• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

MarkusRJR

So annoyed I'll have to buy Like and Dedede from scalpers on eBay or Kijiji.

Considering that I ordered and got a confirmation number, but no email yet I shouldn't be too concerned right?
I didn't get one yet either for my MM LE. Paypal sent me an email though, assuming FS will eventually get to it.

EDIT: Literally just got it right as I posted this

Yasumi

Banned
To think, if I went out shopping to find (no) Amiibo I'd miss out on a MM LE. That would have pissed me off so bad.

Seriously though, what is the deal with everything Nintendo under shipping? Amiibos, MM 3D LE, MM 3DS XL, GCN adapter, etc. Seems like there's just nonstop drama with Nintendo in America.
First time I really noticed it was with Fire Emblem Awakening. It's only gotten worse, and now it's outright ridiculous.

vulva

So annoyed I'll have to buy Like and Dedede from scalpers on eBay or Kijiji.

I didn't get one yet either for my MM LE. Paypal sent me an email though, assuming FS will eventually get to it.

EDIT: Literally just got it right as I posted this

Just got mine too, didn't want to overthink it but well, we all know all about n3ds insanity

MarkusRJR

Apparently my coworker went to get Amiibos and there was only a bowser at Walmart and by the time he got to EB it was all sold out (or they had none?) And the rest were are reserved. What a mess.

The only one I really need now is Shiek. I have a Toad ordered and the next Smash wave doesn't interest me. Maybe a Ness. I'm good until Zero Suit, Game and Watch and Duck Hunt Dog.

There is no way Nintendo isn't doing this on purpose, im sure these things cost peanuts to make, not a lot of risk to reprint all of them even if a lot stay on shelves.

All I want is Meta Knight :(

There is no way Nintendo isn't doing this on purpose, im sure these things cost peanuts to make, not a lot of risk to reprint all of them even if a lot stay on shelves.

If I see an extra one in the wild I'll let y'all know in this forum as well as the amiibo one. I doubt it'll happen, but there is a chance of it as we will be filming for the next couple weeks near a Bestbuy so I'll be able to pop in some mornings as they open.

Now if I can find me a Mega Man, Shulk, and Rosalina I will be content. Finally got a Pit on his way to me.

Anyone know if the Crispy M&Ms that are coming back to stores will make it to Canada?

mdubs

Banned
Better for Nintendo to have stuff in short supply and disappoint a few people, because it creates scarcity compared to having an oversupply and having to discount the stuff to move it. I don't blame them, smart business strategy.

The molds are already made. Paint already picked out. If there aren't more available, it's because Nintendo doesn't want more made.

I can understand shelf space at retail. But there's money being left on the table here. Nintendo should TOTALLY be selling these themselves online. That would ensure supply meets demand without the worry of retailers bulking at the shelf space need.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Ugh, I prefer the look of the MH4 3DS but have no interest in the game. If only I could get it for the same price as the MM one I'd switch pre orders instantly.

If I see an extra one in the wild I'll let y'all know in this forum as well as the amiibo one. I doubt it'll happen, but there is a chance of it as we will be filming for the next couple weeks near a Bestbuy so I'll be able to pop in some mornings as they open.

Now if I can find me a Mega Man, Shulk, and Rosalina I will be content. Finally got a Pit on his way to me.

Anyone know if the Crispy M&Ms that are coming back to stores will make it to Canada?

Thank you very appreciated

The molds are already made. Paint already picked out. If there aren't more available, it's because Nintendo doesn't want more made.

I can understand shelf space at retail. But there's money being left on the table here. Nintendo should TOTALLY be selling these themselves online. That would ensure supply meets demand without the worry of retailers bulking at the shelf space need.

Why not just do unlimited online preorders, pretty much guaranteed they wont lose money as every amiibo made is paid for already, so silly.

amrod

ATTENTION WII-U OWNERS

Today only...SAVE $5 when you pre-order Kirby & The Rainbow Curse on #WiiU http://ow.ly/IeoES from futureshop

it comes out to 39.99 which IS CHEAPER THEN THE E3 PROMO
the e3 promo was

Kirby & The Rainbow Curse (Nintendo Wii U) 1 $46.42

So order another if you did e3 and return one to get in on the cheaper 39.99 price

LordAmused

ATTENTION WII-U OWNERS

Today only...SAVE $5 when you pre-order Kirby & The Rainbow Curse on #WiiU http://ow.ly/IeoES from futureshop

the e3 promo was

So order another if you did e3 and return one to get in on the cheaper 39.99 price

Yup. Just pre-ordered! Now wondering if it will get HERE on Feb. 20th.

ATTENTION WII-U OWNERS

the e3 promo was

Thank you, gonna cancel my Amazon preorder

Sapiens

Just picked up Brain Training 3 for 3ds for 20 at Shoppers; it's on clearance.

They also had two copies of Luigi U at my location, so I picked one of those up as well. The game is getting SCARCE.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
ATTENTION WII-U OWNERS

the e3 promo was

You can also order it on Shop.ca with the $10 of coupon, bringing to price down to $34.99 + tax.

EDIT: Just remembered I ordered my E3 BB copy with Paypal payment (the website wouldn't accept my credit card as it expires before the end of the year and my order included Starfox and Zelda...). Will it be a hassle to get a Paypal refund by bringing the game back to the store?

Renewed

ATTENTION WII-U OWNERS

the e3 promo was

Thanks for the heads up! Now I need a Kirby amiibo...

Ugh, I prefer the look of the MH4 3DS but have no interest in the game. If only I could get it for the same price as the MM one I'd switch pre orders instantly.

I got the MonHun4 n3DS because it was the one I wanted ever since that Japanese 3DS Direct. And it adds $30 to the system while the game (at least the physical copy AFAIK) costs $40. The only thing to gripe over is the text and how it's off centre.

(mat)

8kN1sVs.gif

BlueStitch

Neo Member
From my experience, it happens quite often (for stuff that wasn't pre-oredered, of course)
Ahh good to know, thanks! Was worried because I was putting off buying this book and then it was apparently not shipping till after my midterm lol, but happy that I got a pleasant surprise last night

If Nintendo is using the same factories to produce each wave of Amiibos, it kind of makes sense that certain ones would be limited. They're probably replenishing the popular ones too (Mario, Pikachu, etc.) so their production lines must be constrained.

Today's just been shaping up to be disappointing, huh? Thanks Nintendo.

The only thing I've missed was amazon.ca's Rosalina order (which technically...was last night). Though by the sounds of how things went there, it's tough to say if anyone really got one.

The Skull Kid and 3DS were already secured the first time they went up.

Kilvin

I got Shiek, Bowser, Ike, Dedede, and Toon Link.

I got the only Dedede they had, all stores got 1, while they got 3-5 Shulks. Seems he is the truly rare one.

Sonic and Mega Man hopefully next week.

I am waiting on my Future Shop Meta Knight order, Toys R Us USA Lucario order and my GameStop USA Shulk order.

A fellow gaffer got me a Rosalina and it is on its way.

Any Toys R Us in Canada get any Wave 3 or Lucario? My store said they got an email yesterday that they are all delayed.

The staffer at my TRU told me the same thing.

i-Jest

My shulks arrived from Purolator just now. First amiibos I've ever bought.

Hopefully the last.

:S

That's what I said about Villager more or less.

For those that didn't get Shulk don't fret. We have two Xenoblade games coming soon. I'd like to think we'll get a restock closer to each games release.

ATTENTION WII-U OWNERS

the e3 promo was

NVM

Top Bottom