• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Ondore

I put mine through PayPal last year and did 2013's with a prepaid credit card and gift cards. Sure, I had to call in a few times, but it worked out.

I put mine through PayPal last year and did 2013's with a prepaid credit card and gift cards. Sure, I had to call in a few times, but it worked out.

Never thought of that

I've never purchased anything through PayPal (I'm living in the stone age, I guess), but should get a credit card anyways. I need to build up credit, but will have to get a co-signer due to being unemployed.

jitterbug

Neo Member
should i be worried that futureshop still lists my e3 2013 pre-order of xenoblade chronicles X as "X Wii U" in every order update email still?

Also, whenever I try accessing the order page from that period, I keep getting errors on their website. That's just frustrating.

Don't worry at all. A lot of people contacted them in their forums to get it changed. Mine has been changed and they actually should have already changed all the pre-orders. In your futureshop order under product description there should be a link labeled "Review & Rate Product". If you click it, it should take you to a review page with the correct listing. If it does your pre-order has been changed. A little tip for those worried.

I have something to return at Future Shop, but don't really want to go out today because I need some sleep and may not get up before closing.

I bought the thing on January 2nd, and would have a month to return it, right? So, it'd be okay until February 2nd?

It's an unopened controller

I have something to return at Future Shop, but don't really want to go out today because I need some sleep and may not get up before closing.

I bought the thing on January 2nd, and would have a month to return it, right? So, it'd be okay until February 2nd?

Depends what it is, scroll down a bit and look at the chart, some items have 30, some 14 and some don't allow returns.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/returns-and-exchanges-policy/hc82.aspx

More importantly though, I think the 30 days might be up I'm afraid. Today would count as the 31st day since Jan 2nd.

zroid

Banned

Isn't it 30 days? That would rule out tomorrow. But that said usually they'll give you a break if it's just a few days late.

Depends what it is, scroll down a bit and look at the chart, some items have 30, some 14 and some don't allow returns.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/returns-and-exchanges-policy/hc82.aspx

More importantly though, I think the 30 days might be up I'm afraid. Today would count as the 31st day since Jan 2nd.

I realized it was likely 30 days after posting. Thanks for the reminder, though.

And yeah, my match sucks.

Isn't it 30 days? That would rule out tomorrow. But that said usually they'll give you a break if it's just a few days late.

Hopefully they will. I have it up on Kijiji for $60 (I paid $50 plus 13% tax) and it normally sells for $64.99.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yeah, I returned a game from an E3 order I didn't want 40 days after they shipped it to me. I lied and said I was working in BC and just got back when I saw the package.

Went to target this morning just for laughs to see if they got any new amiibos. I got there and only 2 people were waiting to get into the store. Unfortunately they didn't have anything besides the commons.

Kilvin

Well I guess the good news is, she is appearing fairly plentiful. So when she does come up here I have more hope that we'll be able to get one.

Dependent on how much stock was allocated to Canada to begin with. I'm hoping amazon restocks. But it's going to be a pain trying to f5 all these retailers.

Was able to order two from Targets site with shipping to a postal box in the US. Only Lucario left for wave 3!

Wow. Lucky you. Gotta get a boarder box. Gotta get a boarder box. Then again with the exchange rate the way it is, deals in the states aren't exactly deals anymore. Still for these items that wont ship to Canada...

Fuzzy

Dependent on how much stock was allocated to Canada to begin with. I'm hoping amazon restocks. But it's going to be a pain trying to f5 all these retailers.
1) Follow @FS_Gamer on Twitter.
2) Set Twitter to have it send you a text every time @FS_Gamer tweets
3) Order her from your phone the second you get that text

Never thought of that

I've never purchased anything through PayPal (I'm living in the stone age, I guess), but should get a credit card anyways. I need to build up credit, but will have to get a co-signer due to being unemployed.

Are you a student? They make cards tailored for students.

i-Jest

So step 2 is turn on mobile notifications for whomever your following right?

I don't have a phone plan right now so I'm SOL. Is there any other options of knowing when Futureshop tweets something that doesn't require SMS?

Ugh. The last time I followed someone on twitter for a sale notification is was Sony Canada for the PS4 20th. Eleven days straight of being glued to my screen only to be distracted by an unexpected phone call and miss the damn tweet.

Fuzzy

I don't have a phone plan right now so I'm SOL. Is there any other options of knowing when Futureshop tweets something that doesn't require SMS?
If you're on your PC then use a Twitter app like Janetter.

