• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Past

Well with all the Best Buy (.com) cancellations happening south of the boarder for the MM n3dsxl bundles....

I got an update for the one that I ordered from FS for my son. It's ready and just waiting for it's release date.

Has there been any cancellations here in Canada yet? Apparently bb.com over sold. But there was that rumor of them cancelling any orders from people with multiple orders. BUT, the people that are getting cancelled, are those who only had one ordered.

That email is automatic, doesn't mean anything. I still get that email for TLG lol. But I don't see FS/BB cancelling our orders though, seems like BB US messed up with their stock.

That email is automatic, doesn't mean anything. I still get that email for TLG lol. But I don't see FS/BB cancelling our orders though, seems like BB US messed up with their stock.

Here's hoping. My son's a huge Zelda fan. He hasn't saved enough cash up yet for the console, so I covered it so that he'd at least not miss out. I guess we'll see. Not much longer now.

Returners

Btw, since the Canadian dollar is crap now.

Both Saints Row IV next gen and Devil May Cry Definitive Edition are the same price as their US counterparts on Bestbuy.ca

Btw, since the Canadian dollar is crap now.

Both Saints Row IV next gen and Devil May Cry Definitive Edition are the same price as their US counterparts on Bestbuy.ca

I'm tempted by DmC, but that game is ripe for a PS Plus sale in the near future. Both of them are. Plus, Feb-June are wayyyyy too packed with games to be paying full price for remasters.

Renewed

Question about the n3DSXL trade-in offer for 5 games: If I traded in 4 eligible games, I'd get $80 off correct? I'm trading in any eligible 360 games and MH3DS but don't want to part with anything else.

Mimosa97

Anyone here has a mobile subscription with Public Mobile ?

The Moto G phone they gave me last summer just died. Where can i find a public mobile store in montreal ?

Their site is under beta testing which makes it impossible to access the help section and there's no store locator on their website. Does anyone know if they closed all of their stores ?

Looks like the Bay & Dundas Best Buy in Toronto is going to have a permanent N3DS XL display up.

I got there after the Nintendo reps were leaving and there was one just sitting in the gaming section free to use.

The 3D effect works great and the nub felt good to.

Not too long now.

zroid

Banned
Looks like the Bay & Dundas Best Buy in Toronto is going to have a permanent N3DS XL display up.

I got there after the Nintendo reps were leaving and there was one just sitting in the gaming section free to use.

Not too long now.

There's already one of those in the Markville Toys R Us with MM3D. Probably a lot of stores got them set up without much fanfare.

Not too long now.

Oh cool. I was kinda hoping BB and FS would start putting in those displays. I'll check out the Bay & Dundas one after work sometime next week then.

the3ye

Went to n3DS XL sneek peek today at BestBuy in Metrotown.
Playing Majora was nice, 3D effect is much better compared to original XL, but man...I still want the regular size. Guys over there were clueless about any info about availability, but they said "We know that Nintendo is aware of the demand, please wait a bit longer for more news" Got the keychain, it's cheap, but free.
On my way home I visited EB, they set up a stand with nDS XL as well. So no need to stay in line at BestBuy/Futureshop.

Question about the n3DSXL trade-in offer for 5 games: If I traded in 4 eligible games, I'd get $80 off correct? I'm trading in any eligible 360 games and MH3DS but don't want to part with anything else.

Yes it's tiered so you can bring in 1-5 games for the promo (they have to qualify though).

I called a Target last night, and the CSR in gaming was really nice. He checked their controller stock, and said that there were still quite a few but that he didn't know when their liquidation would occur.

Apparently they have 'most' games left, too.

If I could get a DS4 and an Xbox One pad for $70, I'd be happy. I double-checked, and actually have $84 in gift cards to use.

Just been told from Amazon.ca customer service that they will not receive Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Collector's Edition from their suppliers until March 20th and then it will ship from that date so I might not get it until a week after release :(

Someone else in this thread had gotten the same one week late estimation date, but their's sounded like it was resolved.

Kinda sucky for me, but hopefully it's all just estimates and the game ships sooner.

Joeku

I called a Target last night, and the CSR in gaming was really nice. He checked their controller stock, and said that there were still quite a few but that he didn't know when their liquidation would occur.

Apparently they have 'most' games left, too.

If I could get a DS4 and an Xbox One pad for $70, I'd be happy. I double-checked, and actually have $84 in gift cards to use.

Use them before they decide to stop accepting them. Seriously.

Reveirg

Just been told from Amazon.ca customer service that they will not receive Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Collector's Edition from their suppliers until March 20th and then it will ship from that date so I might not get it until a week after release :(

Someone else in this thread had gotten the same one week late estimation date, but their's sounded like it was resolved.

Kinda sucky for me, but hopefully it's all just estimates and the game ships sooner.

They told me I'd get it within 1-2 days after release, but the estimate hasn't changed on my account, still a week later.

My guess is they just don't know and don't want to take any chance? But considering the S-E store is shipping them a week before release date, I'm sure amazon.ca will get them in time.

joshaube

Neo Member
I can't do business with BestBuy.ca anymore. They're in the stone-age when it comes to online shopping. My last experience with them was the Captain Toad fiasco, and after several phone calls and e-mails, I still didn't have my total adjusted. I had to return my pre-order and buy the game at regular price in-store. That's a joke.

