• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

gabbo

Can we buy off the web based Nintendo eshop in Canada?

I don't think I have ever been able to actually get an order to go through.

I was just running into that problem, having never used the eshop website before.
Doesn't seem very intuitive that way

DVCY201

So how long did these amiibo last? They're regular ones, but they're all sold out which is ridiculous. Either everyone is letting amiibo craze get to their head, or Nintendo ships a tiny amount in Canada.

ironically, toad is the only one still available on FS

Oh yeah...cause I had 105 of them sitting in my cart. Was seeing if there was a cap. Released them just a few minutes ago. They must have just restocked it.

Toad.jpg

LordAmused

All gone at Future Shop

Will never buy from them anyways because of Verified by Visa bullshit. No one else asks for it.

You should try via Paypal. Link your credit card to your account, all you have to do then is to enter your e-mail + password and there you go it's done.

ohlawd

missed it when I was running to the laptop

pretty sure these new mario party amiibos will be readily available in stores.

maybe so. well, hopefully

I only want Peach and was planning on getting Toad for the free shipping. it's kinda funny seeing Toad still in stock at FS.

Sealtest

Anyone else have a copy of xenoblade chronicles 3ds cancelled by amazon because they said they We're unable to fulfill your order for the item(s) listed because they aren't available from the supplier any longer..

I really hope this isn't EBGames getting exclusive rights again.

Anyone else have a copy of xenoblade chronicles 3ds cancelled by amazon because they said they We're unable to fulfill your order for the item(s) listed because they aren't available from the supplier any longer..

This doesn't smell good! Haha

Renewed

It seems it's in "Currently Unavailable" status. Oh gosh I hope that isn't the case. I see it up for pre-order on VGP but I dunno... I'm not gonna sleep on this game that's for sure.

ohlawd

got Peach and Toad off FS

Peach is available at BB but Toad is giving me page not found shit. I want my order from BB argh :(

zroid

Banned

that wouldn't be surprising at all... If that's the case I assume it's GameStop flexing its legal muscles as opposed to Nintendo intentionally making it exclusive again

i-Jest

No more dead item to pre-order? Like we had Tekken and Trine Wii U.

Edit: I see that Let it Die PS4 is still there.

*raises flame shield*

Shin Megami X Fire Emblem.

I just got an email from ebgames that there was an error capturing payment for shulk amiibo. I'm on hold now.

Great. lol

Holly crap. Just got the same thing.

Gonna make a call soon. These fuckers better not screw me out of a Shulk Amiibo.

FYI

I was just flipping through the Amiibo thread at RedFlag and some people are reporting that they received a Payment Failure email from EB yet their Credit Cards are showing pending transactions.

One person mentioned having 8 pending transactions after receiving 8 failure notification emails.

Keep an eye on your wave 3 amiibo orders from EB.

Sealtest

It seems it's in "Currently Unavailable" status. Oh gosh I hope that isn't the case. I see it up for pre-order on VGP but I dunno... I'm not gonna sleep on this game that's for sure.

Yeah it's been like that since Sunday I think, Had my order since last tuesday until today where they cancelled it on me.

It rings for a split second then cuts to the busy signal. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH MY CARD!!!

Yep same thing with me.

I'm starting to wonder if anyone is actually going to pick it up, or if i'm just going to be put on hold till I get kicked to voicemail.

at least there's this at the bottom of the email:

"Please note that failure to resolve this issue will lead to the cancellation of your order after 14 business days."

although with an amiibo I have no clue if they're gonna just say we're out of luck because of the "payment issue".

FYI

I was just flipping through the Amiibo thread at RedFlag and some people are reporting that they received a Payment Failure email from EB yet their Credit Cards are showing pending transactions.

One person mentioned having 8 pending transactions after receiving 8 failure notification emails.

Keep an eye on your wave 3 amiibo orders from EB.

My order is still sitting on their site. WTH. I have the Skull Kid LE through them also. This better not mess up.

Yep same thing with me.

I'm starting to wonder if anyone is actually going to pick it up, or if i'm just going to be put on hold till I get kicked to voicemail.

at least there's this at the bottom of the email:

"Please note that failure to resolve this issue will lead to the cancellation of your order after 14 business days."

although with an amiibo I have no clue if they're gonna just say we're out of luck because of the "payment issue".

On hold now. I picked order update vs. payment or billing. Which did you pick?

zroid

Banned
hrm I wanted to pre-order the Luigi and Toad from Best Buy, but while I have Luigi in my cart, Toad seems to be elusive still...

Why don't you just fix that? I never had trouble with Verified by Visa, it goes through in 10 seconds. Call your bank if needed.

I tried, my wife is the primary cardholder I guess, I don't know her social insurance and such it is asking me for on the website to register.

You should try via Paypal. Link your credit card to your account, all you have to do then is to enter your e-mail + password and there you go it's done.

No PayPal account.

Waiting on Amazon Canada...

iiicon

My order is still sitting on their site. WTH. I have the Skull Kid LE through them also. This better not mess up.
I'm using this as a test run for the Gold MM 3DS XL. If something happens with my Shulk amiibo pre-order, I'm just going to cancel my 3DS XL order and stick with Amazon.

Leave it to amiibos to mess with your peace of mind regarding pre-orders.

Top Bottom