• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Renewed

Picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy for the ten bucks or whatever the sale price is. Sold my physical copy for about a hundred bucks, so that works.

So glad to finally have this game. Played the tutorial and it feels super good.

I also looked at a comparison between the disc and eShop versions for load times. The eShop version loads so much quicker.

I am 99.9% sure EB Games is the only retailer that got Wave 3 today.

Toys R Us will be next then Future Shop maybe. Wal Mart seems to be the worst.

Kilvin

I am 99.9% sure EB Games is the only retailer that got Wave 3 today.

Toys R Us will be next then Future Shop maybe. Wal Mart seems to be the worst.

Aye, seems like the fella in Manitoba posting may have been a false alarm.

Decided not to leave work earlier and maybe just check one Walmart on my way home after the two guys from Southern Ontario posted that they saw nothing.

Today's Wave 3 Haul!

That's my friend in the back left opening his. Blasphemy! I keep all mine sealed.

LKZPbY8.jpg

These are all from in store EB Games Canada preorders. I got the only Dedede, they had 10+ Bowser and Toon Links, 2 Ikes, 4 Shieks and 2 Shulks (I didn't get an in store preorder, waiting on GameStop USA).

Today's Wave 3 Haul!

That's my friend in the back left opening his. Blasphemy! I keep all mine sealed.

http://i.imgur.com/LKZPbY8.jpg[IMG]

These are all from in store EB Games Canada preorders. I got the only Dedede, they had 10+ Bowser and Toon Links, 2 Ikes, 4 Shieks and 2 Shulks (I didn't get an in store preorder, waiting on GameStop USA).[/QUOTE]

Not upside down this time. I'm disappointed.

(mat)

If I stumble upon any wave 3 amiibos today, should I be grabbing one or two for some of you guys? Which ones, if I see them, should I grab?

Anth0ny

Really wish there was a separate thread for Canada-specific Amiibo discussion. I used to love this thread but now I barely visit it anymore because I don't care about Amiibo collecting and it's like more than 50% of the posts here now.

I'd like this. The main amiibo thread moves way too fast as it is. Splitting it up by country sounds like a good idea, especially considering Nintendo ships everything differently depending on the country...

CRA5H

Today's Wave 3 Haul!

LKZPbY8.jpg

These are all from in store EB Games Canada preorders. I got the only Dedede, they had 10+ Bowser and Toon Links, 2 Ikes, 4 Shieks and 2 Shulks (I didn't get an in store preorder, waiting on GameStop USA).
Let them breathe!!!!!!! Mine look so beautiful on my tiered stand.

I'd like this. The main amiibo thread moves way too fast as it is. Splitting it up by country sounds like a good idea, especially considering Nintendo ships everything differently depending on the country...

We have this conversation anytime something of note is released.

Consoles
Big release games
Amiibos
Special Editions
Etc

There is no need for another thread. This is what Canadian game consumers are talking about right now.

Also come on, there aren't any deals worth nothing anyways.

FrsDvl

If I stumble upon any wave 3 amiibos today, should I be grabbing one or two for some of you guys? Which ones, if I see them, should I grab?

Toon Link!

I meant to pre order that one, but never got to it. Now i won't have money till Sunday, and they'll probably all be gone by sunday :(

Yeah, that's the important one.

Plus, it's Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion

Not Canadian Gaming Deals Discussion.

So in my mind, it's just everyhting Canada related.

I get more annoyed by shipping talk than amiibo talk. At least amiibo talk has the potential of leading to a goal. Shipping talk is just endlessly ranting about something completely outside of your control.

My Ike got delayed from Amazon! Boooooo

But my Shulks got delivered! Just have to pick them up from Purolator.

I really hope Futureshop doesn't put up the Rosalina during my commute home :(

None of these are persistent topics the way amiibos currently are. It wouldn't make sense to create a thread for any of them. But for amiibo discussion? Yes, definitely.

Thing is though, it's not like it's deterring any grander conversation about anything. Considering the shape the economy is in, if this thread were solely about deals, it would die.

I empathize the sentiment that there's a lot of amiibo talk, but what's it really getting in the way of?

At my EB they only got 2 Toon Links. One which was my preorder.

Man, these Amiibos are scary as hell. Once I get Lucina I'm out.

