• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Hey guys, thoughts on buying an sealed anniversary ps4 but the guy not willing to provide a receipt?

forget it

6000 posts in less than 2 months... we'll be at thread 6 in no time.

Future Shop has Just Dance 4 Wii U used for $2.99
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=a215edb63ec375fc962faae0dfaa5b93en02
ME3 Wii U $2.99 used at BB:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=73921c0c552b03b691faa4e20ba26376en02

ba, Just Dance sold out... :(

Sora_N

nHa9nku.png

I think I'm still gonna take my chances.

I went into an EB a month ago and they said they weren't allowed to take pre-orders... did that change? Really want a Lucina.

All of the new Amiibos from the last Nintendo Direct (Pac-Man, Lucina, etc) are not yet up for preorder anywhere on this side of the ocean, which basically means Nintendo hasn't given anyone possible allocations or ship dates yet. :(

terrible

Banned
As long as I can just walk in and get Toon Link and Shiek eventually I'm good. I had no issues getting regular Link and Zelda well after release so I'm hoping for the same luck with these ones.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
All of the new Amiibos from the last Nintendo Direct (Pac-Man, Lucina, etc) are not yet up for preorder anywhere on this side of the ocean, which basically means Nintendo hasn't given anyone possible allocations or ship dates yet. :(
I tried to pre-order a Zelda way back when, and they told me that pre-orders were not allowed. I'm not sure if that was store policy or something, but that's basically when I sort of just gave up on EB.

Kilvin

I wanted to get the Shulk amiibo, but I didn't pre-order so I guess I'm fucked.

Fuck this amiibo shit. Feels more like more trouble than it's worth

I feel your pain, I'm starting to drag on the Amiibos as well. We'll see how Friday goes, I'm still hoping for a stroke of luck as there are three EBs in my city....

If I can't catch a pre-order on the wave 4 ones I want I may throw in the towel.

Does anyone know how walmart is with returning PS4 controllers?

I just bought GTA5 and realized my R2 button is out of commission. So I called Sony and plan on sending it in. But, since I just bought the game I want to play it.

Since I'll have to wait 2 weeks to get it back I was thinking about buying one from walmart, using it and returning it. If possible.

I know it's kind of a shitty thing to do, but I don't need a second controller.

vulva

Does anyone know how walmart is with returning PS4 controllers?

I just bought GTA5 and realized my R2 button is out of commission. So I called Sony and plan on sending it in. But, since I just bought the game I want to play it.

Since I'll have to wait 2 weeks to get it back I was thinking about buying one from walmart, using it and returning it. If possible.

I know it's kind of a shitty thing to do, but I don't need a second controller.

if you really want to be shitty, buy one from walmart and return your busted ass one

if you really want to be shitty, buy one from walmart and return your busted ass one

What's the warranty on controllers?

Because my busted ass one is also suffering from other issues, such as the thumb grips tearing away and no longer having a bar code sticker on the back because it wore off and unpeeled itself.

Edit: That definitely won't work. My controller just looks too worn at this point. It might get a pass if an I try to return it to someone who doesn't care, but there's no way it could pass as a newer controller at this point.

big_z

Hey guys, anybody knows the trade-in value for NHL 15 for PS4?
Maybe at Bestbuy or Futureshop!

$15

What's the warranty on controllers?

Because my busted ass one is also suffering from other issues, such as the thumb grips tearing away and no longer having a bar code sticker on the back because it wore off and unpeeled itself.

I think Sony will replace it up to a year but you have to pay shipping.

Walmart changed its return policy for games hardware recently. I think its 14 days unopened. Opened products can only be exchanged.

Walmart changed its return policy for games hardware recently. I think its 14 days unopened. Opened products can only be exchanged.

That's too bad.

Does anyone know if Sony returns controllers packaged or not? Assuming they send a new one and not a refurbished one.

I feel your pain, I'm starting to drag on the Amiibos as well. We'll see how Friday goes, I'm still hoping for a stroke of luck as there are three EBs in my city....

If I can't catch a pre-order on the wave 4 ones I want I may throw in the towel.

The only ones I actually want are the Lucina, Zelda, Shulk and Marth ones. So far I have Zelda, Shulk and Marth are basically out of the question now. Gonna bet on Amazon with Lucina... I guess. I live in Toronto and there are a lot of EB Games here, but I'm still fucked regardless

I'm not sure if it's my fault for not LUSTING for amiibo's enough to pre-order them within 10 minutes of them going up, or if it's Nintendo's fault for seemingly not knowing how to inventory. It's something that I didn't think would be such an actual limited release thing and it's somehow beyond limited it's WORSE.

Vamphuntr

Wow the Canadian dollar has reached a new low. It basically neutralizes the 20% coupon on GMG. I used it on a 40$ game then I had to pay 40$ CDN.

vulva

Wow the Canadian dollar has reached a new low. It basically neutralizes the 20% coupon on GMG. I used it on a 40$ game then I had to pay 40$ CDN.

I wouldn't really call that a new low. 2002 our dollar was worth 62 cents USD. All things said, we're doing pretty well right now in comparison

Leeness

Canada Post, what are you doing?

My package was in Richmond and set to be delivered today.

...next update, it's in Nanaimo and now not set to be delivered until February 4.

#whatareyoudoing

Canada Post, what are you doing?

My package was in Richmond and set to be delivered today.

...next update, it's in Nanaimo and now not set to be delivered until February 4.

#whatareyoudoing

I actually received someone else's package today.

My girlfriend received something from Amazon and he left a second package at the door. It was someone else's entirely. I phone CP up to pick it up but they are being slow about it and said that it probably won't be resolved until next Monday.

I'm almost thinking about dropping by this person's place tomorrow with the package. It isn't too far.

NEW DEAL

Ar Nosurge is currently $34.99 on Amzon.

I've been waiting for this game to go down in price and this is the lowest I've seen.

Gonna add to this. The game is also 34.99 at EB Games. Saw it on sale today after work.

Yeah I heard about that yesterday and just tried it today on Dying Light out of curiosity. I converted the price and let out a loud sigh of disappointment followed by muttering "fucking Harper." I used to use GMG religiously for new games that I wanted on Day 1. Now I don't see myself using them very much. Such a shame too.

Top Bottom