• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Harusame

If games do increase to $80, I think I may have to stick with PC and handheld gaming. With that being said, I am thinking of taking advantage of what remaining time I have for my target discount and just buy an Xbox One and complete my collection for this generation of handhelds and consoles

MarkusRJR

Time to buy all of the games before the dollar shits up game prices... :(

Thank fuck for last year's E3 deal covering most of my game purchases this year.

terrible

Banned
Screw it, buying the xbox one today. I can't wait because that CAD is really making me worried.

The $330 Kinect/Ryse refurb at the source has never looked more interesting. The only game I'd likely ever play would be Forza though so I think I'll pass.

And this is why we pre-order....

I doubt games go up to 80, that would be disastrous for all involved

I'd be shocked if they don't rise. I was chatting with someone who really, really knows the economy and the dollar, and he said he'd be stunned if we don't start seeing some dramatic price increases soon. To paraphrase what he said, companies based in the US aren't going to want to sell things at a loss up here.

jzbluz

I got two demo codes for MH4U but I have no interest in the game, so I hope other people enjoy them.
A07116T51H61LF1M
A071AT8Y1JTL7G6N

Fuuck that noise, I should preorder Bloodborne on PSN today.

Also really hope that Nintendo keeps those $45 releases coming (Captain Toad, Kirby WiiU)

mdubs

Banned
The most fucked up thing about this is even with the 33% off Future Shop E3 deals, we'd be back to paying basically $60 for games again.

FUCK.

$69.99 x 30%off = $48.99
$74.99 x 30%off = $52.49
$79.99 x 30%off = $55.99
$84.99 x 30%off = $59.49

tumblr_inline_mpizppSZVL1qz4rgp.jpg

Ventara

Hey guys, I have a trip coming up this august. Should I buy a bunch of US dollars now, or is there any chance it might go a bit up before then? This really sucks.

mdubs

Banned
Hey guys, I have a trip coming up this august. Should I buy a bunch of US dollars now, or is there any chance it might go a bit up before then? This really sucks.

Economists are predicting it'll go down to 0.75 pretty soon, I hate Saudi Arabia

terrible

Banned
The most fucked up thing about this is even with the 33% off Future Shop E3 deals, we'd be back to paying basically $60 for games again.

FUCK.

I just don't buy games day 1 at full price anymore unless it's something limited. My spending habits have changed dramatically already.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know when the Target and Sony clearance deals start? RFD has been awfully quiet about it.

Palehorse

Liquidations are almost always trap, unless you are lucky enough to be in the store when the real clearances begin and there's still stock left.

Yeah, by the time the discounts get down to something worthwhile the stock left is crap. Games in particular. The Zellers liquidation had promise despite the slow discounting because they had so much old stock sitting around. Target has only been around for 2 years or less so you'll end up seeing Barbie Dance Revolution Xtra Hard for 30% off.

ultra7k

I remember shelling out $91.xx for a copy of Suikoden III when it was released. BC tax was about 14.5%, and with a bad loonie, the game itself was $79.99.

May have been the most expensive game I bought brand new. I mean, even iTunes prices have gone up...this is not a good trend.

lupinko

This is what I feared when Harper won all those years ago, and feared when he got his majority.

Sigh, oh well I'll continue to expat here in Japan. But Abe isn't any better tho he's pro foreigner so a conundrum.

Lol if you think yall getting any electronic liquidation sales. Most of it will be gone by then. No more trucks.
at the rate our backroom is shrinking i wouldnt be surprised if im let go by late Feb early March

therapist

man this is depressing.

79.99 for a game i would honestly never pay.

I havent bought a single game full price since they jumped back to 69.99 - which is 80$ in QC with tax.

80 + tax would be over 90$...back to n64 days. No thanks.

Ugh. Ah well, even more reason for me to keep ordering new releases from eStarland. US prices plus like $5 for shipping, takes a week or so getting it from Virginia. Comes in a bubble mailer, too, not a giant cardboard sleeve that requires me to go to the post office to pick up.

Though, like most of you guys, I also have most of my 2015 buys already ordered from last year (or two years ago...)

Anth0ny

With the current situation, I only buy Nintendo games day one because those prices never go down. And even still, these are 30% off thanks to the E3 Future Shop deal. I paid $50 for Captain Toad with tax. Paying full price for a game, even a discounted game like that, felt dirty.

The decline of big, Japanese games on home consoles has been a blessing on my wallet. While I'm grabbing Type-0 HD, Bloodborne and MGSV this year, they've become less and less common, to the point where I'm finding myself only buying the big Nintendo games on day one. Everything else can wait until $30 or less.

i-Jest

FUCK.

