and MK7 so I guess I can get bravely default? I never knew whether you can sign the same game up twice.

Firestorm

Does the Source price match? wanna get a ipod touch 5th gen but it's only on sale at BB and they have stock for a yellow one that I don't want.

Edit: fuck it I'm buying a Ipad Mini 2......my wallet weeps...
I ended up buying one on Boxing Week and it's a pretty sweet comic reader. Remember that the education discount exists on apple.ca if you are a student or know one. Just $20 off but hey not like we ever get anything better =/

Oh, so we have to use up all the club nintendo cards now? They won't be used for the new whatever Nintendo is making to replace the old one?

khaaan

Futureshop having a sale on Lexar SD/MicroSD cards this weekend (23-25) in-store only. Could be worthwhile if you're getting n3DS.

Yes, that is correct.

Damn. I still have a bunch of games still in their wrap. I want to register them but I don't know if it's worth cracking them open. Mostly 3DS games if I can remember and probably a couple Wii games.

UberTag

Fuck, jesus

What was the rate when 70 dollar games popped up?
It briefly dipped below 90 cents before rebounding temporarily up to the 93-94 cent range while we all bitched.
I would be shocked if we don't see a push to at least $75 games shortly. $59.99 currently equates to $74.22 Canadian.

mdubs

Banned
It briefly dipped below 90 cents before rebounding temporarily up to the 93-94 cent range while we all bitched.
I would be shocked if we don't see a push to at least $75 games shortly. $59.99 currently equates to $74.22 Canadian.

Good luck with that, sale are going to plummet, I can't see consumers paying $74.99 for a new release

Loonie at 0.81.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 6: I Love the $80s

American living in Canada here.

Now I will live through my wife's childhood of paying $80 for her PS1 games when I first met her. I hoped it would never come to this when I moved here lol.

Also first post here. Hello fellow Canadians!

zroid

Banned
Yeah, I can finally work on my backlog and start seriously playing on PC now I guess.

already doing this. haven't even bought a current gen console yet since games cost too much and I have a huge backlog. and to be honest I think the games in my backlog are better than most of the AAA junk that comes out nowadays.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yeah, I can finally work on my backlog and start seriously playing on PC now I guess.

Yep. The only games I buy at / near launch are Nintendo titles (and Monster Hunter soon..). Everything else is likely to be half the cost in six months and Steam sales makes life so easy for me.

American living in Canada here.

Now I will live through my wife's childhood of paying $80 for her PS1 games when I first met her. I hoped it would never come to this when I moved here lol.

Also first post here. Hello fellow Canadians!

Welcome!

iphys

Suddenly all those eShop games that only cost 10% more than the US seem like deals. Better buy now before they raise the prices again, lol.

If games raise to $80 before the end of the year, that will suuuuuuuuuuck. I don't make nearly enough money to be able to account for a $20 bump in a couple years.

curb

Banned
If games raise to $80 before the end of the year, that will suuuuuuuuuuck. I don't make nearly enough money to be able to account for a $20 bump in a couple years.

I felt like I could handle the jump from $60 to $70 but if we go to $80, it's probably going to start affecting my purchasing decisions.
Until I get used to it.

Top Bottom