• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

jred2k

I was in a WalMart today and got a chuckle out of this. I didn't take it to a scanner to see if it is just a mislabeled sticker. I can't see anyone ever paying $80 for Other M.

eY5rpxT.jpg

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I was in a WalMart today and got a chuckle out of this. I didn't take it to a scanner to see if it is just a mislabeled sticker. I can't see anyone ever paying $80 for Other M.

As long as I've seen it at Walmart it has been that price. Sin and Punishment 2 is also ridiculously expensive.

So might be a dumb question but will target be getting any rosalina in Canada tomorrow? there were a few people saying that they will be getting shipments of them. But then Nintendo came out with that press release thing. I already have her preordered on amazon but it would be nice to not have to wait.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I have a few pre-orders from past E3 deals.

The Order Premium Edition - 15$
Bloodborne - 34.99$
Uncharted 4 - 34.99$
Persona 5 - 34.99$
Halo 5 - 37.95$
Kingdom Hearts 3 - 39.99$
Final Fantasy XV - 39.99$
Metal Gear - 39.99$
Witcher - 39.99$
Xenoblade Chronicles X - 39.99$
FE X SMT - 39.99$
Zelda Wii U - 45.49$

I'm good for a long time. Might add a few titles here and there depending on what is announced but this is the bulk of it and I ain't spending 69.99$ for any game (80$ in QC).

Still going strong. Every few weeks someone posts this and I get a chuckle every time.

Lexxism

Bloodborne - 34.99$
Uncharted 4 - 34.99$
Persona 5 - 34.99$
Halo 5 - 37.95$
Metal Gear - 39.99$
Witcher - 39.99$
FE X SMT - 39.99$
Zelda Wii U - 45.49$

I'm good for a long time. Might add a few titles here and there depending on what is announced but this is the bulk of it and I ain't spending 69.99$ for any game (80$ in QC).

Some were from Amazon screw up? I was stupid for not taking advantage of that. Only get 3 games from those.

Ondore

If something happens to my $35 Persona 5 or my $40 Xenoblade Chron... sorry, "Wii U X" preorders I'm going to punt a BB Canada executive in the junk.

Actual deal question: Any chance I'll be able to do better than $39.99+tax for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate between now and the 13th?

Some were from Amazon screw up? I was stupid for not taking advantage of that. Only get 3 games from those.

Yeah I'm hating myself for canceling some of my Amazon E3 screw up games. Specifically Uncharted 4, Destiny, the Order, and Bloodborne. I didn't think back then I'd be able to find a better job that'll make it easier to save up... And then I did eventually get a better.job. Welp.

Only thing left over from my Amazon E3 stuff is MGS V PP. Everything else is on BB including $35 Persona 5.

Yeah I'm hating myself for canceling some of my Amazon E3 screw up games. Specifically Uncharted 4, Destiny, the Order, and Bloodborne. I didn't think back then I'd be able to find a better job that'll make it easier to save up... And then I did eventually get a better job. Welp

I cancelled them because of their shipping issues.

I kind of wish I had just paid for Prime instead.

Fularu

Banned
I kept all my preorders

I still have :

Zelda U
Yoshi U
Xenoblade Chronicles
SMT VS FE
Mario Party 10
The Witcher 3
I don't remember what else but who cares :p

zroid

Banned
I'm still salty that Future Shop canceled my $39.99 Zelda Wii U pre-order from a couple years ago. Or, more accurately, changed to a Wind Waker HD pre-order... which I already had pre-ordered separately...

cmurph

Banned
Mann, where can I find a shulk?

Europe... or ebay. Maybe someone here if you get lucky.

So... amazon.fr sent me five french 3D bluray movies in the mail that I didn't order from them. I was never charged on the cc for them either. Which is really weird... I know I buy a lot items from amazon.com, amazon.ca and more recently amazon.fr amd amazon.jp for amiibos.

should i be worried that futureshop still lists my e3 2013 pre-order of xenoblade chronicles X as "X Wii U" in every order update email still?

Also, whenever I try accessing the order page from that period, I keep getting errors on their website. That's just frustrating.

(mat)

I know. It's hilarous. I mentioned this in a tweet awhile ago.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
well im not buying games for a while, love my hobby but not enough to spend 86 bucks on one game. Fuck you Harper

CRA5H

Anyone in the GTA looking for a Shulk, I'm looking to trade mine for a Lucario as I won't be able to head to Toys R Us because of work in the morning.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Few Vita games on sale for under $10 (Tearaway, Resistance, etc)
VitaTV bundle $140, regular $99
No mem cards though :/

Thank you for this. Dropped by Metrotown today and got a copy of Tearaway. There was only one left after I nabbed mine.

chrono01

It's not a deal, but Amazon.ca received another shipment of the Retro Zelda HORI 3DS hard case.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00ND0EBP4/

For those getting a Majora's Mask New 3DS XL in February, this looks to be a great option. Yes, it should fit, considering the case has more than a little "wiggle" room with a current 3DS XL, and the New 3DS XL is only slightly larger.

I received mine yesterday, and it looks great. I especially love the Triforce emblem on the zippers.

