• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wonder how much of their game sales is from the E3 thing and how much they sell otherwise.

Did they even do many midnight launch things this year?

I wonder how much of their game sales is from the E3 thing and how much they sell otherwise.

Did they even do many midnight launch things this year?

I feel like they did as many as most other places. Destiny, CoD. EB did Smash & amiibo, but I don't think anyone else did.

Online sales have put a huge dent in midnight openings, I'm sure. Only the biggest games would be worth it.

Which reminds me, anyone know if EB is doing a midnight opening for n3DS/Monster Hunter/Majora?

ohlawd

yo we are fucked if this thread goes to community

that's where threads go to die

but hey if it helps keep complainers out of the thread then sign me the fuck up

firehawk12

Subete no aware

That's what subscriptions are for at least!

I feel like they did as many as most other places. Destiny, CoD. EB did Smash & amiibo, but I don't think anyone else did.

Online sales have put a huge dent in midnight openings, I'm sure. Only the biggest games would be worth it.

Which reminds me, anyone know if EB is doing a midnight opening for n3DS/Monster Hunter/Majora?
Oh they did Destiny and CoD? Crazy, although I guess it makes sense. It just seems like their shelves are usually full of the new games, because, well... who is going to pay 80 bucks for a game these days?

I don't think that it would change much for the regulars. However, newcomers might not spot the topic as easily.

ohlawd

that's what they all say

you guys better not hold back on me. don't leave me ;_;

I sub to all threads too. that feature must be hella underused

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I sub to all threads too. that feature must be hella underused
MJ99WoP.png

I wonder how much bigger that number would be if I started doing that sooner.
My GAF bookmark is my subscription page.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
And that's exactly how people feel about shipping talk. It's never going away because people will always be ordering things online and it fills this thread with things other than deals. This is why we now highlight NEW DEAL at the top of a post to make it easier to see those deals. Once again, if you have a problem with what's being posted in here then contact a mod and have them deal with it. While you're at it have them move this thread to Gaming Community.
Yeah, but people actually don't use the highlighting consistently, so that's kind of a non-solution. I used to be fine with Amiibo hunting here because it is relevant to the thread, but right now it's actively making it harder to parse for deals.

Furthermore, the idea that it isn't necessary because there's a dedicated Amiibo discussion thread already doesn't make sense; there's clearly active interest in focused, Canadian Amiibo hunting discussion, and that's enough to warrant it's own thread if it's being detrimental to this thread (which IMO, it is, since the highlighting isn't being used consistently, and is in itself a compromise for discussion that could have it's own thread).

Ryde3

Saw PS Vita TV (open box) at the SONY store at Scarborough Town Centre for 49.99 incase anyone was looking for them. I'm not sure if that's the norm at all of them or not though.

Stage On

Has anyone else heard the rumour of FS going out of gaming? Anyone know if there's any truth to it?

Oh man I hope that's not true because if it is then we are well and truly screwed. If Futureshop stops selling games that means Best buy would stop as well since they are for all intents and purposes the same.

That would just leave us with what? Eb games who overcharge for a ton of stuff, Toys r us which has much less selection and Wal mart for physical stores you can go to pick things up

Not to mention losing the primary driving force behind the e3 sales which at this point are one of the only things keeping me going on the ability to afford newer games.

mdubs

Banned
So before we all freak out there is no basis for these rumours about Future Shop right? This is the first I've heard of it.

QaaQer

I have zero beef with the thread moving to community. It should be there. If Giant Bomb can manage the change, we can too.

Thread should be split into Shipping/Amiibo Whinning and an actual deals thread. Leave the deals thread in gaming and move the whining thread.

vulva

I agree with killing amiibo talk. Stop talking about stuff I don't care about, only post about things I do care about.

iLLmAtlc

I agree with killing amiibo talk. Stop talking about stuff I don't care about, only post about things I do care about.

basically

thread 1 amiibo talk, tons of activity
thread 2 exclusively gaming deals, ghost town

this is unofficial canada gaf and that's gonna be no more if amiibo talk is removed.

people who are complaining, has the amiibo talk actually caused you to miss a deal? i kinda doubt it.

I still think the best solution is to keep everything together and somebody just posts a recap of all the current deals occasionally

Firestorm

I'm usually fine with amiibo talk but I just had to go through four pages of whining about amiibo talk which was horrible. If you want gaming deals without discussion there are links in the OP to places that have that (RFD, Twitter, Facebook, etc)

vulva

lets make a canadian amiibo and shipping/ amiibo whining and shipping whining thread. That way we can all go there and whine and talk about those things in one place. Everyone wins.

Stage On

All of you saying to get rid of Amiibo talk are acting like finding the deals is hard or something.

What do you not have Game Deals Canada on your facebook and twitter feeds? I mean frick that's pretty much the only reason I even use twitter.