$69.99 x 30%off = $48.99
$74.99 x 30%off = $52.49
$79.99 x 30%off = $55.99
$84.99 x 30%off = $59.49

tumblr_inline_mpizppSZVL1qz4rgp.jpg

For those of us that were fortunate, it's a good thing we got those Majora's Mask Limited Edition preorders in right Canuck GAF?

Lol if you think yall getting any electronic liquidation sales. Most of it will be gone by then. No more trucks.
at the rate our backroom is shrinking i wouldnt be surprised if im let go by late Feb early March

Alright. Gonna have to make a trip to my local Target this week and pick up Ocarina of Time 3DS and/or Super Mario 3D Land.

explodet

Bleh, my credit card got damaged and I ordered a replacement, but now I'm seeing that the new card will probably have a different expiration date - which will completely dick over my preorders from FS and EB, 'cause I can't change the payment information without jumping through a ton of hoops.

So I'll be sitting on my broken credit card for a while longer, I guess.

Oh yeah, and screw this Canuck buck. I've started putting aside the US pocket change like I did long ago.

zroid

Banned
Just a reminder that this is happening

There's going to be a New 3DS / MM3D / MH4U demo tour type thing happening soon...

Come down for a chance to get up close with New Nintendo 3DS XL and The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate games. Everyone who attends will have a chance to enter to win a $50 gift card for either Future Shop or Best Buy Canada (details will be available on-site at each event). We will also be giving away Majora’s Mask key chains, while supplies last.

Find a location near you:

Ontario:

January 22: Best Buy, 6075 Mavis Rd, Mississauga, 4 – 7 pm

January 23: Best Buy, 5000 Highway 7, Markham, 4 – 7 pm

January 24: Best Buy, 65 Dundas St W, Toronto, 12 – 3 pm

January 25: Best Buy, 2500 Winston Park, Oakville, 12 – 3 pm

February 6: Future Shop, 2210 Bank St, Ottawa, 4 – 7 pm

February 7: Best Buy, 770 Gardiners Rd, Kingston, 12 – 3 pm

February 8: Best Buy, 480 Progress Ave, Scarborough, 12 – 3 pm

Quebec:

January 29: Future Shop, 460 Rue Ste-Catherine, Montreal, 4 – 7 pm

January 30: Best Buy, 8871 De L’Acadie Blvd, Montreal 4 – 7 pm

January 31: Future Shop, 1540 Boul Du Corbusier, Laval, 12 – 3 pm

February 1: Future Shop, 7400 Boul des Roseraies, Anjou, 12 – 3pm

February 5: Future Shop, 25 Chemin de la Savane, Gatineau, 4 – 7 pm

British Columbia:

January 22: Future Shop, 5300 No 3 Rd, Richmond, 4 – 7 pm

January 23: Best Buy, 2220 Cambie St, Vancouver, 4 – 7 pm

January 24: Best Buy, 4805 Kingsway, Burnaby, 12 – 3 pm

January 25: Best Buy, 10025 King George Blvd, Surrey, 12 – 3 pm

Alberta:

January 29: Best Buy, 9931 – 19th Ave NW, Edmonton, 4 – 7 pm

January 30: Future Shop, 10304 109th St, Edmonton, 4 – 7 pm

January 31: Best Buy, 17539 Stony Plain Rd NW, Edmonton, 12 – 3 pm

February 1: Future Shop, 9560 170th St, Edmonton, 12 – 3 pm

February 5: Best Buy, 350 Stewart Green SW, Calgary, 4 – 7pm

February 6: Best Buy, 3221 Sunridge Way NE, Calgary, 4 – 7 pm

February 7: Best Buy, 8180 11th St SE, Calgary, 12 – 3 pm

February 8: Best Buy, 5111 Northland Dr NW, Calgary, 12 – 3 pm

There is usually something for these types of things in my city. There was for the Smash demo, the E3 Demos, and the Wii U Experience. It would've been nice to get a Majora's Mask key chain, and to try the new 3D on the New 3DS.

zroid

Banned
I want to go to the one in downtown Toronto this Saturday but every time I go to a Nintendo thing it tends to be... Less than ideal.

heh well you can stock up on StreetPasses, at least :p

there's one a 2 minute drive from my place so I'll probably check it out

ohlawd

ffs

I work all afternoon on Saturday ;_;

edit: wait no I got my dates wrong. I can go on the Sunday one but I'll be late one hour. Awwwwww yeah going for sure

edit2: double fuck, two hours late cuz fucking work.

Cynar

The $330 Kinect/Ryse refurb at the source has never looked more interesting. The only game I'd likely ever play would be Forza though so I think I'll pass.
I ended up going with the $399 ass creed bundle at best buy since I had a $50 gift card kicking around. Going to try and trade the codes on kijiji for the MCC collection. I knew I should've bought it during boxing week for $40 ;(

Top Bottom