Speaking of Lucina, what's the cheapest price for Fire Emblem Awakening these days? I want to know more about her.

mdubs

Banned
We have this conversation anytime something of note is released.

Consoles
Big release games
Amiibos
Special Editions
Etc

There is no need for another thread. This is what Canadian game consumers are talking about right now.

I second this

jholmes

ATTENTION WII-U OWNERS

Today only...SAVE $5 when you pre-order Kirby & The Rainbow Curse on #WiiU http://ow.ly/IeoES from futureshop

it comes out to 39.99 which IS CHEAPER THEN THE E3 PROMO
the e3 promo was

Kirby & The Rainbow Curse (Nintendo Wii U) 1 $46.42

So order another if you did e3 and return one to get in on the cheaper 39.99 price

Grabbed it, thanks! Was debating holding out for that Toys R Us amiibo bundle (am I still allowed to write amiibo in a post?) but I was mostly sitting on the game waiting for another FS flash sale. Perfecto!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Any word on when EB is supposed to get their next Shulk shipment in? I assume they're getting more since I never received a call to pick up my online in store pick up.

Any word on when EB is supposed to get their next Shulk shipment in? I assume they're getting more since I never received a call to pick up my online in store pick up.

I went to pick up my in store pickup for Shulk and it sounds like there is more stock stuck at the border. They had a conference call about it yesterday. I think it will probably be cleared up by next week.

They let me know they will have more Sheik in as well.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I went to pick up my in store pickup for Shulk and it sounds like there is more stock stuck at the border. They had a conference call about it yesterday. I think it will probably be cleared up by next week.

They let me know they will have more Sheik in as well.
I got the same info when I called the STC EB Games yesterday and they told me something similar, buy I wasn't sure if I was just getting smoke blown up my ass.

Roto13

I'm home taking care of a cat who is recovering from surgery and EB Games won't give my husband my amiibo without a receipt which I never got because I ordered it online and they won't just call me to confirm that he can take it because reasons.

Have I mentioned this week how much I hate EB Games?

Sora_N

I'm home taking care of a cat who is recovering from surgery and EB Games won't give my husband my amiibo without a receipt which I never got because I ordered it online and they won't just call me to confirm that he can take it because reasons.

Have I mentioned this week how much I hate EB Games?

Call them and speak to the manager to complain. Nothing else you can do.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I got the same info when I called the STC EB Games yesterday and they told me something similar, buy I wasn't sure if I was just getting smoke blown up my ass.

Yeah, I don't really trust EB employees to get legit information. Last time I went there, I asked about the GC adapter for Wii U, and the employee insisted the adapter was "discontinued forever". Yeah right.

I haven't received any call for my Shulk, but I don't feel like asking them what's going on because I'll have no way of knowing if the employee is bullshitting me or not. Urgh, the Shulk figure looks nice, but I'm not sure it was worth dealing with that joke of a store for it...

Can I at least ask for my $5 back if I don't get my Shulk?

Roto13

Call them and speak to the manager to complain. Nothing else you can do.

I'm going down there when my husband gets home and I'm going to chew them out. Every time I deal with them, in any way, I have some bullshit to put up with and I'm fucking sick of it.

Sora_N

I'm going down there when my husband gets home and I'm going to chew them out. Every time I deal with them, in any way, I have some bullshit to put up with and I'm fucking sick of it.

The closest/only store for you? I never go back for stores I had major issues with.

mdubs

Banned

You have to print out order confirmation and bring that.

The closest/only store for you? I never go back for stores I had major issues with.

This isn't a major issue, it's policy. Receipt or photo id, always been this way. You can also make a note that someone else can pick up your order, but that needs to be done at the time of order.

The store did absolutely nothing wrong. Just get it tomorrow, they hold it for more than a day lol. Who gives a shit.

Roto13

I only go there when they have something exclusive. They are 100% staffed by idiots in my experience.

This isn't a major issue, it's policy. Receipt or photo id, always been this way. You can also make a note that someone else can pick up your order, but that needs to be done at the time of order.

The store did absolutely nothing wrong. Just get it tomorrow, they hold it for more than a day lol. Who gives a shit.

Except lol no lol they said they're not holding it lol it's first come first serve lol don't pretend this isn't fucking bullshit lol lol lol

I know you're an EB Games apologist but just give it a rest, ok?

Top Bottom