• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Remember to help make Bell a little poorer today guys by tagging all your tweets with #BellLetsTaIk

zroid

Banned
nHa9nku.png

I am getting fucked out of my online preorder for in store pickup... I can just feel it. Shulk is so close yet so far away.

I know I should not have trusted their pickup in store system.

I am getting fucked out of my online preorder for in store pickup... I can just feel it. Shulk is so close yet so far away.

I know I should not have trusted their pickup in store system.

I assume I'm reading it right that my online order for in store pick up of Shulk is only going to be available in Feb?

I assume I'm reading it right that my online order for in store pick up of Shulk is only going to be available in Feb?

At some point in February from the sound of it.

I'm just not too confident in their system yet.

I wish I had just ordered for delivery. It sounds like those orders are being honoured now.

zroid

Banned
At some point in February from the sound of it.

I'm just not too confident in their system yet.

I wish I had just ordered for delivery. It sounds like those orders are being honoured now.

I asked for clarification, they said *most* pick-up in store pre-orders will be available on Jan 30.

I'm just not sure whether they'll be honoured based on who pre-ordered first, or whether it's first come first served on Jan 30 (among those with pre-orders).

RaidenXZ

I'm still scared about my Megaman and Sonic online preorders from EB Games. Do you think they can cancel it on me? Because I really want my sonic and megaman amiibos lol

BlueStitch

Neo Member
Remember to help make Bell a little poorer today guys by tagging all your tweets with #BellLetsTaIk
Also, if you are under Bell for your cell phone and have unlimited texting, annoy your friends and family by breaking up all your texts into one word at a time messages. Tell them it's for a good cause and I'm sure they'll understand

I asked for clarification, they said *most* pick-up in store pre-orders will be available on Jan 30.

I'm just not sure whether they'll be honoured based on who pre-ordered first, or whether it's first come first served on Jan 30 (among those with pre-orders).

I would hope that it's based on who preordered first considering that is how EB usually operates.

That gives me a little hope since I preordered right after they went up online.

Has anyone ever done one of these order online for in store pickup things through EB? How does confirmation of your order being ready work?

zroid

Banned
The twitter account told me that the store will probably call you if your ISPU pre-order is ready... but you can feel free to call them if you want. :lol

The twitter account told me that the store will probably call you if your ISPU pre-order is ready... but you can feel free to call them if you want. :lol

Cool.

I wouldn't be able to go in until after work on Friday to pick it up.

I will make them swear a blood oath that they will hold my order until then.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Amazon was the worst for Wave 2.

I ended up cancelling most of them and hunting them down in stores.

Exactly what I ended up doing. In fact, I didn't get any of Wave 2 from my Amazon pre-orders, I just went and bought them all in store the day they launched. I'm dreading Wave 3 now, so I might go hunting on the 30th. Wave 4 I'm definitely doing through someone else. This hassle combined with Amazon's intentionally delayed shipping.. no thanks.

Why's that?

well i guess thats not true, i could print off the order confirmation. there are images of those all over the net though, even here on Gaf, for someone to just use. seems like a weird thing to get hung up on, especially since the order confirmation doesn't provide a serial number for you to cross reference. i guess i just don't understand the purpose of seeing a receipt if you're picking the thing up in person.

the handling of this amiibo thing gets dumber with each wave. i have them all preordered, and even i empathize with how stupid it is! i understand making sure preorders take priority, but to not have any at all of some figures for walk ins? what? how can these things be that limited? that doesn't even seem like good business in the "create a demand" sense, it just seems silly.

Kilvin

By the way has anyone seen Amiibos at Superstore?

I remember back during wave one they advertised carrying them but I never found them there.

the handling of this amiibo thing gets dumber with each wave. i have them all preordered, and even i empathize with how stupid it is! i understand making sure preorders take priority, but to not have any at all of some figures for walk ins? what? how can these things be that limited? that doesn't even seem like good business in the "create a demand" sense, it just seems silly.

The first wave had a pretty good supply of figures. Even the three rare ones could be found if you searched a few stores on day one. Now it just seems like Nintendo has caught on and wants to keep the craze going.

The first wave had a pretty good supply of figures. Even the three rare ones could be found if you searched a few stores on day one. Now it just seems like Nintendo has caught on and wants to keep the craze going.

Totally. The craze won't last forever though, and frustration will just accelerate the expiration date. Skylanders didn't last forever, and they had an actual quality game to boot lol.

