• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Why are you scalping here?

If you posted this in the Amiibo Discussion Thread you would be torn apart.

Sorry, didn't mean to come off like that. Between what they cost with shipping in the first place, and what it'll cost to ship out again (we don't have the luxury of America's cheap as hell mail service), I'm really only making about $10, (which I think is fair). I know it sounds like a lot though.

I promise, It's not like I'm making $30 off it or anything, I just figured the guarantee of someone here getting one would be worth it. That's why I bought it from an import site, I didn't want to deal with the headache of lines and worrying.

Edit: You're right though, it was probably a post better suited for the B/S/T thread. I just wanted Canadians to see it first, as shipping to the US wouldnt be worth it for either party.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
tried dat new 3ds Xl at best buy

nice. c stick is perfect for camera control as I suspected. Im not sure how it'll hold up for something like a FPS but I've no interest in playing an FPS on 3DS so...
Were you there today? I was like 10th in line because I was busy talking to someone when the line formed even though I was the second guy there. Yeah, anyone thinking they'll be able to use the c-stick in a FPS will be disappointed. The Nintendo rep noticed I was trying to make the 3D break by tilting the n3DS and commented about it. It was more difficult to lose the 3D effect but I did lose it a few times.

eWgemNWl.jpg

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Were you there today? I was like 10th in line because I was busy talking to someone when the line formed even though I was the second guy there. Yeah, anyone thinking they'll be able to use the c-stick in a FPS will be disappointed. The Nintendo rep noticed I was trying to make the 3D break by tilting the n3DS and commented about it. It was more difficult to lose the 3D effect but I did lose it a few times.

The keychain is surprisingly disappointing

zroid

Banned

yep! when I got there (3:50 ish) the line was by the end of the blu-ray rack.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Ah well I don't mind giving that to a friend then. How busy was it?
I didn't pay attention to how long the line was but there were a bunch of people when I left. There was an older lady playing MM next to me and she kept asking the Nintendo rep for another keychain. Guy told her he couldn't give her another one but that if she showed up at 7pm when they were packing up and they still had some left over then he would give her another one.

Anth0ny

Anyone in Canada actually have Prime? Do you think it's worth it?

I have a 6 month free trial for being a student or something.

It basically reverts everything back to how it was before Prime. So the free shipping actually delivers to my house within 1 or 2 days instead of the garbage free shipping that everyone gets on Amazon.ca now.

I have been debating Prime myself.

I still have enough retail stores close to me to grab product day one.

Maybe if Amazon does an E3 sale again this year I will jump on Prime for day 1 delivery.

If I have prime when I make the order, does that shipping speed still apply if my Prime runs out before it ships? Might be worth to try it out during E3 time...

I have a 6 month free trial for being a student or something.

It basically reverts everything back to how it was before Prime. So the free shipping actually delivers to my house within 1 or 2 days instead of the garbage free shipping that everyone gets on Amazon.ca now.

Ugh, Amazon is the worst for that. I'm in Vancouver there is a warehouse literally an hour away. And yet Free Shipping can take days and days.

So going through the process 10 times will get you $100 for $85.

I wonder if PayPal would flag your account for doing it over and over again.

c-murph

If I have prime when I make the order, does that shipping speed still apply if my Prime runs out before it ships? Might be worth to try it out during E3 time...

Ugh, Amazon is the worst for that. I'm in Vancouver there is a warehouse literally an hour away. And yet Free Shipping can take days and days.

Really? I'm from Northern Ontario - Items usually ship from Mississauga for me and I have them literally by the next day if amazon ships it out by the day's end.

Did you notice any ghosting with the n3DS?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Guys think it's a good idea to jump on the $30USD Far Cry 4 deal right now?

With the dollar I don't see it dropping to/below $40 here any time soon.

antibolo

Banned

PayPal actually asked me a captcha on the 3rd one lol.
And then it stalled in a loop where it said the exchange rate changed.

I waited a few minutes and it worked fine afterwards.

I wouldn't worry about PayPal flagging your account, I once did around 15 $5 donations to Child's Play in a single weekend for a marathon, and while it actually triggered my credit card's fraud detection (they called me to confirm it was legit), PayPal didn't care.

Really? I'm from Northern Ontario - Items usually ship from Mississauga for me and I have them literally by the next day if amazon ships it out by the day's end.

It's hit and miss. Sometimes it can be perfect, sometimes...not so much. Best Buy/Future Shop on the other hand, are complete dreams to deal with.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If anyone is interested, I have two of these coming my way on import. I'll send one to a Canadian Gaffer for $50 shipped via paypal. Keep in mind it's the Japanese one, so the packaging is as picured (actual amiibo looks and works exactly the same)

http://4u.pacn.ws/640/lp/amiibo-super-smash-bros-series-figure-rosetta-chiko-390873.1.jpg
I really want one of these, but I don't know if I could live with myself if I spent 50 bucks on it. lol

Have they announced anything for Canada yet?

http://gamedealdaily.com/playstation-4/playstation-store-10-credit-canada/

Found this on RFD

Get $10 in PSN credit emailed for 6.75 USD, so it's about $8.40 CDN.

I just bought one, got the email within 2 minutes and entered the code. Checks out fine.

You can only add one to your cart though, so you'll have to go through multiple transactions if you want more. And it's PP only.

Edit: I type slow, lol.

PayPal actually asked me a captcha on the 3rd one lol.
And then it stalled in a loop where it said the exchange rate changed.