I also check Red flag deals under the video game category every day at least once. And then the Cheep ass gaming Canada sub form just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

And even just going by this thread by itself it's never so fast moving that I can't keep up. Having to scroll through a handful of pages tops per day isn't a big deal

So before we all freak out there is no basis for these rumours about Future Shop right? This is the first I've heard of it.
I think Future Shop/Best Buy would sooner go online only and close up most if not all physical shops. After gutting all senior staff the other year, there's not much more to get rid of other than the stores themselves.

basically

thread 1 amiibo talk, tons of activity
thread 2 exclusively gaming deals, ghost town

this is unofficial canada gaf and that's gonna be no more if amiibo talk is removed.

people who are complaining, has the amiibo talk actually caused you to miss a deal? i kinda doubt it.

I still think the best solution is to keep everything together and somebody just posts a recap of all the current deals occasionally

So you're telling me that we have come this far in so many years because Amiibo?

Ghost town my ass. Let me help you all:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=983273&page=100000

Socreges

Banned
Why did this thread get so active today? Amiibo debates? Used to be that I could comfortably predict a killer sale had happened, but now it's more likely meta discussion.

Fuzzy

So you're telling me that we have come this far in so many years because Amiibo?

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=983273&page=100000
No, he's saying that if you cut out everything but deals (which in essence is what people are saying when they want no Amiibo/shipping/what people ordered during a sale talk) then this thread would be dead. There has been plenty of non-deals talk in this thread forever. Just look at the beginning of this thread:

Awesome, new thread!

yay new thread

My guardians of the galaxy steelbook just shipped from future shop!

My order updates for Last Guardian and Mirror's Edge 2 are going directly to Junk Mail now... Even my email doesn't believe :(

Thread title credit to Grimsen which everyone seemed to vote for over the others!

And subscribed. Looking forward to a whole new year with y'all.

I asked in the other thread, anywhere I can buy online Canadian PSN codes? I want to get Destiny PS3/4.

Also I can do swaps / trades for JP PSN eshop or itunes, in return for exact exchange rate via PayPal or the CA equivalent.

It's not until the 7th reply that there's anything relating to a deal of any sort and that's lupinko looking for one.

Hell, just look at your other 4 posts in this thread and tell me which should've been posted going by the "no off topic" rule that so many want.

What are you selling?

Post here to be safe and let users decide: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=895748&page=100000

I PMed him. I actually wanted to buy one for him but it was sold out a minute after I put it in cart. Sucks that I was looking for filler item for free shipping.

Fuck you, Sony. Fucking stupid fucking shit with stupid fucking timing without stupid fucking warning.

Good grief, I waited for this shit; knew they would fuck up.
Yeah, one. Thanks for the contribution.

Stage On

The the cold hard truth of the matter is with our dollar in the toilet and sinking even more fast the deals are way fewer and father between then they used to be in past years.

So take away the Amiibo and we'll have very little to talk about until June once the e3 sales arrive. Assuming we still have Future shop/Best buy around anyhow.

In related discussion is anyone else cutting back since everything is going up in price? I canceled my preorder for Majora's mask which reduces my game purchases for the month to zero

Maximus.

No, he's saying that if you cut out everything but deals (which in essence is what people are saying when they want no Amiibo/shipping/what people ordered during a sale talk) then this thread would be dead. There has been plenty of non-deals talk in this thread forever. Just look at the beginning of this thread:

It's not until the 7th reply that there's anything relating to a deal of any sort and that's lupinko looking for one.

Hell, just look at your other 4 posts in this thread and tell me which should've been posted going by the "no off topic" rule that so many want.

Yeah, one. Thanks for the contribution.

You're taking it to an extreme. No one is saying don't discuss what you bought from said deals, rather conversations that are not related to deals is peeving off a number of people who use this thread. For me, the biggest complaint I have is when shipping-gaf comes into play. The amiibo talk hasn't been too bad for me, but I understand where people are coming from requesting that be moved outside of this thread, unless its related to a deal or a shipment or tweet about preordering.

I understand that after 5 OT's there is a community here that talks beyond just the topic at hand, but it has recently gotten to the point where the thread is getting constantly bumped with very little talk of deals (yes shitty dollar and all).

You people have convinced yourselves that this thread has to be active for some reason. I don't see any harm in making a separate thread for amiibo related discussion, but I don't care either way.

Fuzzy

You're taking it to an extreme. No one is saying don't discuss what you bought from said deals, rather conversations that are not related to deals is peeving off a number of people who use this thread. For me, the biggest complaint I have is when shipping-gaf comes into play. The amiibo talk hasn't been too bad for me, but I understand where people are coming from requesting that be moved outside of this thread, unless its related to a deal or a shipment or tweet about preordering.

I understand that after 5 OT's there is a community here that talks beyond just the topic at hand, but it has recently gotten to the point where the thread is getting constantly bumped with very little talk of deals (yes shitty dollar and all).
But the Amiibo talk has been about deals (when they go up, what's going on with Rosalina, etc).

Some hate shipping talk. Some hate Amiibo talk. Some hate lists of what people ordered. Where's the line?

It's a moot point anyway since Stump said he'd come in here and handle it one way or the other.

Savitar

The thread has existed without amiibos before and it can exist without them now.

So I'm all in favor of the talk being moved out, there's enough amiibos threads out there now. One dedicated entirely to all things amiibos.

It's ok

Evolve and The Order are out in a few weeks

We will all be wondering what Amazon will do with the premium edition price error

Top Bottom