Kilvin

Though note, it only expressly says no walk-ins on Ike.... So mayyyyybbbbeeee the others will vary on the store and if they are able to fulfill all of their pre-order first.

mdubs

Banned
even if it's sealed? the warranty would never have been activated in the first place

Playstation Website said:
Warranty coverage
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) provides a Limited Warranty for North American PlayStation® brand systems, its first party peripherals, and first party format software titles.
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) offers the PlayStation Protection Plan that extends the warranty for up to two years. If you purchased an extended warranty through a retailer, please contact the retailer where the extended warranty was issued for additional information.
Any issue with your system that was caused by neglect, unlicensed product use, the warranty seal has been tampered with or removed, physical abuse, accident, and/or excessive wear and tear, will not qualify the product for in-warranty service.
In order to be considered for warranty service from SCEA, you must provide a valid proof of purchase (i.e., store receipt). SCEA accepts receipts with the product itemized, along with the price and the valid purchase date clearly printed. Hand-written receipts are not acceptable.

Please note, items purchased through auction sites or second hand do not qualify for in-warranty service.

If you send your system to SCEA for in-warranty service without a valid proof of purchase, your system will be returned to you unserviced.

Unlikely they'll accept it if the name on the receipt is different.

Hey guys, thoughts on buying an sealed anniversary ps4 but the guy not willing to provide a receipt?

Even if it's not valid for warranty, I'd still ask for some proof of purchase. Maybe a credit card bill or something. Better safe than sorry if you're shelling out $1000 for something.

Regarding Amiibos, I think it's a combination of Nintendo not having long production runs for each figure (if they use the same factories for each wave then they're limited in how much they can make, and they're probably too cheap to use more factories) and resellers/collectors becoming more aware of their limited availability/resale value. I mean, before they came out I thought I'd be able to walk into a store today and pick up any Amiibo.

Even if it's not valid for warranty, I'd still ask for some proof of purchase. Maybe a credit card bill or something. Better safe than sorry if you're shelling out $1000 for something.

Haha if a random on Kijiji asked me to front a credit card bill, I'd tell him to eff off.

Out of curiosity, why do people want to see a receipt? Like, what's the point? There are only 12,000 of the things in the world, it's obviously not stolen haha.

I'm only curious because I'm sitting on one that may or may not be sold at some point, so I need to understand this reasoning. I have sold many, many things and no one has ever asked for my proof of purchase lol

Accessories for the n3DS XL in general (ie HORI clear cases I want) have yet to pop up. People are more likely to buy an accessory for something the moment they buy it.

Official stuff usually gets a sku and listing ahead of time.

With the XL they never really officially released the cradle in North America. It eventually showed up on Nintendo.com and I think Club Nintendo gave away some for coins. It never got a retail release.

I have a feeling it will be the same situation here. I ordered one from Japan on the 19th. Hopefully it gets here before Feb 13th.

I ordered from this listing. It's cheaper. Registered is only $5 more. I wish I had done that now.

Returners

Haha if a random on Kijiji asked me to front a credit card bill, I'd tell him to eff off.

Out of curiosity, why do people want to see a receipt? Like, what's the point? There are only 12,000 of the things in the world, it's obviously not stolen haha.

I'm only curious because I'm sitting on one that may or may not be sold at some point, so I need to understand this reasoning. I have sold many, many things and no one has ever asked for my proof of purchase lol

Well I just want a piece of mind. Mainly cause its a 1000+ purchase. The markup is more than double the cost of the item.

The guy didn't even want to give me a blacked out version of the receipt. Don't know what to think atm.

Well I just want a piece of mind. Mainly cause its a 1000+ purchase. The markup is more than double the cost of the item.

The guy didn't even want to give me a blacked out version of the receipt. Don't know what to think atm.

for sure it's a big purchase, so if you aren't comfortable then don't go through with it. but asking to see a receipt accomplishes literally nothing in my eyes, it doesn't serve a purpose.

Why are people always asking for receipt on Kijiji when they want to buy a PS4 or a Xbox One? To know how old it is? People writing "Still under warranty" as if it's a great thing just don't know that they are voiding it once they sell it? If it's the case I guess that there is a lot of misinformation going around about warranties and consoles (or other electronics).

If I was making 700$ profit from you I would show you my credit card bill and the receipt from sony.ca haha. Are people lining up to buy this at the price he's asking? I don't think so. Meh, to each their own.

Hey guys, thoughts on buying an sealed anniversary ps4 but the guy not willing to provide a receipt?

When I bought one, I had them send pictures of the ps4 with their name on a piece of paper. The person was a gaffer though so that made it a lot easier.

Are you meeting up with them in person? If so, you could always verify that they're in possession of it in person, if that's why you want to see a receipt.

Top Bottom