I waited a few minutes and it worked fine afterwards.

I wouldn't worry about PayPal flagging your account, I once did around 15 $5 donations to Child's Play in a single weekend for a marathon, and while it actually triggered my credit card's fraud detection (they called me to confirm it was legit), PayPal didn't care.

Sooo...you guys can actually just click under "quantity" in your cart, type in the number that you want, and then press enter to update it. Much easier than going through paypal multiple times.

Reveirg

Why is there no day 1 shipping for the Type-0 CE? Am I missing something?

Quoting myself from last page:
EDIT: Does anyone have any experience with Amazon.ca's priority shipping? I'm choosing the fastest shipping and it says: "Delivery Estimate: Monday, March 23, 2015 - Tuesday, March 24, 2015"
That's 1 week past release date...

EDIT 2: Asked their customer service, told me: "This looks like an error. Sincere apologies for this inconvenience. I'm positive that you'll receive the item within 1-2 business days after the release.
However, to make up for the delay, I've waived of the shipping charges of $12.48."
'Dat customer service.

Still annoyed that there's no Day 1 option, oh well.

antibolo

Banned
Sooo...you guys can actually just click under "quantity" in your cart, type in the number that you want, and then press enter to update it. Much easier than going through paypal multiple times.

Nope, it says "Item limit exceeded! You cannot purchase any more copies of that item"

I really want one of these, but I don't know if I could live with myself if I spent 50 bucks on it. lol

Have they announced anything for Canada yet?

It's mainly because, doing a dummy transaction on Canada Post with amiibo dimensions from Amazon, it'll cost me $13-15 to mail within canada. Realistically I could do $45, but I'll be damned if I lose money on this thing haha, especially considering it's so hard to find.

This is far from me "scalping", I assure you :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's mainly because, doing a dummy transaction on Canada Post with amiibo dimensions from Amazon, it'll cost me $13-15 to mail within canada. Realistically I could do $45, but I'll be damned if I lose money on this thing haha, especially considering it's so hard to find.

This is far from me "scalping", I assure you :p
Oh, I completely understand. I really wish I had the foresight to look at international places to buy one.

I fucking hate Nintendo for creating this situation in the first place. Especially with all this exclusive stuff. :/

That said, if I can't get a Rosalina, then at least I can rage quit and never buy another Amiibo ever again.

Joeku

http://gamedealdaily.com/playstation-4/playstation-store-10-credit-canada/

Found this on RFD

Get $10 in PSN credit emailed for 6.75 USD, so it's about $8.40 CDN.

I just bought one, got the email within 2 minutes and entered the code. Checks out fine.

You can only add one to your cart though, so you'll have to go through multiple transactions if you want more. And it's PP only.

Edit: I type slow, lol.
Now that I can't buy it at Target, this is a great way to renew my PS+ for less than full retail. That's crazy.

Nope, it says "Item limit exceeded! You cannot purchase any more copies of that item"

I was able to buy two of them at the same time.

edit:

alright, I'd like to buy a couple more since Yakuza 5 is supposed to be released this year.

Would it be fair to assume that the game might cost $39.99 at release? or do you think it'll be closer to $50?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was able to buy two of them at the same time.

edit:

alright, I'd like to buy a couple more since Yakuza 5 is supposed to be released this year.

Would it be fair to assume that the game might cost $39.99 at release? or do you think it'll be closer to $50?
You'd think if they wanted it to sell, they'd be realistic and release it for 40. But they also know that fans will pay any price for it.

Jinto

Anyone in Canada actually have Prime? Do you think it's worth it?

I have Prime. It depends on how much you order items that are less than $25. For me, it's worth it, since I pretty much would have paid more than the cost of Prime on one very large order I made. Plus, I share with family and friends. I find, when it comes to pre-orders, it doesn't really matter much. I get my stuff the same time as everyone else, which is usually late. Keep in mind Prime only works with items sold or fulfilled by Amazon, so you still have to pay shipping if you buy from their marketplace.

lol I managed to place two seperate orders for the $10 PSN code and now it's sold out.
I noticed on the 2nd order it said something along the lines of the quantity of the item being at -4. But the order went through with paypal anyways?
We'll see what happens I guess.

and god help us all if you fail...

Haha if I fail the exact range of emotions will go like this

"go fucking damn it"

*ten minutes later*

"what's for dinner?"

Then after that, I can proceed to only buying the ones I want, like a rational adult. Or better yet, none of them until they release something that actually justifies their existence.

Haha if I fail the exact range of emotions will go like this

"go fucking damn it"

*ten minutes later*

"what's for dinner?"

Then after that, I can proceed to only buying the ones I want, like a rational adult. Or better yet, none of them until they release something that actually justifies their existence.

I have only ever ordered two of those amiibos and that's because I really liked the game.

Yep. Two shulks. I bought a second because I couldn't think of a filler item to get free shipping on.

Damn, nice.
How many did you manage to pick up before it sold out? I only managed to get two codes. :/

In my case, I bought 5 of them. I figure it'll be enough for yakuza 5 when its released.

(I hope)

Joeku

Damn, nice.
How many did you manage to pick up before it sold out? I only managed to get two codes. :/

Made a single order of three to go with the $15 or so I had in my wallet from a gift.

I'll take that $35 sub like the damn stores should have had it for this Black Friday/Boxing Day anyway, dammit.

Top Bottom