• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Chilikar

You still save a bunch of money considering the poor exchange rate as of now.

And no chances of having to pay customs (or shipment getting delayed because of customs).

That's definitely true, I've factored that in as well. It's a tough decision for sure, maybe I'll just sell the E3 copy and keep the collector's edition.

espher

no little mac amiibo and no GC adaptor both cause of stock issues, thanks nintendo.

I've got a spare Mac that I may be able to part with (was holding for a friend, ostensibly for a Lucario trade, so I need to wait) if you're still interested in a few weeks.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
A $99 USD CE is $129.99 CND?

Ouch.

I would have gone for that LE at $99.

That's what a conservative majority gets you. And drones, lots of drones to appease Harpers robo-fetish

Ok Oshawa ain't closing but theyre one of the few stores not to receive anymore trucks since traffic is the lowest apparently. Most stores will continue to get trucks

Tried the new 3DS XL last night. Seems pretty solid. It's harder to compare it to my XL since it's in a case but it seems sleeker and has curves that remind me of the iPhone 6.

The D-pad is smaller and the face buttons seem less loose. The head-tracking 3D works pretty well.

I don't like the Oshawa Target. The customer service sucks there. The store itself is nice enough, but that's it.

Good thing I don't live there, and hardly ever bother with Tar-jay.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Tried the new 3DS XL last night. Seems pretty solid. It's harder to compare it to my XL since it's in a case but it seems sleeker and has curves that remind me of the iPhone 6.

The D-pad is smaller and the face buttons seem less loose. The head-tracking 3D works pretty well.

I've only played with the OG N3DS, but yeah, I think it feels like a solid machine. The nub is really stiff, oddly so.. but it works. And the improved 3D is real. Not sure if I'll use it much more, but you can really move around and keep focus. For the few minutes I played with N3DS, it seemed to strain my eyes less.

It's a beautiful system, but I don't like the glossy outer shell which smudges easily. I wish it was matte.

The auto-brightness is also annoying, but it's otherwise really good.

Does it smudge as easily as the original 3ds?

No ,i don't think so. The n3DS has an interesting look. It's almost like a matte look, but with a coat of gloss over it (I'm speaking from only seeing the black one). You can see smudges, but the paint job underneath hides them better than the one on the OG 3ds did.

My hands also sweat, so there's that. My OCD hates it, but there's nothing that I can do outside of finding gloves to wear. Ones that are cheap and can be thrown out after use.

My hands also sweat, so there's that. My OCD hates it, but there's nothing that I can do outside of finding gloves to wear. Ones that are cheap and can be thrown out after use.

just get those super cheap/thin mittens (you know the ones, those common things can are like 97 cents) and cut the finger tips off.

just get those super cheap/thin mittens (you know the ones, those common things can are like 97 cents) and cut the finger tips off.

Then I'd obsess over any lint coming off of them, lol

Plus, if they don't come in a package and aren't sealed I won't consider them clean.

I'll stop with the craziness, though.

Lexxism

Looks like you need to buy Majora Mask AND STEAM to get the MM pin from EB. Isn't it only STEAM in the US?
H90l3Vm.jpg

The other day I was looking at my shelf of amiibos and had some serious buyer's remorse. I think I may cancel my remaining pre-orders...I think I totally fell into the hype machine trap.

Damnit Nintendo.

NEW DEAL

GTA V for Xbox One - $44.99 + free shipping

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...Theft-Auto-V-for-Xbox-One/productID.310957000

Decent deal for the game new.

Nice! price match at FS/BB for more savings

The other day I was looking at my shelf of amiibos and had some serious buyer's remorse. I think I may cancel my remaining pre-orders...I think I totally fell into the hype machine trap.

Damnit Nintendo.

Hurrrrrrrrrd that

philberto

Neo Member
If anyone in Halifax is interested in a pre-order for the Majora's Mask 3DS I'm thinking about giving mine up. I'm having seconds thoughts about whether or not the upgrade is worth it.

CRA5H

Yeah I feel the same. After Wave 3.. I'm only gonna grab Ness, Charizard, Pac-man, and Robin..

fuck it might as well get Lucina and Wario while I'm at it. Nintendo > Me

Looks like you need to buy Majora Mask AND STEAM to get the MM pin from EB. Isn't it only STEAM in the US?

That makes more sense then getting the pin for MM by buying Code Name S.T.E.A.M., but I still thinking people buying MM only deserve the pin. I'm personally getting just Code Name S.T.E.A.M. of the two, so no pin for me and that's fine.

Kilvin

Looks like Shulk has been removed from the EB games website. Not sure what it means, if anything but might be worth keeping an eye on for a bit.

zroid

Banned
tried dat new 3ds Xl at best buy

nice. c stick is perfect for camera control as I suspected. Im not sure how it'll hold up for something like a FPS but I've no interest in playing an FPS on 3DS so...

Renewed

Gamecube Adapter ordered from Amazon yesterday just shipped. Arrival on Thursday. Gonna go grab some GC controllers from EB tomorrow when I do my trade-ins for the n3DS.

Maybe also visit the n3DS hands-on event later on at Best Buy, although that's an hour away... it's always like this. It was a pain to head to the Smash Bros event too.

zroid

Banned
by the way there was a new 3ds Xl with majoras mask set up at the toys r us down the hall from the best buy too lol

no lineup there either :p

If anyone is interested, I have two of these coming my way on import. I'll send one to a Canadian Gaffer for $50 shipped via paypal. Keep in mind it's the Japanese one, so the packaging is as picured (actual amiibo looks and works exactly the same)

amiibo-super-smash-bros-series-figure-rosetta-chiko-390873.1.jpg

Why are you scalping here?

If you posted this in the Amiibo Discussion Thread you would be torn apart.

Top Bottom