• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If anyone has a problem with what's being posted in here then contact a mod. Complaining in here is a waste of time.

baconcow

Dont mean to be a dick, but cant you guys make a separate "Canada amiibo" thread or something and put everything there? I try and check this thread once a day, but it is getting overwhelming with this talk. Seems like at least 75% of it is about it, and just sifting through it all is getting annoying.

I agree with this. If you are not looking for Amiibo's than this thread is brutal to read through on a mobile. Either way, though. Maybe people (myself included) could gather the notable current deals together once a page.

But, it would be nice to look through 20 posts regarding deals/conversations, rather than 200 posts that have 50% amibo posts or whatever and trying to find stuff I missed.

You have to admit that a vast majority of these posts have been amibos and they have been for the past month.

Seems like an easy solution would be to create another thread and keep it there. I think it would benefit everyone.

Even if its $5 off something, I would rather see that. It is just getting kind of time consuming to be honest. I want to look quick. Even if there is nothing to talk about. Fine. I'm fine with that. So nobody discusses. Not sure what the big deal is.

I don't really think it's a bad idea per se, I guess the only thing I'll say is that this thread is the single biggest concentration of Canadian members, so it's natural that discussion stays here (like i said a couple days ago, the thread is Canadian Deals and Discussions, not Canadian Deals Discussion).

Believe me, around PS4 launch I had my share of complaints around the shipping talk (the thread title exists for a reason haha), but it will pass. I completely empathize with why it's obnoxious, I just don't think it's a critical mass that this thread is super difficult to keep up with. I don't have much sympathy for saying you'd rather scroll through half a page rather than a full page lol.

Mikey Jr.

Any ideas for a thread title / OP for a "Canadian Amiibo" thread?

Should we compile a list of Canadian websites selling Amiibo for the OP?

Please create this.

I think Canadian Amiibo sounds good. There should be a link to that thread in the OP.

Then you guys can put your futureshop websites or whatever there. That way, everything will be consolidated there and you guys will be happy, and then the rest of us will too.

Mikey Jr.

I don't really think it's a bad idea per se, I guess the only thing I'll say is that this thread is the single biggest concentration of Canadian members, so it's natural that discussion stays here (like i said a couple days ago, the thread is Canadian Deals and Discussions, not Canadian Deals Discussion).

Believe me, around PS4 launch I had my share of complaints around the shipping talk (the thread title exists for a reason haha), but it will pass. I completely empathize with why it's obnoxious, I just don't think it's a critical mass that this thread is super difficult to keep up with.

My only probably is that its been going on for so long and completely swallows up the whole thread.

Shipping concerns or whatever last for like a week, but I don't see amiibos going away any time soon.

Kilvin

Adding onto that any Vita memory card deals anywhere? These things rarely seem to drop in price and are oh so expensive. :(

I'm still living off of the 4gb card that came with the Vita, it's been a rough two years....

I was hoping that maybe the Target liquidation would yield some results but when I was at my location the other day it looked like they didn't even have any remaining.

Yeah, i mean it's fine for me. I can post in any relevant thread, if that's what most people want. It's not hard to sift through though, you're just being lazy haha. If anyhting, it helps keep the thread active during the downtime. The only reason it's taking over the thread is because it's the most interesting thing happening in the Canadian gaming retail environment right now.

ohlawd

If anyone has a problem with what's being posted in here then contact a mod. Complaining in here is a waste of time.

yep, this

I love how people just come in to whine. No matter how politely you ask to change the current topic, it ain't happening

you know when shipping talk happens and people whined then too? telling others to stop and shit. guess what happened? nothing happened. shipping talk prevailed.

it ain't happening. gotta escalate it to a mod. be my guest, anybody who's sick of amiibo and/or shipping talk.

I don't actually give a fuck. I like it when this thread's active. anything goes. we can talk about sex toys too. that's cool. no deals? deal with it

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't see the issue if this thread only gets bumped if there's actually a new deal. Seems like the way it should be to me.
Most likely, everyone will just stop posting it in, since there has basically been one deal in the last month or so.

I mean, would you be allowed to post zelda 3ds xl availability? It's not a deal after all.

