• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

CRA5H

Excitement.

GtzDtHy.jpg

I got Shiek, Bowser, Ike, Dedede, and Toon Link.

I got the only Dedede they had, all stores got 1, while they got 3-5 Shulks. Seems he is the truly rare one.

Sonic and Mega Man hopefully next week.

I am waiting on my Future Shop Meta Knight order, Toys R Us USA Lucario order and my GameStop USA Shulk order.

A fellow gaffer got me a Rosalina and it is on its way.

Any Toys R Us in Canada get any Wave 3 or Lucario? My store said they got an email yesterday that they are all delayed.

zroid

Banned
I checked the last page for fun. Out of 100 posts I counted 5 that were not related to amiibos. It's getting a bit much.

I try to stay out of these shippping/amiibo controversies, but the thing that a lot of newcomers to this thread don't get is there just aren't that many deals

if there's a deal it will be posted, and if it's a good one, it will be discussed. in the meantime, we're Canadians who talk about Canadian things, often related to gaming.

frankly the only deals most of us really need are E3, Black Friday, and Boxing Day

If you absolutely can't stand the non deal-related discussion, well RFD is a thing

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Per usual, Canada Post didn't attempt their delivery at 11:17am, figuring no one could possibly be home at this hour. Not a big deal, but now I'll have to go pick up the Amiibo tomorrow. In 2 weeks when New 3DS is shipping I'm basically going to go camp out in my hotel lobby so they can't possibly 'miss me'.

No word on EBgames shipping my Shulk yet. I sent an e-mail to inquire.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Honestly, I don't even view this thread as anything more than a place to chat with fellow Canadians that happen to share the same hobbies as me without having a bunch of negative hiveminded hyperbole, and I'm totally fine with that.

ohlawd

thanks. got a MM LE. fuck off, Amazon order :)

lol it was at 20 when I ordered. Now it's at 7 when I got sent back.

edit: no shit, sold out now mwehehehehe

MarkusRJR

^ Got mine too for Shulk. Hopefully it EB ships it well, scared it'll get damaged since I've never ordered anything online from them before.

thanks. got a MM LE. fuck off, Amazon order :)

lol it was at 20 when I ordered. Now it's at 7 when I got sent back.

edit: no shit, sold out now mwehehehehe
Yeah that literally sold out in minutes. Insane.

Random question: Future shop charges you once a pre-order ships right? Can't remember.

If anyone missed the Majora's Mask LE I have one ordered from EB and one from FS now. PM that you're interested in one and I'll keep the EB order. Taken.

Renewed

I just watched the Majora's Mask Limited Edition stock number trickle down as I messaged my friend to get on that. What a day.

Hmm, I wonder where the extra stock came from if BB in the States is cancelling orders.

It was pretty fascinating refreshing the page and seeing the quantities fall like the dollar.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
After I messaged EBgames, they sent me tracking information for Shulk. Turns out Purolator attempted delivery this morning, but couldn't find my name on our small buzzer list for the building. Reading must be terribly difficult. Messaged them with the buzzer code and hoping I don't have to make a trek out to some place like Etobicoke to pick it up.

MarkusRJR

To think, if I went out shopping to find (no) Amiibo I'd miss out on a MM LE. That would have pissed me off so bad.

Seriously though, what is the deal with everything Nintendo under shipping? Amiibos, MM 3D LE, MM 3DS XL, GCN adapter, etc. Seems like there's just nonstop drama with Nintendo in America.

Wow, okay so I just got my e-mail 30 mins ago about my Shulk amiibo shipping (as you may have seen from my earlier post of excitement), but I just checked the tracking number and it said it shipped out last night at 8:30 p.m. Might be here sooner than I thought!

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I knew I shouldn't have chosen in-store pickup for my Shulk... If they still haven't called me, I'm basically fucked, right?

To think, if I went out shopping to find (no) Amiibo I'd miss out on a MM LE. That would have pissed me off so bad.

Seriously though, what is the deal with everything Nintendo under shipping? Amiibos, MM 3D LE, MM 3DS XL, GCN adapter, etc. Seems like there's just nonstop drama with Nintendo in America.

Nintendo is FAMOUSLY known for creating demand by limiting supply. It essentially forces people who are on the fence about buying something, to scoop it up the minute they see it for fear that it'll never been seen again.

MarkusRJR

Nintendo is FAMOUSLY known for creating demand by limiting supply. It essentially forces people who are on the fence about buying something, to scoop it up the minute they see it for fear that it'll never been seen again.
It's never been this bad though. I guess you could contribute it to scalpers and the rise in online shopping (combined with social media), but it's never gotten this bad to the point where things sell out consistently in minutes. This is madness. People who aren't constantly checking in end up paying a 300%+ extra if they want to get one from eBay afterwards. I've never had these sorts of problems with Nintendo till this year.

jitterbug

Neo Member

WHAT!! I refreshed jumped on the site went through the check and out got bounced back at the verified by visa page... Missed out on the Skull kid edition at futureshop again...Geez to get anything from nintendo you need to have your eyes hooked up ala a clockwork orange and never work or sleep.

Top Bottom