• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

explodet

I got the Payment Failure notification as well, and I'm starting to freak out a little.
It doesn't help that I recently asked to replace my card and just found out that means technically my card is temporarily suspended until I get it updated even though I've been using it normally. ARGH.

Just replied back to that email letting them know I'm on hold and not getting through. Also questioning what the problem is as I recently ordered using the exact card without any issues. Guess I'll see how I get through first.

alright

just got off the phone with a rep who told me that my order has already been confirmed and already charged and will be put on the shipping queue shortly.

she said that they were having issues with their payment system in general which is why the emails were sent out but for the most part my order had no issues.

it was also a very abrupt removal from hold lol

her: hello! how may i help you?

me (shocked that someone picked up): hey

her: ....hey?

me: ... uhyeahigotanorderineedhelp

yep.

i-Jest

Just replied back to that email letting them know I'm on hold and not getting through. Also questioning what the problem is as I recently ordered using the exact card without any issues. Guess I'll see how I get through first.

This better not be a security problem. Some fat scalper dude better have hacked the site to get those shulk amiibo orders. (Letting my imagination run wild.)

alright

just got off the phone with a rep who told me that my order has already been confirmed and already charged and will be put on the shipping queue shortly.

she said that they were having issues with their payment system in general which is why the emails were sent out but for the most part my order had no issues.

it was also a very abrupt removal from hold lol

her: hello! how may i help you?

me (shocked that someone picked up): hey

her: ....hey?

me: ... uhyeahigotanorderineedhelp

yep.

Now I'm frustrated that I haven't received any emails at all.

Maybe they shutdown their emailing system at some point.

Mine still say "presell" and that's it.

ahdurian

this thread makes me nervous...but I haven't gotten the notifcation failure -email yet

then watch...five minutes after posting this i'll get it

ElNino

Just pre-ordered the Mario Party 10 amiibo bundle too, because why not?
Is there any difference with the Mario Amibo that comes with Mario Party 10 from the Smash Bros one other that the pose? Can the Amiibo from Smash Bros be used in Mario Party without wiping the Smash Bros data?

Is there any difference with the Mario Amibo that comes with Mario Party 10 from the Smash Bros one other that the pose? Can the Amiibo from Smash Bros be used in Mario Party without wiping the Smash Bros data?

no, and no.

also, that bundle is technically a dollar more than buying game/amiibo separately. not a big deal, but kind of hilarious

stolin

Just finished talking to the CS at ebgames.

FALSE ALARM!

They're having problems with their system today that they're fixing right now.

Can you explain in more detail what their response was on the call ? The lines has been continuously busy for the last 90 mins since I received the notification.. I'm glad it's not just me. I need my Shulk !

ElNino

no, and no.

also, that bundle is technically a dollar more than buying game/amiibo separately. not a big deal, but kind of hilarious
Thanks... went ahead an pre-ordered. I can always cancel or return if I don't need the Amiibo.

On a side note, I'm a bit annoyed that Amiibo functionality seems to be restricted to only one game at a time. My son has close to 100 Skylanders figures, but at least he doesn't need to buy duplicates to use them in different games.

Thanks... went ahead an pre-ordered. I can always cancel or return if I don't need the Amiibo.

On a side note, I'm a bit annoyed that Amiibo functionality seems to be restricted to only one game at a time. My son has close to 100 Skylanders figures, but at least he doesn't need to buy duplicates to use them in different games.

It is a truly stupid decision. It's a hilarious miracle that it can't even be called the dumbest decision they've made regarding amiibos, because you'd think it would be.

Design figures to be used within almost your whole first party game lineup, but not allow it to store info from more than one? Incredible.

It is a truly stupid decision. It's a hilarious miracle that it can't even be called the dumbest decision they've made regarding amiibos, because you'd think it would be.

Design figures to be used within almost your whole first party game lineup, but not allow it to store info from more than one? Incredible.

Gotta make people wanna buy them all...

explodet

Just finished talking to the CS at ebgames.

FALSE ALARM!

They're having problems with their system today that they're fixing right now.
Okay that's a relief.
I emailed them just in case, but it's good to know that it's not something I did.

Also got shipping notice about my Smash!Bowser amiibo from amazon.

Mega Man is nowhere in sight.

Okay that's a relief.
I emailed them just in case, but it's good to know that it's not something I did.

Also got shipping notice about my Smash!Bowser amiibo from amazon.

Mega Man is nowhere in sight.

Sounds like MM might be another week or two. Same with Sonic.

Can you explain in more detail what their response was on the call ? The lines has been continuously busy for the last 90 mins since I received the notification.. I'm glad it's not just me. I need my Shulk !

They weren't surprised by the call and already were aware of the problem. They only needed a order number to manually start to shipping process. Pretty quick and painless.

Omlagus

Whenever I see the thread explode like this, it makes me sooooo glad I have zero interest in amiibos. Don't need that kinda stress.

mdubs

Banned
Shipping confirmation of Ike from Amazon. Hype!

Edit:: The glorious combination of amiibo-gaf, shipping-gaf and Canada deals gaf in this post must be making some people in this thread mad ;)

Don't forget Metroid Prime Trilogy went on eshop today for $10.99 until next week and then it'll go up to $21.99

THIS is truly the first huge deal of the year. Massive, hard to find game conveniently made available (without going through the Wii portal) for only $10? fuk yeah.

I even hate the pointer controls, and I'm still buying the hell out of this

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I have Sheik, Dedede, Mega Man and Ike on the same order at Amazon.ca, but with free shipping. Still saying Feb 6-13 estimated shipping date, aside from Mega Man which is undetermined. Maybe Sheik is holding things up, anyone had their Sheik ship yet?

I have Sheik, Dedede, Mega Man and Ike on the same order at Amazon.ca, but with free shipping. Still saying Feb 6-13 estimated shipping date, aside from Mega Man which is undetermined. Maybe Sheik is holding things up, anyone had their Sheik ship yet?

My Sheik shipped today

Bass260

Toon Link, Bowser, Ike, and King Dedede just shipped from Amazon. Should be here tomorrow! Sheik says Feb 4th, Sonic 18th-20th, and Mega Man is unknown.

zroid

Banned
alright Toad and Luigi pre-ordered at Best Buy... not sure if I'm gonna keep them but eh

I think the Super Mario line Luigi amiibo looks waaaaay better than the Smash one

Top Bottom