Vamphuntr

Might as well just create a Canadian shipping thread. Then this thread would be as quiet as CAG Canada. lol

CAG Canada is also talking about amiibo these days. At least there is still RFD for deals. This thread is mostly about Amiibos, how someone could not get Amiibos, how someone imported Amiibo, how someone is angry about Amiibos, complaining that Amazon Canada is shipping slowly even if people warned them countless times, or complaining that they couldn't order some limited edition item.

The Amiibo and shipping discussions can't get a bit overwhelming at times, but it's not horribly difficult to scroll past everything until you see a hyperlink. That's what I've been doing lately.

CAG Canada is also talking about amiibo these days. At least there is still RFD for deals. This thread is mostly about Amiibos, how someone could not get Amiibos, how someone imported Amiibo, how someone is angry about Amiibos, complaining that Amazon Canada is shipping slowly even if people warned them countless times, or complaining that they couldn't order some limited edition item.

if not that, then what? complaining about the shitty dollar? complaining about the lack of deals?

that's the point

i-Jest

I was skimming over the RFD Target clearance subforum and in this thread people are saying PS4's are cleared out in the GTA. XB1's seem to be in stock still. I haven't recently checked mine here in Toronto but I didn't see anything I really wanted to pick up the last time I was there. Once the sales start that might be the best time to pick up a console, if you can find one, or anything else like Vita memory cards and other accessories that never go on sale.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/video-games-deals-megathread-1667637/

Lothars

I don't think there is any reason to have a separate amiibo thread. This thread is for both Canadian discussion of deals and other things. I'd prefer it to all stay in this thread.

Kilvin

Well I think that someone should probably contact a mod and they can make a call on what should happen.

Because ironically there are people who don't want Amiibo talk in this thread, but instead we have lengthy discussions about whether there should or shouldn't be Amiibo talk in this thread. It's silly really.

Tiktaalik

Most likely, everyone will just stop posting it in, since there has basically been one deal in the last month or so.

I mean, would you be allowed to post zelda 3ds xl availability? It's not a deal after all.

Yeah that's reasonable.

The Amiibo stuff seems a bit distinctive to me because:

1. Amiibos are being released constantly so they're overwhelming the conversation.
2. There seems to be a justifiably large enough group of people that are clearly completely uninterested and never will be interested in Amiibos.

Because of these two points an Amiibo thread could make a lot of sense.

I'm just saying that I'm ok with this thread being bumped less often, because then when it is bumped it's more likely that there's something interesting going on.

Well I think that someone should probably contact a mod and they can make a call on what should happen.

Because ironically there are people who don't want Amiibo talk in this thread, but instead we have lengthy discussions about whether there should or shouldn't be Amiibo talk in this thread. It's silly really.

Sure, a mod can decide. There's absolutely no case to make though, other than "I don't like all the amiibo talk". Saying it has no place here is 100% false, this is a thread for discussions about gaming and deals in Canada, and the amiibo talk is absolutely all revolved around Canadian availability.

This isn't a deals thread. Not exclusively. It's the Canada Gaming Talk thread.

People have selective memories anyway. Around boxing day, this thread did indeed have a lot of boxing day deals discussion. If you're sole argument is that you don't care if the thread dies down, you'd rather the discussion just be pertinent to your interest, then tough shit. Scroll.

mdubs

Banned
I too am annoyed with the amiibo talk here. I didn't care about amiibos and just wanted deals, but now after hearing about everything I ended buying 2 and now I'm straight down the amiibo rabbit hole. Thanks a lot you dicks
<3

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Honestly, I see this thread dying as quickly as Canada PoliGAF if it's just deals only, since inevitably people will forget about the thread once it never pops up in the subs anymore.

Tiktaalik

Sure, a mod can decide. There's absolutely no case to make though, other than "I don't like all the amiibo talk". Saying it has no place here is 100% false, this is a thread for discussions about gaming and deals in Canada, and the amiibo talk is absolutely all revolved around Canadian availability.

This isn't a deals thread. Not exclusively. It's the Canada Gaming Talk thread.

Until Quebec makes its own distinctive Quebec Gaming Deals thread.

Vibranium

Banned
Dont mean to be a dick, but cant you guys make a separate "Canada amiibo" thread or something and put everything there? I try and check this thread once a day, but it is getting overwhelming with this talk. Seems like at least 75% of it is about it, and just sifting through it all is getting annoying.

