• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

cocopuffs

Banned
fuck you amazon, i had it in the cart, went to proceed and then out of stock.

actually fuck you nintendo.

and amazon.

:(

no little mac amiibo and no GC adaptor both cause of stock issues, thanks nintendo.

Canon

Banned
I got one but had to pay shipping + no ebates.

I could've ordered a bunch and resold them but was too lazy honestly.

isny

napkin dispenser
Picked up my package. I'm not dead, wasn't a bomb, wasn't hookers or blow either =(

It was my package from DealExtreme. Since when do they ship from the Netherlands?

Llyranor

Oh dear. I jumped on the Gamecube adapter on Amazon as soon as I saw it in stock.

But I already ordered a Mayflash one on Play-asia as well. Just checked my order and it's 'preparing', so I can't cancel it either.

I don't necessarily want to cancel the Amazon, but I also don't need 2 adapters (nor does anyone else in my surroundings seem to need one). But, I don't mind cancelling it if a GAFer gets it. How does Amazon work? If I cancel, does it automatically add 1 back in stock?

djblue89

Oh dear. I jumped on the Gamecube adapter on Amazon as soon as I saw it in stock.

But I already ordered a Mayflash one on Play-asia as well. Just checked my order and it's 'preparing', so I can't cancel it either.

I don't necessarily want to cancel the Amazon, but I also don't need 2 adapters (nor does anyone else in my surroundings seem to need one). But, I don't mind cancelling it if a GAFer gets it. How does Amazon work? If I cancel, does it automatically add 1 back in stock?

You could get someone to Paypal you the amount and just change the Amazon shipping address to the persons address

Why not just have it shipped to a fellow gaffer?

Llyranor

Oh yeah, it's true, I can just change the address.

So, erm, anyone want a gamecube adapter? CDN$ 28.72 is the total cost of the order (incl. taxes + shipping). Paypal would be ideal.

First quote gets it, I guess.

zroid

Banned
Oh yeah, it's true, I can just change the address.

So, erm, anyone want a gamecube adapter? CDN$ 28.72 is the total cost of the order (incl. taxes + shipping). Paypal would be ideal.

First quote gets it, I guess.

Let that poor guy anony have it, lol

you can also consider this the first quote, and I'm transferring rights to him :p

Llyranor

Let that poor guy anony have it, lol

you can also consider this the first quote, and I'm transferring rights to him :p
Haha, just went back through the thread. Poor anony!

PM me if you're still interested, anony.

Mind you, right now the delivery estimate is listed as February 4, 2015 for some reason (I thought they were in stock-stock, usually amazon sends me my stuff in 2 days, haha)

Haha, just went back through the thread. Poor anony!

PM me if you're still interested, anony.

Mind you, right now the delivery estimate is listed as February 4, 2015 for some reason (I thought they were in stock-stock, usually amazon sends me my stuff in 2 days, haha)

So he's getting it?

mdubs

Banned
Dunno if this got posted already, but:

NEW... deal? ish?

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Collector's Edition pre-orders are up on Amazon.ca. $129.99. I got one just because of how quickly they seemed to disappear elsewhere, but I honestly don't know if I want it or not. I do love artbooks but boy is that a lot of cash.

I might have been in at $100 but considering I'm paying $48.99 for the game already I can't justify paying more than twice the price for the collector's edition.

I'm half joking, but can we create a separate Nintendo-related Gaming Deals and Discussion thread? I know there are ebbs and flows to these things, but Christ it's been nothing but Amiibos and frigging adapters for months.

Sora_N

I'm half joking, but can we create a separate Nintendo-related Gaming Deals and Discussion thread? I know there are ebbs and flows to these things, but Christ it's been nothing but Amiibos and frigging adapters for months.

Maybe if Nintendo fucking stocks their products.

Look at the Canadian dollar. If it weren't for amiibos and adapters, we'd have nothing to talk about. Because we sure as shit ain't getting any good deals, and the future looks no brighter.

Maximus.

Just wait until some new games come out and people go back to talking about their preorder shipments!!!!!!!!

To be fair, a lot of the discussion has been great, it just happens that Nintendo has been releasing a ton of rare shit recently. Thanks to this thread I have caught some stuff that I really wanted. I can understand how it may get annoying though when you're not interested, just how shipping discussion annoys me.

Reveirg

NEW... deal? ish?

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Collector's Edition pre-orders are up on Amazon.ca. $129.99. I got one just because of how quickly they seemed to disappear elsewhere, but I honestly don't know if I want it or not. I do love artbooks but boy is that a lot of cash.

Awesome, thanks for posting this.
I just can't resist the CE. I had ordered on S-E, but with the 35$ shipping and the way the canadian dollar's falling, it was getting quite expensive... =) This option's better, and no chance of it getting stuck in customs.

EDIT: Does anyone have any experience with Amazon.ca's priority shipping? I'm choosing the fastest shipping and it says: "Delivery Estimate: Monday, March 23, 2015 - Tuesday, March 24, 2015"
That's 1 week past release date...

EDIT 2: Asked their customer service, told me: "This looks like an error. Sincere apologies for this inconvenience. I'm positive that you'll receive the item within 1-2 business days after the release.
However, to make up for the delay, I've waived of the shipping charges of $12.48.
"
'Dat customer service.

zroid

Banned
Guys. EBGames finally updated the release date for the Shulk amiibo.

Jan 30!

NSEKHdw.png

Vamphuntr

NEW... deal? ish?

Holy shit I got it. Fuck it time to start saving for it I guess. I've been anticipating this for WAY too long now and I digged the PSP version.

I still have FF Type-0 from the BB E3 pre-orders. So I guess I have a month or so to decide which one I wanna go with.

Holy shit I got it. Fuck it time to start saving for it I guess. I've been anticipating this for WAY too long now and I digged the PSP version.

I still have FF Type-0 from the BB E3 pre-orders. So I guess I have a month or so to decide which one I wanna go with.

I'll paypal you $55 to ship me the E3 one if you decide against it

Edit: That goes to anyone who got an E3 preorder, but wants the LE instead

c-murph

NEW... deal? ish?

Oh, Preordered!

I was going to get it off the Squarenix site for a $136 USD. Saves me a bit of cash. Now it'll sit on my shelf with all my other collector's edition games I never play...

Guys, I've got a Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate N3DS demo code (NA region). It's free for the taking.

Also: I hope there'll still be good stuff left when Target goes into liquidation. Hopefully people won't stupidly hoard the good gaming stuff before the sales even start.

Taken

Chilikar

NEW... deal? ish?

Wow, about time for it to come out. Yeah, the game comes to about the same price as the Square Enix website after tax.... I'm not sure it's worth it either. Especially since I have the E3 deal going on with this one

i-Jest

For those that want the adapter, why not get the Mayflash Wii U/PC adapter? It's pretty much the same thing. It's nowhere near as difficult to get either. Most third party accessories aren't worth the money but this seems legit. I haven't heard anything bad about it. Has anyone else?

Reveirg

Wow, about time for it to come out. Yeah, the game comes to about the same price as the Square Enix website after tax.... I'm not sure it's worth it either. Especially since I have the E3 deal going on with this one

You still save a bunch of money considering the poor exchange rate as of now.

And no chances of having to pay customs (or shipment getting delayed because of customs).

Top Bottom