• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Holy shit NoA what the fuck

So I went to EB Games and the guy told me NoA shipped even less than he thought. They got 5 Shulk pre orders and only got 4, they got 7 Shiek pre orders and only got 3-4.

Man what the hell

So I went to EB Games and the guy told me NoA shipped even less than he thought. They got 5 Shulk pre orders and only got 4, they got 7 Shiek pre orders and only got 3-4.

Man what the hell
... Well wtf!? I hope that stored messed up somehow on the number of pre-orders they could take and that this isn't a common thing throughout all of EBGames.

Edit: that's right they did say there would be more pre-orders fulfilled. Forgot about that.

Kilvin

Man what the hell

I think the rest of the preorders are going to be filled mid February.

Man what the hell

They've already said more preorders will be filled in February.

i-Jest

So my Shulk came in the mail. The paint job on Shulk's jacket seems a little glossy but besides that I don't see any issues worth commenting on. Now to wait for Xenoblade Chonicles X and Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS.

Looking forward to everyone's impressions when they get him.

So my Shulk came in the mail. Now to wait for Xenoblade Chonicles X and Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS. The paint job on Shulk's jacket seems a little glossy but besides that I don't see any issues worth commenting on.

Looking forward to everyone's impressions when they get him.
Can you post pictures?

There are some sad stories coming from the US as well this morning. Lots of disappointed Gaffers not getting their Lucario amiibos.

zroid

Banned
Ehh I called my EB store, looks like I'm gonna have to wait till Feb to get my Shulk pre-order fulfilled. Too bad. :(

dude was super apologetic, lol. whatever as long as i get it eventually.

baconcow

Glad people are using the red text to show a deal or it would be nearly impossible to quickly find them with all of the Amiibo talk in this thread.

Zing

Banned
Just left EB. Had a bunch of Bowser. Not enough Sheik. Just enough of the others.

Edit EB#2 literally received nothing but Bowser.

EB#3 had spare Bowser and Toon Link.

EB JUST CALLED ME MY SHULK IS IN!!!

The one I ordered online for ISPU.

All is good in the world.

Now I need to play Xenoblade.

i-Jest

Can you post pictures?

FbSzCi6.jpg

Thanks for the advice.

Ryde3

Did anyone in Toronto order an extra Toad? Wasn't online yesterday and totally missed the whole show, very upset I wanted Luigi and Toad from the Mario wave </3

http://i.imgur.com/FbSzCi6.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dWgzgHv.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/isOOk7D.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rdEvQt9.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4UASpyF.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1kUw81u.jpg[IMG][/SPOILER][/QUOTE]
:( I shouldn't have asked for pics, my envy is only increasing. But thank you, looks really good!

i-Jest

Forgot the Kirby I ordered, along with Captain Toad, is coming today. After that comes I'll go pick up Ocarina Of Time. Don't know if my local Target has it but I'm not taking the chance at this point.

Exciting day.

I don't know but its pretty annoying. I expect deals when I come in this thread but its always about these damn amiibo. There is not an existing thread for amiibos?

I agree that it's getting a bit much. Most Amiibo talk could be moved to the Amiibo topic. I even noticed exact same post happening here and in the Amiibo thread at the same time. Lots of Canadian discussing Amiibo in the official topic, we all welcome there!

However, it's ok to post here when pre-order goes up and all that. With the current situation, just being able to order the damn thing has to be considered a deal...

mdubs

Banned
I don't know but its pretty annoying. I expect deals when I come in this thread but its always about these damn amiibo. There is not an existing thread for amiibos?

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Also this is 2015, deals in Canada don't exist anymore

BlueStitch

Neo Member
Breaking amiibo talk for a second:
I don't buy things online often but ordered a textbook from Amazon recently and got it a week earlier than what the estimated date was on my order, does this happen often or should I not get my hopes up for future purchases?

Renewed

I agree that it's getting a bit too much. Most Amiibo talk could be moved to the Amiibo topic. I even noticed exact same post happening here and in the Amiibo thread at the same time. Lots of Canadian discussing Amiibo in the official topic, we all welcome there!

However, it's ok to post here when pre-order goes up and all that. With the current situation, just being able to order the damn thing has to be considered a deal...

The even more laughable deal I noticed when I went in was: "Get 30% Extra Trade In Credit towards amiibo."

Luigi for everyone. Geez. But yeah, I'll stick to the amiibo thread from here on. I just find it a shame that the only available amiibo there was Bowser (for Wave 3). I saw how many amiibos they had prepared for pickup and Toon Links were strewn about.

While I was there, I noticed they had Ocarina of Time 3D. I should probably replace my missing copy.

LordAmused

So! Here is my lucky story of the week, most likely of the year!

I walked in to my local EBGames this morning, thinking well I could get lucky and find some rare amiibos. Well believe it or not, the clerk there had preordered King Dedede and Ike, which I hadn't. But then, the guy told me, do you want them? I said: Yeah, I mean, ABSOLUTELY.

So in the end, I got Ike and Dedede without even preordering them, thanks to the guy at EB. Today was a good day, and it just begun!

img_0646qfu8m.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
People complaining about what we talk about, first world problems.

Just deal with it and if you don't want to participate in our discussion then don't.

Deal_with_it_dog.gif

Breaking amiibo talk for a second:
I don't buy things online often but ordered a textbook from Amazon recently and got it a week earlier than what the estimated date was on my order, does this happen often or should I not get my hopes up for future purchases?
From my experience, it happens quite often (for stuff that wasn't pre-oredered, of course)

Kilvin

I walked in to my local EBGames this morning, thinking well I could get lucky and find some rare amiibos. Well believe it or not, the clerk there had preordered King Dedede and Ike, which I hadn't. But then, the guy told me, do you want them? I said: Yeah, I mean, ABSOLUTELY.

So in the end, I got Ike and Dedede without even preordering them, thanks to the guy at EB. Today was a good day, and it just begun!

img_0646qfu8m.jpg

Amazing, there are still some kind people left in this world.

They look beautiful by the way. Congrats

People complaining about what we talk about, first world problems.

Just deal with it and if you don't want to participate in our discussion then don't.

Deal_with_it_dog.gif

I checked the last page for fun. Out of 100 posts I counted 5 that were not related to amiibos. It's getting a bit much.

Is there a deal you'd like to talk about? I would LOVE to hear about an actual deal going on in Canada lol.

I guess we could talk about PS4 accessories, at best? With the Sony Store going out of business I got a camo PS4 controller for $37.

Seriously though, if you want purely deals without much fluff then you're better off with bookmarking something like this and refreshing at your leisure.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/hot-deals-f9/?c=5127

Otherwise you'll be sifting through people talking about the shitty parts of shopping in Canada, amiibos included.

i-Jest

img_0646qfu8m.jpg

Might have to make an trip to an EB Games today.

Top Bottom