• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Leeness

I actually received someone else's package today.

My girlfriend received something from Amazon and he left a second package at the door. It was someone else's entirely. I phone CP up to pick it up but they are being slow about it and said that it probably won't be resolved until next Monday.

I'm almost thinking about dropping by this person's place tomorrow with the package. It isn't too far.

That would be very nice of you.

#CanadaPostwhatareyoudoing

Sora_N

I paid for my Amiibos online at EB Games, with my gift card, just got payment failure notice for basically the whole order. Wtf and they're making me call them tomorrow too.

Sylwest

I received a "Payment Failure Notification" from ebgames this morning as well... This is irritating since I had my method of payment adjusted over the phone last month and the rep confirmed I was good to go. I even had him repeat the info for me just in case, because my previous order had issues. I really miss the old website where I could make cancellations and payment updates myself..I never had issues with the old site.

Sora_N

I liked the old site just fine too, there might have been security issues or something.

Anyways my Ike and DDD are shipping from Amazon on Feb 2. I can definitely wait for that since my order is confirmed! :)

Still gonna try to find extra Ike and DDD on Friday though.

Anyone with an online in store pick up preorder for shulk get a call saying theirs will be available for pick up tomorrow? I Have not yet (I am in winnipeg).

My Ike and King Dedede are preparing for shipment!

Nothing on Shulk right now, but at least there's no "payment failure" or cancellation for me so far. Feel bad for others who seem to be getting screwed though :(

Anyone with an online in store pick up preorder for shulk get a call saying theirs will be available for pick up tomorrow? I Have not yet (I am in winnipeg).

I have not yet.

I am in Toronto.

EB has not budged on any of my online orders or my Shulk in store pickup order.

That would be very nice of you.

#CanadaPostwhatareyoudoing

I got a message from Canada Post this morning saying the ticket I opened with them is closed.

They still have not contacted me about picking up the package to deliver it to the correct recipient.

They just closed the ticket. Looks like I will have to deliver it myself.

Cross-posting from the amiibo thread:

Mario party amiibos up for pre-order on futureshop.ca for anyone interested, the sites are still 404 but if you use the compare tool you may be able to pre-order!

Their site seem to be having some troubles so it may or may not work:
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/compare-result.aspx?ProductIds=10361696%2C10361700%2C10361698%2C10361699%2C10361697&returnPath=%2FSearch%2FSearchResults.aspx%3Fpath%3Dca77b9b4beca91fe414314b86bb581f8en20%26query%3Damiibo

Toad preordered, thanks, $5 shipping though :(

explodet

To avoid that I think I'll order a Kirby Amiibo. I've been passively wanting one anyway.
This is how they got me, too.

"Oh, I'll just order another so I get free shipping!" Next thing I know I've got a dozen of the damn things.

I'm trying to stay strong with the MP ones, I keep telling myself "I don't need another Bowser!"

To avoid that I think I'll order a Kirby Amiibo. I've been passively wanting one anyway.

Yeah, if I can find the Toad Amiibo at Walmart locally I will be very very angry to have paid that $5 for shipping.

You never know with Nintendo though, god knows how many they are making and I really want those extra stages in Captain Toad.

*oh wait, you get free shipping if you order 2? FUCK, wish I had known.

We've got to be getting close to Target liquidation, no? Anyone think games will drop big time?

They'll probably have something like 10% to 20% off to start and then drop the price further each week.

Edit: Oh shit. People are going to start buying the Kirby Amiibo. I have been waiting on that one for awhile. I may buy it now.

oneran

Yeah, if I can find the Toad Amiibo at Walmart locally I will be very very angry to have paid that $5 for shipping.

You never know with Nintendo though, god knows how many they are making and I really want those extra stages in Captain Toad.

Any order over $25 gets free shipping

i-Jest

This is how they got me, too.

"Oh, I'll just order another so I get free shipping!" Next thing I know I've got a dozen of the damn things.

I'm trying to stay strong with the MP ones, I keep telling myself "I don't need another Bowser!"

Captain Toad is pretty much the only Amiibo I want from the Mario Party Amiibo series, unless they do a second wave and release Toadette. God damn you Nintendo.

I plan on picking up the game sometime in February. I imagine Nintendo's learned a great deal from Smash Bros Amiibo so I'd like to think they'll handle this series of Amiibo better.

Seems Best Buy and Future Shop are both giving 404s or "Not Found" errors when pre-ordering.

Either they are sold out or they are getting hammered.

Renewed

That's a shame... I put Toad into my cart but didn't go through with it, now I realize I can't.

Ah well, I'm going to probably be 16 amiibos down the rabbit hole tomorrow so I'm gonna call it quits soon anyways. Robin, Lucina, Ganondorf, Palutena, Falco and Dark Pit. THEN I'M DONE I SWEAR

oneran

Seems Best Buy and Future Shop are both giving 404s or "Not Found" errors when pre-ordering.

Either they are sold out or they are getting hammered.

They were never "officially" up in the first place using the compare tool was just a work around, so I'm fairly sure you still have a shot when pages go live. Good luck!

Edit: Just worked for me try now:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/compare-result.aspx?ProductIds=10361696%2C10326601%2C10361700%2C10361698%2C10361699&returnPath=%2FSearch%2FSearchResults.aspx%3Fpath%3Dca77b9b4beca91fe414314b86bb581f8en20%26query%3Damiibo

Futureshop Update.

Good News...I got them in my cart again.

Bad News...They're not imposing any kind of quantity restrictions.

Mario%20Bros%20Amiibos.jpg

Can we buy off the web based Nintendo eshop in Canada?

I don't think I have ever been able to actually get an order to go through.

Top Bottom