They told me I'd get it within 1-2 days after release, but the estimate hasn't changed on my account, still a week later.

My guess is they just don't know and don't want to take any chance? But considering the S-E store is shipping them a week before release date, I'm sure amazon.ca will get them in time.

Ah, okay that makes sense, thanks. My initial reaction was that they just don't know when they'll get them and were working off a worst-case scenario, so if SE is shipping them out early then yeah, you are probably right that Amazon.ca will get them early enough.

CRA5H

Anybody know where I can find a copy of Star Fox 3DS? Its my favorite game on the N64 and I'm getting my first 3DS on the 13th of Feb.

I really regret not picking it up for $10 at FS and BB a couple years back..

Anybody know where I can find a copy of Star Fox 3DS? Its my favorite game on the N64 and I'm getting my first 3DS on the 13th of Feb.

I looked everywhere a month back and found only one at toys r us for $40, maybe try there.

mdubs

Banned

Try your local Walmart, but expect to pay full price. Or just get from the eshop.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I was looking for one a while back too, no luck. Inflated prices everywhere.

RE_Player

Amazon does pre order price guarantee. The price will only change for you if it goes lower.
I meant I'm worried if I didn't pre-order it now the price will rise.

This whole weak dollar thing is the worst. Constantly comparing prices to try and guess what games price will rise and what not.

Use them before they decide to stop accepting them. Seriously.

Thanks. I plan to.

I was worried they would stop taking them at a certain date, so I emailed Target. Apparently they'll take them throughout the liquidation process, but not at American stores - at least, according to two reps.

One replied first, then I double-checked and another replied.

I hope they're right. But, if not, at least I have emails to show.

Reveirg

Ah, okay that makes sense, thanks. My initial reaction was that they just don't know when they'll get them and were working off a worst-case scenario, so if SE is shipping them out early then yeah, you are probably right that Amazon.ca will get them early enough.

I'm assuming the SE store will ship them for 3rd party sellers (amazon, bestbuy) at the same time as it will to customers, but I don't know firsthand.

I admit the whole situation is really annoying me, too. The fan in me wants all the goodies even though they're expensive, but also can't bear not to play a new FF day 1. -.-

SickBoy

Thanks. I plan to.

I was worried they would stop taking them at a certain date, so I emailed Target. Apparently they'll take them throughout the liquidation process, but not at American stores - at least, according to two reps.

One replied first, then I double-checked and another replied.

I hope they're right. But, if not, at least I have emails to show.

They have that information posted on their website. I posted a link earlier in this thread.

As the replies to that post noted, the big concern should just be ensuring you don't get stuck with them when all that's left in store are iPhone 4 cases and novelty oven mitts. Seems to me that there's inevitably a point in liquidation sales when selection goes from OK to woeful in a flash.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
They have that information posted on their website. I posted a link earlier in this thread.

As the replies to that post noted, the big concern should just be ensuring you don't get stuck with them when all that's left in store are iPhone 4 cases and novelty oven mitts. Seems to me that there's inevitably a point in liquidation sales when selection goes from OK to woeful in a flash.
Or worse yet, the store close to you closes and the next closest one is very far away.

Huh, hope that's the case then. I'm actually gonna resub to Amazon Prime after February since I apparently can get it for 50% off, so I'll take advantage of the better shipping options with Prime so FF Type-0 comes earlier.

Also are there any deals on XBL Gold? My free trial expires in 2 days.

DEAL

image.php

1.79 for 10 nuggets at Burger King >_>

Or 100 for 17.90$.

Very glad I still have a handful of pre-orders from 2013 still coming this year. The Order: 1886 at 40 dollars is even sweeter than it would have been back when things were at parity!

Very glad I still have a handful of pre-orders from 2013 still coming this year. The Order: 1886 at 40 dollars is even sweeter than it was last year!

Heard that. I still have about 10 games preordered. i think I might not buy any other games until they're on sale this year, or until the next E3. I have quite a few coming to me before june

Sealtest

I'm not looking forward to dealing with my current futureshop preorders that come in 2016... My card expires january 2016 and I remember seeing people getting screwed changing cards

Thanks for the reply and concern. I truly appreciate it.

I'm just awaiting news of when the sale will start, and plan to be there early on day one to get the small amount of stuff I'm interested in and get out. Even if I need to line-up at 5am for a 7am opening or something, that's fine. I'm a night owl anyways.

But, yeah, that scares me too.

I had to change the credit card info and billing address and such on my GameStop USA Shulk preorder. I did it over the phone with them.

Any experience doing this? Should I worry about it being an issue?

I made the order originally on the day they went live on the GameStop website.

Didn't have luck with EB Games Canada.

Sajjaja

I had to change the credit card info and billing address and such on my GameStop USA Shulk preorder. I did it over the phone with them.

Any experience doing this? Should I worry about it being an issue?

I made the order originally on the day they went live on the GameStop website.

Didn't have luck with EB Games Canada.

Perhaps ask for an order confirmation with the changes? I don't know if they do that.

Top Bottom