• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

i-Jest

I sure as hell didn't

I'm not sure if this'll severely change my spending habits, or if it means I'm gonna be waiting an extra few months for Mortal Kombat X to drop to $50

I wonder how the casual gaming audience here will react to new STANDARD EDITION games costing $74.99. That just sounds fucking absurd now.

I'm intrigued about the changes in consumer buying trends when the price rise. How, if at all, will PSN and the like adjust to this?

Welp time to build the backlogue again or buy some books. Most likely both.

I'm intrigued about the changes in consumer buying trends when the price rise. How, if at all, will PSN and the like adjust to this?

Welp time to build the backlogue again or buy some books. Most likely both.

It's so bizarre that we now have to accept that new games will probably be $74.99.

PSN so far has felt like... Almost a safe zone? Like I've seen a lot of Vita games go for $50, but on PSN they're still $39.99. Like Neptunia Rebirth 2 is $49.99 at EB Games, but on PSN it's $39.99.

Gotta enjoy this sight will I can. VIDEO GAMES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN... Or they'll just involve more waiting. I rarely buy brand new games at $59.99 to begin with, $74.99 is just out of the question now.

De_Legend

Banned
Yes! I await February 6th...

At this point, I do want to keep them all for the sake of growing my collection of Nintendo stuff, however I feel that if I am not able to collect every single one, I may sell them...eventually

Yeah I guess it would be pretty hard to get them all and to follow everything... we don't even know when they will be done either (I think) and it could last a long time.

RaidenXZ

Just got an email from EB Games saying the payment couldn't be processed for some reason on my online preorders for Megaman and Sonic Amiibos. I have to call them in the morning to figure it out or else they will cancel my order in the next few weeks :(
Any ideas what could've happened?

i-Jest

It's so bizarre that we now have to accept that new games will probably be $74.99.

PSN so far has felt like... Almost a safe zone? Like I've seen a lot of Vita games go for $50, but on PSN they're still $39.99. Like Neptunia Rebirth 2 is $49.99 at EB Games, but on PSN it's $39.99.

Gotta enjoy this sight will I can. VIDEO GAMES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN... Or they'll just involve more waiting. I rarely buy brand new games at $59.99 to begin with, $74.99 is just out of the question now.

In PSN we trust (until the next outage >_>).

i-Jest

PSN still has jacked up prices for PS4 games though.

True, which is why I'm interested in how they'll react to the change in the CAD. Will prices rise? Will they remain as is to stay competitive? Will they offer more coupons with the rise in prices? Same with XBLA and Eshop.

Stage On

That's because Eb games is full of shit and overcharges for lots of stuff in comparison to other retailers. Neptunia Rebirth 2 is only $39.99 on Amazon.ca and Video game plus for example

That said I only paid $30 for Rebirth 1 when it came out so I'll be damned if I spend $10 more for the second one.

Sora_N

Just got an email from EB Games saying the payment couldn't be processed for some reason on my online preorders for Megaman and Sonic Amiibos. I have to call them in the morning to figure it out or else they will cancel my order in the next few weeks :(
Any ideas what could've happened?

That should be fine, most people got that. Was a glitch, you should call anyway to make sure they corrected it on your order though.

ohlawd

True, which is why I'm interested in how they'll react to the change in the CAD. Will prices rise? Will they remain as is to stay competitive? Will they offer more coupons with the rise in prices? Same with XBLA and Eshop.

they will once they star to see more retailers put up games for 75

That's because Eb games is full of shit and overcharges for lots of stuff in comparison to other retailers. Neptunia Rebirth 2 is only $39.99 on Amazon.ca and Video game plus for example

That said I only paid $30 for Rebirth 1 when it came out so I'll be damned if I spend $10 more for the second one.

Yeah I got Rebirth 1 for less than $30 from the really early Amazon E3 deal last year.

But yeah. I'm pretty sure my spending habits are gonna change now. Honestly most of the stuff I want on day one consists of really niche games like Operation Abyss (gotta support EXP game localizations!) and the occasional "I NEED THIS" game aka Mortal Kombat X.

Returners

Too bad EBGames does not keep your pre-order price locked in. They have Street Fight V pre-order at 59.99$. By the time it comes out it might be 20$ more. Oh well, it should be the price we'll get it at from this year E3 deals! *cries*

Pretty much, although I did mention it to them when I picked up inFamous SS CE. They just brought up my preorder, checked the date, and gave me the lower price. So it's definitely YMMV.

Ondore

fuck-this-thing-cat.gif

Kilvin

Walmart seems to still have Sheik in stock, shipping says arrives by Feb 12. Also Toon Link and Bowser.

Logged on a few minutes ago and saw that and was about to post as well.

What a great thing to wake up to, I now have Shiek and free shipping to boot! Told me it will get to me by February 6th :)

Well that's weird, I just got a pre-order confirmation email on the monster hunter 4 3ds that I tried to order yesterday and thought that I got screwed on. The order definitely didn't show in my order history yesterday after I had tried but it is there now.

When they cancel the team leaders/ETL business cards you know shits real.

Next couple of weeks we are getting 5 trucks compared to our usual 2. So dont be surprised to see shit load of items bunched up next to no price tag since theyrd not sending us any more planograms. We just have to make labels manually now with the pc like we usually do, Which will take a long ass time, poor pricing team Lol.

Just get someone to scan an item for you on the floor if your not sure on the price, since we dont know how small/big the reduction will be, we have no control over that, were just as much in the dark as you are.

No closing down flyers either so its pretty much store by store basis for the next coming weeks. Just have to pop in whenever you can.

Hopefully we dont get any bullshit from customers while we're on the sales floor, it was really bad on Jan 15th-20TH. Please be nice :)

When they cancel the team leaders/ETL business cards you know shits real.

Next couple of weeks we are getting 5 trucks compared to our usual 2. So dont be surprised to see shit load of items bunched up next to no price tag since theyrd not sending us any more planograms. We just have to make labels manually now with the pc like we usually do, Which will take a long ass time, poor pricing team Lol.

Just get someone to scan an item for you on the floor if your not sure on the price, since we dont know how small/big the reduction will be, we have no control over that, were just as much in the dark as you are.

No closing down flyers either so its pretty much store by store basis for the next coming weeks. Just have to pop in whenever you can.

Hopefully we dont get any bullshit from customers while we're on the sales floor, it was really bad on Jan 15th-20TH. Please be nice :)

Best of luck with that. I suspect it's going to be crazy. People get nuts when it comes to deals. That's why I prefer to do my shopping online now-a-days. Can't stand the frantic panic.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man oh man. Next Thursday? I'm wondering which Target I should go to in Brampton. I'm not even sure what I will go for, haha.
Is that the confirmed date?

Yep, we have it absolutely awful here for hoarders :/ All I want is another DS4, ideally not a black one.

Harusame

So Futureshop is the exclusive seller of the Rosalina amiibo here? When are they going to sell them?

From my understanding, Rosalina will not be exclusive to just Futureshop. She will be also available at other retailers such as ebgames, bestbuy and amazon. Other than that, they all have not stated when will release her for sale.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Ah that 30 dolllar miku is tempting. Really wish the vita game was on sale too though. Anyone have an opinion there? Should I settle for the ps3 one if I had my heart set on vita?

All I want from Target is one or two controllers. Ideally, I only want to spend my gift cards because I'm cheap and don't really need anything right now.

Top Bottom