Yeah, there is no harm in making a Canadian Amiibo thread alongside the American one, I'm sure the mods would be cool with it. It would make it less cluttered in here for those of us not into Amiibos.

Maximus.

I think separate threads is a good idea. As already mentioned, it was great before how if this thread got bumped, it was usually due to a deal or a discussion about a deal. Nowadays, there is a ton of random discussion that I find either relevant or not to my needs. It is also helpful when we talk about quantities of stock, for instance preordering a limited edition and tracking when those items will go up for preorder.

The amiibo discussion is great and has been helpful in hunting down some, but I understand how its taking away from the deals part of this thread.

The shipping discussion in general is annoying because its the same complaints over and over. I understand if people are asking what to do if its a weird situation, but the constant complaints about not getting a shipment email or not getting a game on launch got really really annoying.

Having separate threads will allow people to follow what they want way more easily, since they can go into the appropriate threads and see what is going on.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion |OT| Discussion officiel Amiibo canadienne

A place where fellow Canadians can gather to discuss Amiibo!

RbnOm8x.png

A few Canadian sites...
Future Shop
Best Buy
Wal-Mart
EB Games

And here is the current US Amiibo |OT|...

Hope yet remains in the North...

RAOLUwb.png

----

I'm up for suggestions on adding anything if necessary...

Kilvin

I too am annoyed with the amiibo talk here. I didn't care about amiibos and just wanted deals, but now after hearing about everything I ended buying 2 and now I'm straight down the amiibo rabbit hole. Thanks a lot you dicks
<3

Haha, just spreading the love.

Kilvin

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion |OT| Discussion officiel Amiibo canadienne

A place where fellow Canadians can gather to discuss Amiibo!

RbnOm8x.png

A few Canadian sites...
Future Shop
Best Buy
Wal-Mart
EB Games

And here is the current US Amiibo |OT|...

Hope yet remains in the North...

RAOLUwb.png

----

I'm up for suggestions on adding anything if necessary...

I like the title and a good start, we can always add whatever else is necessary later.

Maybe mention something about Meta Knight and his tentative Feb 28th release and maybe about Shulks limited release and how the rest of the preorders are expected sometime over the next few weeks.

Also, Lucarios slated for Feb 6th last I heard.

Harusame

While I don't think there is a need to have separate threads, I do understand that there are some that are not keen into the amiibo and random discussion. However, I think it is currently fine having some of the discussions situated in one thread as I find it more convenient. Even if there some discussions that are not relevant to my needs, I merely just skim over them and hopefully learn something in process.

This is so insane, that this discussion has turned into this today because of one lazy dude who, and this is a quote " It is just getting kind of time consuming to be honest. I want to look quick. Even if there is nothing to talk about.".

Well, glorious. Even if there's nothing to talk about, we wouldn't want you to have to use that opposable thumb too often to scroll through a page or two.

zroid

Banned
I don't know why this thread constantly needs to be hijacked by people complaining about what the discussion is about. It has always been a place to talk about whatever AND post deals.

I don't see the need for a "Canadian amiibo thread". If a certain subset of people want a twitter-like feed of Canadian game deals with no discussion, then why even post here?

Enjoy: http://twitter.com/gamedealscanada

Maximus.

This is so insane, that this discussion has turned into this today because of one lazy dude who, and this is a quote " It is just getting kind of time consuming to be honest. I want to look quick. Even if there is nothing to talk about.".

Well, glorious. Even if there's nothing to talk about, we wouldn't want you to have to use that opposable thumb too often to scroll through a page or two.

Everyone has differing points, your dissatisfaction is no different than that one person. This thread has evolved a lot throughout the years and maybe it is time for certain discussions to move out of this thread. The way I saw this thread was about deals gaming or non-gaming related and discussions related to those deals. Not discussion about anything and everything in Canada.

If Amiibo discussion is removed from this thread, it will survive. It sure was fine before Amiibos even existed.

I'm inclined to think that a Canadian Amiibo thread will allow a more focused discussion, and perhaps entice more lurkers to participate in the discussion (I myself being one of those lurkers).

Anyways, I made that prototype OP just to see what people think. We don't have to move forward with it. I'm cool with whatever!

Top Bottom