• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Kilvin

A & C games is expensive. When I went there their prices are around $65 for N64 games like Zelda OoT, Majora's Mask, Mario Kart 64 StarCraft 64, etc. That is more expensive than eBay. Their new store is just outside Chinatown...too

Game Centre on Yonge and Charles near Bloor/Yonge station is my preferred independent store.

Agreed, I love Game Centre.

How's your experience been at them? :)

Last year's was my first, and it was a great experience. Very, very overwhelming at first, but once I got used to all of the walking and having to rush from appointment to appointment, I started to enjoy it more.

The first day was very stressful.

Staying in North Hollywood and being able to walk around the city was great, too. I'd love to go again, but I don't want to lose hundreds of dollars.

I have a preorder for a new Majora's Mask 3DSXL that I won't need.

Rather than just cancelling it, I'd like to give someone who missed out the opportunity to purchase. I'll sell it for face value + shipping and handling.

Please PM me if you're interested.

Edit: Aaaaaaand it's gone.

jitterbug

Neo Member

Rather than just cancelling it, I'd like to give someone who missed out the opportunity to purchase. I'll sell it for face value + shipping and handling.

I would be down for this.....

*Edit*

Whoops I just re-read your post. I thought it was for the skull kid edition. I am still looking for one of those.

suikodan

Edit: Aaaaaaand it's gone.

I have one extra 3DSXL as I pre-ordered first on Amazon.ca (for availability) then on EBGames.ca (for in-store pickup).

Same thing as above. I'd prefer someone in the Montreal region rather than shipping but hey, let's see what we can do "aboot" it. ;)

(mat)

Mat, I am in the Toronto area but I might be able to help you out. Fuzzy has first dibs but, think he was able to get one himself.

Oh? I'd love that. Feel free to message me once you know what Fuzzy's doing.

Thanks very much.

Edit:

I have one extra 3DSXL as I pre-ordered first on Amazon.ca (for availability) then on EBGames.ca (for in-store pickup).

Same thing as above. I'd prefer someone in the Montreal region rather than shipping but hey, let's see what we can do "aboot" it. ;)

Out of curiosity, does Amazon allow you to change shipping addresses of preorders after placing the order? Wouldn't that be the best way to go about giving your preorder away? Let Amazon deal with the shipping to somebody who you're willing to give it away to after they've paid you for it, while you pick up your in-store preorder?

Sealtest

Still no word on Rosalina in Canada yet? I keep talking to Managers at my local store and they keep saying they most likely won't be getting them.

Still no word on Rosalina in Canada yet? I keep talking to Managers at my local store and they keep saying they most likely won't be getting them.

0 info. And now apparently an eb in SK started selling Wave 3 so it will be interesting to see when stores begin selling anything they get.

ahdurian

Target in my area (Cloverdale Mall, Toronto), said they probably weren't getting any, since they didn't see any in their last (planned) shipment

Renewed

I'll hope for Shulk. Hopefully I get called back to work because I need the money.

Also, my Gamecube Adapter is apparently in Mississauga now. Probably arriving tomorrow or Thursday (as scheduled). Might as well grab a Gamecube Controller while I'm out tomorrow...

To everyone still working at Target, are you able to confirm that there is no Rosalina coming?

So I called Target customer service and apparently there was a memo sent out yesterday stating that all stores, with exceptions, will be receiving the Rosalina amiibo for sale February 1st and shipments have been sent already to the stores. The only store I was told, and confirmed with by management, to not be receiving the delivery will be the Shoppers World location in Toronto, located between Victoria Park and Main st Station. This is apparently due to expedited liquidation.

It's from reddit. I don't know what to think anymore...

Luigi87

To everyone still working at Target, are you able to confirm that there is no Rosalina coming?

It's from reddit. I don't know what to think anymore...

All I can say is that on Feb. 16th, the day after the closure announcement, a Nintendo rep came into my store to take back the Wii U display, and the Amiibo display, and told me that due to everything, no further Amiibo or Rosalina would be sent.

Unlike regular product, Amiibos are shipped from Nintendo through a courier service, and don't arrive via warehouse trucks.

i-Jest

Yep wave 3 Friday. I have my Ike and King Dedede ordered from Amazon.ca and my Shulk ordered from EBGames.ca, so I better receive them!

Checked my Amazon orders. Delivery estimates for Sonic and Dedede are February 27th. Megaman and Ike don't even have estimates. I might just go out and hunt for them on Friday if I have time. If not then I'll just wait it out and pray my orders won't be canceled.

i-Jest

PSN SALE

EA and Bethesda. Mainly old dlc for latter, some newish games from EA like nhl 15 ($28), nfs, FIFA discounted.

Dragon age II down to 4 bucks as a follow up from origins being on sale for 8 a while back.

EA
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...08-EAGAMESSALE

Bethesda
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...8-BETHESDASALE

First Square Enix sale, then Atlus sale, now this. I have renewed hope there will be a Capcom sale soon and Power Stone Collection will be apart of that.

LGom09

Anyone have experience with gamefly like services in Canada?

I used gameaccess for a bit. It was $20/month for one game out. For signing a one year contract, I also got the ability to reserve a game and the ability to have a new game shipped before returning the game I had out at the time. You can also get those two features for about $5/month if you don't want to sign a contract. Shipping time to Ontario was about 3 days, but I hear it's worse further West. Their shipping centre is located in Montreal, iirc. Great service though. I was especially impressed by their customer service.

Checked my Amazon orders. Delivery estimates for Sonic and Dedede are February 27th. Megaman and Ike don't even have estimates. I might just go out and hunt for them on Friday if I have time. If not then I'll just wait it out and pray my orders won't be canceled.

Damn that sucks. Did you pre-order them later or something then? 'Cause my order estimates for both Dedede and Ike are February 6.

Top Bottom