I'm still salty that Future Shop canceled my $39.99 Zelda Wii U pre-order from a couple years ago. Or, more accurately, changed to a Wind Waker HD pre-order... which I already had pre-ordered separately...

Same. I had to return my one Wind Waker. Now I have one around $45, but I still feel cheated.

Games I still have pre-ordered and price after tax:

Story of Seasons - $35.58 (will I get the pre-order bonus for this?)
Splatoon - $51.40
Kirby & The Rainbow Curse - $51.40 (returning, I got a pre-order at shop.ca for $39)
The Legend of Zelda: U - $51.40 (should've been $45...)
Yoshi's Woolly World - $45.19 (Also known as Yoshi's Land)
Xenoblade Chronicles X - $45.19 (Also known as Wii U X)
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem - $45.19 (I will never have to pay for this)
Bloodborne - $55.36
Star Wars Battlefront - $55.36 (Might cancel. I don't like the idea of buying an EA game made by DICE at launch)
Kingdom Hearts III - $55.36 (Will probably cancel)
Final Fantasy XV - $55.36 (Might cancel)

I also have Xenoblade, Yoshi, and Star Fox ordered at Bestbuy. I wasn't sure if I would still get Xenoblade or Yoshi with their weird names, so I ordered them last year. I will probably get them from FS, so that order will be cancelled.

This year is probably going to be 25% off, and games will be $80. So we get to buy games for $60!!!

Stage On

should i be worried that futureshop still lists my e3 2013 pre-order of xenoblade chronicles X as "X Wii U" in every order update email still?

Also, whenever I try accessing the order page from that period, I keep getting errors on their website. That's just frustrating.

They said on Twitter awhile back that they'd be taking care of that so I wouldn't be too worried about it....

https://twitter.com/FS_Gamer/status/476831842130477056

i-Jest

Just found out that Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS is up for preorder (@ $39.99) on the American Best Buy site. Can we expect preorders for Canadians to open soon and hopefully at $39.99?

Sealtest

Just found out that Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS is up for preorder (@ $39.99) on the American Best Buy site. Can we expect preorders for Canadians to open soon and hopefully at $39.99?

Amazon.ca had it at $44.99 but cancelled my order and now it says unavailable so who knows =/

Email was because they aren't available from the supplier any longer.

Stage On

Crud the only e3 preorders I have left are Story of Seasons, Xenoblade X and Zelda U....

I wonder how much deals we'll even get on Handheld games during E3 with those going up to in price to $45-50..... urg so much for getting them for $30 (or less) at launch :(

Lexxism

No. It will probably be 44.99 but with out shitty $ it might go 49.99

Renewed

Can't wait to see the Atlus tax stack on... OH GOSH.

I also didn't pre-order anything because I wasn't even sure if I was still going to play video games. So full price will keep me away for a while.

Sealtest

Mario Party 10 is the first Nintendo game to go +$10 instead of +$5

it's already happening, at least on Wii U ;_;

I only see it at $54.99 for the standard on amazon which is only $5 more then US

edit - Nvm seems futureshop has it at $59.99

i-Jest

Mario Party 10 is the first Nintendo game to go +$10 instead of +$5

it's already happening, at least on Wii U ;_;

Fuck. I should have preordered Devil's Third last E3. Guess I'll have to use that damn $5 BB coupon if it's still redeemable.

I have a bad feeling this game will ultimately be $49.99 US and $54.99 CND. I hope I'm wrong.

ohlawd

Can't wait to see the Atlus tax stack on... OH GOSH.

I also didn't pre-order anything because I wasn't even sure if I was still going to play video games. So full price will keep me away for a while.

I'll be the bait. Gonna order Etrian Mystery Dungeon for 50 bucks at EB

spoiler alert: I was gonna buy the game at any price anyway.

Thanks to prior E3s and other random pre-order sales, I am also in a deep game purchase hibernation (at least where AAA titles are concerned, indies on Steam and the like are usually much more reasonable).

Story of Seasons: $31.49
The Order: 1886: $39.86
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.: $27.99
Yoshi's Woolly World: $41.81
Final Fantasy XV: $39.99
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: $39.99
Persona 5 (PS3): $34.99
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem: $39.99
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End: $41.81
Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU): $39.99

If the worst comes to pass, many of those will practically be 50% off.

Bloodborne - 34.99$
Uncharted 4 - 34.99$
Persona 5 - 34.99$
Halo 5 - 37.95$
Metal Gear - 39.99$
Witcher - 39.99$
FE X SMT - 39.99$
Zelda Wii U - 45.49$

The Order: Premium seems to be in limbo

Ondore

Crud the only e3 preorders I have left are Story of Seasons, Xenoblade X and Zelda U....

I wonder how much deals we'll even get on Handheld games during E3 with those going up to in price to $45-50..... urg so much for getting them for $30 (or less) at launch :(

Amazon and EB Games have Devil Survivor Record Breaker for $60 already. Canadian dollar + Atlus tax = OW.

Thankfully, this being an Atlus game it'll go into their eShop rotation, and I'd be willing to jump in after I finish Overclocked and it's half off. Can't be that b...

/28,000 blocks for the JP version
Well, FUCK.

Top Bottom