Ugh. The last time I followed someone on twitter for a sale notification is was Sony Canada for the PS4 20th. Eleven days straight of being glued to my screen only to be distracted by an unexpected phone call and miss the damn tweet.
That's why I said to have it set to send you a text. Turn the notification off once you're done.

i-Jest

I only have it on for @FS_Gamer. I'd never get anything done at work if I was getting notifications from everyone.

Yeah, I only turned on mobile notifications for @FS_Gamer. I don't use twitter but figured having an account would come in handy someday. Thanks for the tip.

Part of me is thankful I didn't get one. I would have been stressed out trying to decide to keep it. Then if I kept it, trying to decide if I should open it.

people selling it now, when there are hundreds of them out there, are impatient. the key is to wait a few years for the 25th anniversary, then break out your sealed one ;)

Kilvin

Thanks, I'll do this. One less retailer to have to worry about checking.

Fuzzy

Ok how do I do #2?
Add your phone number to Twitter and it'll send you a code to activate Twitter on your phone. You then send a text to 21212 that says "on @fs_gamer".

r9ZdVfSl.png

Kilvin

Just saw the tweet from Futureshop that said they won't have walk-ins for Meta Knight and that it was only available online...... Damn.

Looks like I might have to import.

Just saw the tweet from Futureshop that said they won't have walk-ins for Meta Knight and that it was only available online...... Damn.

Looks like I might have to import.

Hurts :(, I guess I'm out of luck then, im completely against rewarding scalpers.

Didn't someone get you one in the Amiibo thread?

Yeah. He's holding it for me if I fail to snag one with a Canadian retailer. I haven't been collecting these for myself, they've been for my son. Limited budget. So if we can save on the shipping by getting one north of the boarder, greenwolfe7 is going to pass the one he's holding for me along to someone else on the C.i.S.o.R. list.

Yeah. He's holding it for me if I fail to snag one with a Canadian retailer. I haven't been collecting these for myself, they've been for my son. Limited budget. So if we can save on the shipping by getting one north of the boarder, greenwolfe7 is going to pass the one he's holding for me along to someone else on the C.i.S.o.R. list.

Nice. Just wondering since I saw him try to get your attention a couple times.

Mikey Jr.

Dont mean to be a dick, but cant you guys make a separate "Canada amiibo" thread or something and put everything there? I try and check this thread once a day, but it is getting overwhelming with this talk. Seems like at least 75% of it is about it, and just sifting through it all is getting annoying.

Dont mean to be a dick, but cant you guys make a separate "Canada amiibo" thread or something and put everything there? I try and check this thread once a day, but it is getting overwhelming with this talk. Seems like at least 75% of it is about it, and just sifting through it all is getting annoying.

Is it really that hard to keep up? Two pages back is January 30, so it's not like this is taking up 3 pages a day of solely amiibo talk. It's February haha, there are precious few deals to discuss. We need to talk about something :p

I promise you, if there is ever a deal so insane that it has to be noticed, it will be impossible to miss on this thread. But right now, for better or worse, the only thing that takes up that kind of feverish demand is those damned toys.

Kilvin

Is it really that hard to keep up? Two pages back is January 30, so it's not like this is taking up 3 pages a day of solely amiibo talk. It's February haha, there are precious few deals to discuss. We need to talk about something :p

Just quoting Nobody in agreement. We already discussed this at length the other day and don't feel I have much left to add.

Sapiens

I second this.

It seems that until the Amiibo thing dies down (which it will), we should have a second Canada Amiibo thread. Then, once everyone realizes they've wasted their money, we can fold the once-a-month-or-so discussion on their "investments" back into he Canada Deals OT.

Mikey Jr.

I promise you, if there is ever a deal so insane that it has to be noticed, it will be impossible to miss on this thread. But right now, for better or worse, the only thing that takes up that kind of feverish demand is those damned toys.
[/QUOTE]

But, it would be nice to look through 20 posts regarding deals/conversations, rather than 200 posts that have 50% amibo posts or whatever and trying to find stuff I missed.

You have to admit that a vast majority of these posts have been amibos and they have been for the past month.

Seems like an easy solution would be to create another thread and keep it there. I think it would benefit everyone.

Even if its $5 off something, I would rather see that. It is just getting kind of time consuming to be honest. I want to look quick. Even if there is nothing to talk about. Fine. I'm fine with that. So nobody discusses. Not sure what the big deal is.

Top Bottom