• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The loonie over the past year..

IXZKOIA.gif

Rione

Why is the Canadian dollar decreasing in value?

We're a nation that's highly dependent on exporting natural resources and that's what primarily dictates the value of our dollar ... which I wish it didn't. Oil prices are what's impacting us right now, although last time I checked didn't oil exports only account for 5% of our GDP?

Oh well guess I'll need to be more frugal and rely on this thread more for my gaming needs.

and secretly do shady things for extra money *coughs*

If I pre-order bloodborne in PSN today, would that lock the price? or do they charge the credit card at release with the price at release? .

Rione

If I pre-order bloodborne in PSN today, would that lock the price? or do they charge the credit card at release with the price at release? .

Depends where you order it from. Places like bestbuy will probably pre-order guarantee you, where as EBgames will not. I've had EBGames make me pay more to keep an order before because of currency/inflation (NEVER AGAIN!).

But that being said I'm locked in for a bloodborne pre-order at videogamesplus.ca for 59.99, I'd suggest them or maybe bestbuy as an option.

big_z

That's the paypal rate guys.
That doesn't make it any better though...

Speaking of paypal, I have hundreds in USD in my canadian account. Is the amount it says in CAD how much ill get using their currency exchange tool or is there a hidden fee?

I can't tell because there's about a 2.7% discrepancy between xe.com and paypals cad value.

Speaking of paypal, I have hundreds in USD in my canadian account. Is the amount it says in CAD how much ill get using their currency exchange tool or is there a hidden fee?

I can't tell because there's about a 2.7% discrepancy between xe.com and paypals cad value.

there is no hidden fee, their exchange rate already has some margin built into it.

Anony

huge thanks Llyranor, i will be getting gc adapter eventually

i will help people buy gc adapters if it ever shows up again and i see it (it probably will never happen because it will update during work hours)

Banned
Man Sony makes going digital hard with those fucken high prices. $40 for tomb raider, a port of a last gen game that's two years old? Cmon. I've seen that for $20. Plus those E3 deals at futureshop and best buy and Amazon are amazing. I think I'll stick to physical.

Aerocia

Man Sony makes going digital hard with those fucken high prices. $40 for tomb raider, a port of a last gen game that's two years old? Cmon. I've seen that for $20. Plus those E3 deals at futureshop and best buy and Amazon are amazing. I think I'll stick to physical.

Unless a digital game is significantly cheaper or unavailable physically, I don't think I could ever go 100% digital. I'm not big on collections, but I like having the sense that I truly own the game and can sell it if I decide I'm done with it.

khaaan

Depends where you order it from. Places like bestbuy will probably pre-order guarantee you, where as EBgames will not. I've had EBGames make me pay more to keep an order before because of currency/inflation (NEVER AGAIN!).

But that being said I'm locked in for a bloodborne pre-order at videogamesplus.ca for 59.99, I'd suggest them or maybe bestbuy as an option.

$65 now. BestBuy has it for $5 more =(

I guess...I guess this is a good time to catch up on backlog and hidden gems from past gens.

Canon

Banned
That's half the price I paid for the box set with 6 hard cover guides, a treasure chest, golden book mark and stuff.

Reveirg

Dammit, that sucks. If they make the FFXV demo available at the games launch I want to play it the second it's available to download.

I usually choose Free Super Saver Shipping and it usually arrives ~2-3 days after the release. I've had some games actually arrive on the release date occasionally. Using better shipping options, I think there's some hope it would arrive in time...

Jinto

DEAL!!!

The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide (Hardcover) for $25.82 (goes for $40 at EB). http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/1101898437/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=15121&creative=330641&creativeASIN=1101898437&linkCode=as2&tag=gamesdeals08-20

Bought, thanks!

Where did you get that for $50?

Not sure where Canon bought it from, but the box set was selling for $60 at my local chapters a few months back.

Cynar

Have to exchange the xbone I just bought on Wednesday. Too many crashes, thought it was the MCC collection but I tried other games and it would still hard crash and turn the xbone off. I could even get it to crash going into the settings. I tried everything I read to fix it, even downloaded the update again and did it through USB but still had consistent crashing which would turn the xbone off. :(

Anth0ny

DEAL!!!

The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide (Hardcover) for $25.82 (goes for $40 at EB). http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/1101898437/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=15121&creative=330641&creativeASIN=1101898437&linkCode=as2&tag=gamesdeals08-20

Hmm, was just thinking about this today.

Bought.

Amount of money I've sunk into this Majora's Mask remake is reaching unhealthy territory.

MM New 3DS, MMLE, European MMLE, Hardcover MM guide. Fuck.

Jinto

I know! *hugs*

For me it's the guide, Amiibo's, MMLE and Kirbys Rainbow Curse. Why did I do this to my wallet?

Yeah, actually all of February is gonna be expensive. I probably need to cancel some of my pre-orders, but who knows if they raise prices soon or not.

Damn! Is the current lowest price what Amazon has now? I would have definitely got it for $60 if I knew, and was able.

Looks like it, but you can try and check Chapters. Sometimes their in-store prices don't match their online ones.

anything special with the EU LE?

Comes with a steelbook, poster, and pin badge instead of the figurine.

Meh, I prefer the NA Majora LE. I'd rather have a substantial collectible that I can display over a bunch of trinkets. The pin is sweet, but figure's better. Plus we can get the pin anyway, if we're so inclined.

Posters are the worst. Who's putting up these posters? I'm not 13 years old :p

I like the pin badge and the steel case, they both look pretty cool. Poster is kind of meh though, you can even print your own poster if you want to...

ohlawd

Meh, I prefer the NA Majora LE. I'd rather have a substantial collectible that I can display over a bunch of trinkets. The pin is sweet, but figure's better. Plus we can get the pin anyway, if we're so inclined.

Posters are the worst. Who's putting up these posters? I'm not 13 years old :p

I have so many rolled up posters in my closet. I like the idea that I own it even if I don't do anything with them. Not even look at them. And it's not just posters either. Basically everything that usually come with special editions.

baconcow

Picked up the Zelda box set for $60 and pre-ordered the Majora's Mask guide. Realized I am missing the A Link Between Worlds guide. What to do? Sold out everywhere. Only overpriced scalper prices. :(

Well with all the Best Buy (.com) cancellations happening south of the boarder for the MM n3dsxl bundles....

I got an update for the one that I ordered from FS for my son. It's ready and just waiting for it's release date.

Has there been any cancellations here in Canada yet? Apparently bb.com over sold. But there was that rumor of them cancelling any orders from people with multiple orders. BUT, the people that are getting cancelled, are those who only had one ordered.

Top Bottom